Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2012, 05:50 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,312,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarValBoi View Post
didn't read the thread but Dominicans are black, but many of them won't admit or are ignorant of it

to the thread starter, you'll be fine
The 1-drop rule is an American concept.

Mixed Race America - Who Is Black? One Nation's Definition | Jefferson's Blood | FRONTLINE | PBS

Quote:
The one-drop rule has long been taken for granted throughout the United States by whites and blacks alike, and the federal courts have taken "judicial notice" of it as being a matter of common knowledge. State courts have generally upheld the one-drop rule, but some have limited the definition to one thirty-second or one-sixteenth or one-eighth black ancestry, or made other limited exceptions for persons with both Indian and black ancestry. Most Americans seem unaware that this definition of blacks is extremely unusual in other countries, perhaps even unique to the United States, and that Americans define no other minority group in a similar way. . . .

Old 12-13-2012, 05:56 PM

448 posts, read 685,443 times
I like all men.

And all men love me

Old 12-13-2012, 06:24 PM

916 posts, read 2,247,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungLove21 View Post
I like all men.

And all men love me
I like all women. And all women love my money.

Oh wait..... I don't have any money.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:52 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,052,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
SuperMario, did you have yourself DNA tested?
Yeah i did.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 PM

1,682 posts, read 3,169,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbatiste View Post
TV?...that is your evidence? Are you serious?

Do you believe everything you see on TV? I know for a fact what your saying is not true. I know lots of people who also know what your saying is a lie. It is you who is prejudice. Describing yourself as a "white" hispanic. Separating yourself from the "darker" hispanics. And of course you justify this by socalizing with like minded people.
If my own personal sexual preferences make me prejudice then deal with it. Everyone has a preference, and most Latinos prefer the White/Mestiza look. If it weren't the case, these women would not be displayed as our most desirable standard of beauty. Are there exceptions, of course. Among my own experiences though, most of my peers who consider themselves Hispanic/Latino agree with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
What's the disadvantage ?
They are not White/Mestiza.

Last edited by nykiddo718718; 12-13-2012 at 08:29 PM..

Old 12-13-2012, 08:42 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,407,485 times
Ya gotta right to be like everybody else.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:13 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,689,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nykiddo718718 View Post
If my own personal sexual preferences make me prejudice then deal with it. Everyone has a preference, and most Latinos prefer the White/Mestiza look. If it weren't the case, these women would not be displayed as our most desirable standard of beauty. Are there exceptions, of course. Among my own experiences though, most of my peers who consider themselves Hispanic/Latino agree with me.

They are not White/Mestiza.

oh i thought you were going to give a real reason

Old 12-13-2012, 10:12 PM

1,456 posts, read 4,330,882 times
Some of you users here are waaaaaay too race obsessed. One of you actually got one of those DNA tests!? Aren't those things like over $500!?

Anyways, why can't people agree that Dominicans can come in many shades just like Americans, Cubans and Brazilians? You guys can CHERRY PICK and dig up however many pictures of Dominicans that fit your personal ideal as you want but i'm sure the reality is that there are:
+ MANY MANY Dominicans that look White
+ MANY MANY Dominicans that look Black
+ MANY MANY Dominicans that look Mulatto
+ MANY MANY Dominicans that look Native.
+ MANY MANY Dominicans that look like a combo of any of the above

^^ .... because I have personally seen Dominicans that fit ALL of the above phenotypes.... but to be honest, the majority of them have leaned towards the mulatto/black phenotype (obviously not as black as the "stereotypical" haitian/african but like J.Cole or J.Holiday for example).

Last edited by LongIslandPerson; 12-13-2012 at 10:47 PM..

Old 12-14-2012, 12:53 AM

71 posts, read 152,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
You're black.
And you are the typical Haitian hating Dominican that eats up anything your government tells you. You probably bleach your skin and hate natural hair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post

Cool, I'm posting in the NYC subsection under US Forums.

In America, you're black. Dominicans are part of the African diaspora, they just have a history of stigma against black people. And its always specifically Dominicans, not any other people of African descent in Latin America. I still stand by my original statement.

Old 12-14-2012, 01:49 AM

314 posts, read 547,441 times
I've always wondered if the Domicans in the DR are more likely to look like the ones I see playing in the MLB, or the ones I see in Washington Heights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City