Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 01:58 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunnor View Post
* Smoking ban law may be broken, but at least we have a law for it and most people know it's illegal and many try to avoid smoking. NYC speed limit is 30 mph (Except where posted), so you will obviously have some people drive faster than that.

* Bloomberg was the main person proposing bike lanes, planting of trees, adding more polices offers/higher security, etc.

* So you are OK with killing innocent people with unhealthy, deadly trans fat while it could be avoided?
You need to do more research!
Those people CHOOSE to eat that stuff. It's called FREE WILL and living in a FREE COUNTRY.

The city needs JOBS! Decent paying employment! AFFORDABLE HOUSING!

Who gives an *ish about some damn trees when you're facing eviction and can't put food on the table??

The hell are some TREES gonna do to help you? Is it for the homeless to live under?

He NEEDS TO GO!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2012, 02:03 PM

64 posts, read 85,525 times
Quote:
* Smoking ban law may be broken, but at least we have a law for it and most people know it's illegal and many try to avoid smoking. NYC speed limit is 30 mph (Except where posted), so you will obviously have some people drive faster than that.

* Bloomberg was the main person proposing bike lanes, planting of trees, adding more polices offers/higher security, etc.

* So you are OK with killing innocent people with unhealthy, deadly trans fat while it could be avoided?
You need to do more research!
are you for real? is this trans fat reaping havok on the streets of nyc?? no puts a gun to anyone's head and makes them smoke or eat fast food. get real

Old 09-21-2012, 02:04 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,586,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Those people CHOOSE to eat that stuff. It's called FREE WILL and living in a FREE COUNTRY.

Who gives an *ish about some damn trees when you're facing eviction and can't put food on the table??

The hell are some TREES gonna do to help you? Is it for the homeless to live under?

He NEEDS TO GO!!
No, those people did NOT choose to eat that stuff. Do you know what trans-fat actually is?
No, I don't think so. Get yourself educated about it before you judge.

Trans fat is type of fat that is extremely unhealthy and dangerous. Most people eating it do not realize it has trans-fat in it. You still have same food options, just that is does not have any trans fat in it. Nobody removed any foods to be sold. Same food, just made and cooked differently. No, I don't want my hot dog or kebab at my local stand to contain it!

Yes, we do care about obesity and health because we are the ones' paying for it (tax payers).

Here we go again - uneducated about what trees could do besides "beauty". Trees reduce pollution, creates shade during summer heat and humidity (lower energy/electricity bill and usage), helps making the air quality better, etc.

Study biology & science.

Old 09-22-2012, 01:20 PM

8,695 posts, read 11,084,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCWonderBoy View Post
I say we erect a statue of the man. Maybe in Hudson Yards?
he can buy an terracotta army full of statues with his own money

Personally I am against statues of public figures or renaming highway/street/bridges after politcians...koch bridge? rfk bridge? jackie robinson parkway?

Old 09-22-2012, 05:42 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
No, those people did NOT choose to eat that stuff. Do you know what trans-fat actually is?
No, I don't think so. Get yourself educated about it before you judge.

Trans fat is type of fat that is extremely unhealthy and dangerous. Most people eating it do not realize it has trans-fat in it. You still have same food options, just that is does not have any trans fat in it. Nobody removed any foods to be sold. Same food, just made and cooked differently. No, I don't want my hot dog or kebab at my local stand to contain it!

Yes, we do care about obesity and health because we are the ones' paying for it (tax payers).

Here we go again - uneducated about what trees could do besides "beauty". Trees reduce pollution, creates shade during summer heat and humidity (lower energy/electricity bill and usage), helps making the air quality better, etc.

Study biology & science.

Um, No.

No one loves nature more than me. But you are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, WRONG,
trees are not going to lower energy and reduce my electric bill and usage. The only way my electric bill can be reduced, would be if Con Ed would reduce rate, not by planting a tree.

We have 3 Honey Locust trees in front of our apartment, that the LL did not want, however we made the best of it by planting flowers, ets. It is a 10K fine to remove a tree. The nerve. But it would have of been nice if the City ASKED, if you want a tree in front of your home. Not everyone does for various reasons..............................

Old 09-22-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makossa View Post
This is my plan. Next year when Bloomie ends his final illegal third term I don't care who's running against who ~ I'm writing in "nightcrawler" for mayor! When you're in man, I want to work for you. There's a few others on here you might want to consider as well. There is even a place for SobroGuy in your administration!
OMG, you are too funny.

Of course I will hire you as my right hand assistant, you will work right along side of me no doubt.

As far as Sobroguy, while most times I don't agree with him, (sometimes I do, not often though), he is still our CD friend, so he will have a job as well !

Old 09-22-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post

He NEEDS TO GO!!

excellent post.!!!

I choose not to drink extra large soda drinks, I choose not to smoke.

but my friend chooses the huge sizes and is a smoker.....

but these are our choices, no one wants to be told what to have and do and what not to have and not do......

we dont need a mayor fior that.

and i agree with another poster here (makoosa), Does anyone in their right mind actually believe that Bloomie really cares about our health............................................ ......

Old 09-23-2012, 08:58 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times
gotta be kidding me. guiliani was racist. HE ILLEGALLY BOUGHT HIS WAY INTO A 3RD TERM!!!! under his administration there would be no food trucks. so if you want to get a quick bite to eat from people in front of your office, he'd ban that. he was also cracking down on vendors among 125th street. bloomberg makes a lot of back-door deals for his real estate developer buddies, which is how his "affordable housing" plan got started. he's is the main force behind pricing out the poor, and making them move to outer boro's, or out of state.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:21 AM

55 posts, read 127,158 times
Yeah, Bloomberg has done great things for Bloomburbia, NYC Theme Park for the Fiscally Relevant. Unfortunately, I want to live in NEW YORK.

But then, I'm not rich or willing to be a "good servant" like so many people milling about lately. I'm sure the next class purge will shove me and my friends aside. Gotta keep residential units open for inherited wealth to have their placeholder apartment for semi-annual shopping excursions. And hey, once labor for the shops can no longer live close enough to man them, I'm sure the micro-studio servants quarters will be finished. If not, he'll annex Peekskill.

Old 09-23-2012, 11:44 AM

6,836 posts, read 15,412,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
gotta be kidding me. guiliani was racist. HE ILLEGALLY BOUGHT HIS WAY INTO A 3RD TERM!!!! under his administration there would be no food trucks. so if you want to get a quick bite to eat from people in front of your office, he'd ban that. he was also cracking down on vendors among 125th street. bloomberg makes a lot of back-door deals for his real estate developer buddies, which is how his "affordable housing" plan got started. he's is the main force behind pricing out the poor, and making them move to outer boro's, or out of state.
i dont get your post??? are bashing the both of them(guilliana , and bloomberg), or are you supporting 1 of them??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City