Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 07:13 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,043,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Ok I thought people were complaining because they thought it was inappropriate since there are so many people having hard time after the Hurricane. And I was like well shouldn't they be complaining about the other events in the city this weekend?
Apples to oranges.

Quote:
Also why are you on the NYC boards so much? Are you about to move there?
What does it matter to you?

Old 11-02-2012, 07:18 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,016,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Sprigged:. View Post
traffic is a nightmare, and the marathon will make it worse.

But I would think traffic would be a nightmare also for people getting to the games. I think all NYC events should have been cancelled this weekend

Even one of the basketball players from Miami tweeted how bad the traffic was and that there shouldn't be a game this weekend.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:24 AM

Quote:
But I would think traffic would be a nightmare also for people getting to the games. I think all NYC events should have been cancelled this weekend
Mass transit is open and running to the areas the games are in. What you think as you sit in Philly really doesn't matter much, does it?

Quote:
Even one of the basketball players from Miami tweeted how bad the traffic was and that there shouldn't be a game this weekend.
For what he gets paid to show up, he can sit in traffic for a few hours.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:24 AM

5,464 posts, read 5,710,417 times
Quote:

During the marathon they block off the streets for people to run, they don't do it for basketball events.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
Mass transit is open and running to the areas the games are in. What you think as you sit in Philly really doesn't matter much, does it?

For what he gets paid to show up, he can sit in traffic for a few hours.

And what you think sitting in Florida doesn't matter either, am I right? And everyone going to the games this weekend won't be traveling on mass transit.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
During the marathon they block off the streets for people to run, they don't do it for basketball events.

I understand now, on TV they made it seem it was inappropriate to have any event in the city this weekend since so many people are still having a hard time. No one mentioned traffic or the streets being blocked off

Old 11-02-2012, 07:35 AM

241 posts, read 373,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
Thank you.

I'm getting tired of these spectator comments (don't mean you anne, you've had some great comments).

Old 11-02-2012, 07:39 AM

5,464 posts, read 5,710,417 times
Quote:
I understand now, on TV they made it seem it was inappropriate to have any event in the city this weekend since so many people are still having a hard time. No one mentioned traffic or the streets being blocked off
Yea, so the National Guard and Salvation Army would have to wait while we let this pass through:

Old 11-02-2012, 07:46 AM

Quote:
And what you think sitting in Florida doesn't matter either, am I right? And everyone going to the games this weekend won't be traveling on mass transit.
I might be in Florida but I've got resources ON THE GROUND in NYC and NJ feeding me info that I'm trying to get out to people on these boards. You are just asking ridiculous questions and making statements with no basis in fact and trying to stir up trouble.

Old 11-02-2012, 07:46 AM

Another question is why was the Brooklyn game was cancelled last night but the game in Brooklyn Saturday is not
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City