Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2007, 09:07 AM

70 posts, read 421,384 times

Advertisements

I realize it is no Manhattant or Park Slope, but how are the restaurants, and shopping in Parkchester. Also, anyone use the recreational facilities that parkchester provides (ie movies in the park etc). thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 10:24 AM

34,096 posts, read 47,293,896 times
mr. scatman, this question is all yours!

Old 10-05-2007, 02:15 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,992 times
Here's the thread I started a couple of months ago.....

Why I moved from Park Slope to Parkchester.....

Metropolitan Avenue is Parkchester's commercial strip, with a few department stores, including a Macy's, Foot Locker and Zales. There's also an Uno's Restaurant. There are about 6 supermarkets and 5 banks that go with an express subway stop (6). Of course, it's a totally different neighborhood than Park Slope, and you may have to go elsewhere for your real exotic cuisines (ex, Thai, Malaysian, etc!) and chic stores. However, for me, it was being a homeowner and living in a much more spacious apartment at an affordable price that attract me to parkchester.

They do have plenty of activities at the Oval during the summer, in the heart of Parkchester, with the Christmas lights during the holidays. And people love to just chill at the oval in the evening. I will say this: Parkchester South is more preferable than the North for a few reasons. Either way, you will be getting more apartment for the buck.

The main issue in Parkchester is the parking. If you don't have a car, it will be no problem, but if you do.......!

Check and see the neighborhood for yourself. And check realty listings regarding available apartments. Peace.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:36 PM

70 posts, read 421,384 times
Yeah, it sounds good. I will check it out. I saw a lot of pre forclosure listings on the parkchesterinfo site. What is that all about? I mean is it legit? Anyone know?

Old 10-05-2007, 02:57 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdowler View Post
Yeah, it sounds good. I will check it out. I saw a lot of pre forclosure listings on the parkchesterinfo site. What is that all about? I mean is it legit? Anyone know?
Forclosures are part of "Everywhere, except Manhattan disease"! However, it's not driving the available, non-foreclosed prices down (at least, according to the listings I see, and I see plenty!). But regarding forclosures, check them out! If you can find a super-penny deal.......!

(Gee....'super-penny' and 'New York' in the same sentence!).

Old 10-07-2007, 01:29 PM

1,526 posts, read 5,603,883 times
There's a brand new article about Parkchester in the NY Times which offers info about facilities, prices, etc.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/10/07/re...ref=realestate

Old 06-01-2008, 05:42 PM

4 posts, read 11,604 times
I am buying a co-op two blocks away from Parkchester, on Theiriot Avenue. Can I get the 4-1-1 on that area. The bldg seems well-maintained and the apt. is GORGEOUS! It looks pretty safe, but are there issues that a single woman should know about?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City