Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 08:53 PM

2,896 posts, read 9,809,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Yeah, yeah, whateva.

Your post and others on here justifying invasive info to RENT an apartment in this city is a true example that if you say something enough times you start to believe it.

Some things really are none of the Landlord's business and I will continue to believe that no matter what. If I'm going for SUBSIDIZED HOUSING, then I can understand asking for this, but not just because the landlord wants to be nosy and try to call it a part of "doing business". Suuuurrrreeee it is.

Soon NYC landlords will be asking that the tenant's guarantor have a GUARANTOR just in case both the tenant and current guarantor can't pay continue to pay the lease obligations. Please don't say it's not possible or it won't ever happen, because it can.
The truth can only be repeated. I attempt to reason with you, but you refuse.

The difference is that you choose to BELIEVE things. I choose to KNOW things.

You choose to BELIEVE as if KNOWING is not possible?

Why?

Several have attempted to explaiin the why, yet you refuse the knoledge and information.

Why?

You imply that LL's are "nosy", correct?

A LL with HUNDREDS or THOUSANDS of units, what precisely is the LL being nosy about?

Do you truly think the LL employes perhaps as many as 5 people in his office just to do background checks, plus pays the cost of fees. Lotta money just to be NOSY!!

Presuming to know, doesn't make it true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 11:39 PM

2 posts, read 2,753 times
I have to get an apartment for my sister in my name because she has such bad credit, but I don't want to live with her. Is it possible for me to have two apartment leases in my name at the same time?

Old 12-03-2012, 06:31 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
You an have 10 of them in your name, as long as none is subsidized or rent-contolled (or stabilized.)

Old 12-03-2012, 07:24 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,904,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazHVACtech View Post
I have to get an apartment for my sister in my name because she has such bad credit, but I don't want to live with her. Is it possible for me to have two apartment leases in my name at the same time?
KK is right but what you also have to consider is if you can afford to have your name on more than one.
If they default on their rent payments, it's you who's on the hook, not them.
Keep that in mind.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:28 AM

1,583 posts, read 3,676,289 times
My credit is near perfect and my salary met the requirements for this apartment, but I was afraid if being judged based on my bank statement. So I temporarily moved all of my savings into my checking account so they'd see a high balance. That's about as much as I would "lie".

Old 12-03-2012, 07:29 AM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazHVACtech View Post
Why would you sign(become legally responsible) a lease for someone,even a relative,who has a history of financial irresponsibility ? Asking for trouble.

Old 12-03-2012, 07:48 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,023,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
My credit is near perfect and my salary met the requirements for this apartment, but I was afraid if being judged based on my bank statement. So I temporarily moved all of my savings into my checking account so they'd see a high balance. That's about as much as I would "lie".
It doesn't matter. To hear some on here tell it, you are of extremely low moral character and are the type of "fiend" NYC LLs try to avoid.

Imagine that? A NYC (primarily Manhattan) landlord trying to avoid people of "low moral character".

The jokes write themselves.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:20 AM

1,583 posts, read 3,676,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
It doesn't matter. To hear some on here tell it, you are of extremely low moral character and are the type of "fiend" NYC LLs try to avoid.

Imagine that? A NYC (primarily Manhattan) landlord trying to avoid people of "low moral character".

The jokes write themselves.
What I did was a little shifty, but I don't see a problem with the landlord asking for those materials. I mean, I don't lend large amounts of money to people who I know can't/won't pay me back.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:00 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Quote:
What I did was a little shifty, but I don't see a problem with the landlord asking for those materials. I mean, I don't lend large amounts of money to people who I know can't/won't pay me back.
What you did was not shifty at all. It's your money! You just moved it from one place to another. It's not like you moved your friend's money temporarily into your account to show a high balance. Now that would be shifty.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:09 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,904,476 times
Quote:
I did nothing wrong, actually.

What some people here are saying ('I would fake my tax return 'if forced to') is wrong.

Not only wrong, but possibly ilegal too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City