Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2013, 11:54 AM

1,119 posts, read 2,660,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Ben Carson is a great American. People like him should go into politics. Instead we get mofos like Weiner.
I totally agree. But I don't think Ben Carson is popular even among Black folks. He is not as cool as Jay-z.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:03 PM

25,556 posts, read 24,077,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAS View Post
They take whatever manual labor job they can get if they are in a position where they have no education and no skills when they become adults. Not because they were born disadvantaged.

If you have to work in McDonalds at least be in the position where you can work your way up to manager and that is easier if you have an associates in Management. If you have to take a training program to be a home health aide and get certified, you might as well take a whole year and become an LPN. If you have to work at Macy's be a manager, or a buyer, or a decorator, all require higher education.

Also personality, manners and decorum help tremendously along the way and after gaining education and skill. Many people today are underrating those essentials. Only the truly rich can afford to behave like an anus.
Most people in fast food do not make manager. And besides, if there were all managers, who would do the work of flipping the burgers and cleaning the floor? That work has to be done for there to be a business called McDonalds. The few people who rise to the top are the creme of the crop, and that is never most people.

Most Home Health Aides for whatever reason or reasons don't become LPNs. I've known plenty of them. Most people who work in Macy's do not become managers, buyers, or decorators. Most stay at the bottom. Again, the very few who do rise are the creme of the crop, but that's not most people.

You have far more jobs at the bottom than you do at the top, and realistically, that is where most disadvantaged people if they work will remain. Most people are working class and will remain working class. Management and upper middle class are a very small percentage of the population. You really should examine yourself and why you have such hatred and utter contempt for the people who do the menial jobs that are necessary to make this country and world work.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Ben Carson is a great American. People like him should go into politics. Instead we get mofos like Weiner.
Being a great doctor does not make one a great politician. You can't be all things to all people.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill83 View Post
I totally agree. But I don't think Ben Carson is popular even among Black folks. He is not as cool as Jay-z.
I've never even heard of him. But perhaps Carson is right where he is meant to be. Being a doctor doesn't make you a good politician or even interested in politics.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:47 PM

95 posts, read 95,052 times
With new tougher standard in place, Blacks and Latinos will likely to have even lower graduation rate in the coming few years. Let's hope it is darkness before dawn. Although Asians got lower scores in 2013, I believe they will quickly adjust and stay on the top of the game. Did anyone count the number of prep schools in Flushing? The business is booming.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:16 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,056,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good at Math View Post
With new tougher standard in place, Blacks and Latinos will likely to have even lower graduation rate in the coming few years. Let's hope it is darkness before dawn. Although Asians got lower scores in 2013, I believe they will quickly adjust and stay on the top of the game. Did anyone count the number of prep schools in Flushing? The business is booming.
Look for lawsuits from the NAACP if the results persists blasting the racist tests. Then they'll be lots of pressure to rezone schools in NYC. They should instead study what PS 42 in Chinatown is doing right. Their students were able to turn from above average in 3rd grade to being the second highest performing zone school and seventh best performing including gifted and talented elementary schools in all of New York State in the new common core tests. You're talking about a neighborhood with lots of poor immigrants here, so economically they're not very different than other poor neighborhoods.

Results sorted by combined 5th grade common core tests (Top 4 all gifted and talented schools):

Last edited by bumblebyz; 08-21-2013 at 09:26 PM..

Old 08-21-2013, 09:26 PM

402 posts, read 813,954 times
LOL!! What is Chinatown school doing right, THEY HAVE CHINESE KIDS INSTEAD OF BLACK KIDS ... plain and simple bucko, im sorry but this is the truth. Its simple and plain, you can come up with every liberal excuse in the book, but everyone knows the truth.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mps0909 View Post
LOL!! What is Chinatown school doing right, THEY HAVE CHINESE KIDS INSTEAD OF BLACK KIDS ... plain and simple bucko, im sorry but this is the truth. Its simple and plain, you can come up with every liberal excuse in the book, but everyone knows the truth.
Chinatown, one town with Chinese kids. And all Asians are professional, degreed people? Not even close . How convenient you forgot organized Asian crime. Who do you think works in those cheap "massage" parlors? A lot of Asian women, giving $40 dollar "massages" with happy endings. Not to mention sweat shop Chinese people, or the Chinese people making the minimum wage working in small businesses, etc.

But again, people like you want to pretend that poor people and blue collar people are invisible when they make up the majority of people everywhere. Go to China and who do you think is working in the manufacturing jobs, getting paid a few dollars a day and living in horrible dormitory conditions? Chinese people. Its been so bad in recent years some of them have rioted and committed suicide!

Old 08-21-2013, 09:48 PM

402 posts, read 813,954 times
WTF does what you just said have to do with what I said, I was referencing how chinese people are much much much smarter than Black people in general terms, something thats obvious to anyone with two eyes and ears.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mps0909 View Post
WTF does what you just said have to do with what I said, I was referencing how chinese people are much much much smarter than Black people in general terms, something thats obvious to anyone with two eyes and ears.
So why are they working in China for jobs that pay a few dollars a day, in conditions so awful they commit suicide? Why are they working in a super polluted industrial environment that has air so polluted that people can barely see? Why are they working in environments so horrible polluted that people getting lung damage is a problem? If the Chinese people are so smart you need to go into the real conditions most Chinese people actually live under in China. You also need to go over the conditions a huge percentage of Chinese immigrants in the US face, such as working in low wage jobs, forced prostitution of Chinese women in massage parlors, and other terrible labor abuses of Chinese working in sweat shops, Chinese food places, etc.

How can all this be occuring is the Chinese are so supersmart? The bulk of them, just like the bulk of everyone else, are rather poor!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City