Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 02:00 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanxoxo View Post
I was naked
Hee! Hee!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 02:07 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Why don't you just let the guy come in your apartment to fix whatever it is that needs fixing?

He doesn't WANT you. He has stuff that needs to be done and you're holding it up unnecessarily. So what if he stinks? Just get some spray neutralizer and keep the windows open until he leaves. You're just using his body ordor as an excuse not to let him in. It's so obvious.

If you saw them messing with your doormat, why didn't you just open the door and ask the WTF they were doing, instead of cowering in your apartment like a wuss?

See? ^^THIS is why they're treating you this way and have no respect for you.

Not for nothing but you seem like you like to disagree with people who start threads just to disagree with them. I don't think she's in the wrong here, the guy is acting like a creep. Playing with her carpet, HER property and pulling it in and out her apartment? That's freaking creepy. They're not best friend, family or anything like that, he's being a lousy creep.

Sure, MAYBE he doesn't want her but either way his actions are unacceptable and are very creepy. When I was a kid, I remember one of the supers used to hit on my mother and 2 other ladies in the building and he actually ended up sexually harassing one of the tenants by touching her butt when he went to do some plumbing. Needless to say he was removed of his super attendant duties and prior to that my mother made a complaint about him and the land lord sent someone else to fix our apartment when we needed it instead of the super.

Regardless of the situation SHE pays rent and he's the super, not the landlord. So whether or not the super isn't attracted to her, if she doesn't feel right she doesn't have to have him in.

You're totally being objective to the situation and just seeing it from one point of view.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:16 PM

3,062 posts, read 7,035,544 times
You need to set up a videocam to video your door either when you are gone or at all times. If this is happening repeatedly it might be a way for the super to check if you're home so he can enter illegally to search your panty drawer, or worse!

If you catch the guy entering your place on video that would be your best weapon against them.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
Not for nothing but you seem like you like to disagree with people who start threads just to disagree with them. I don't think she's in the wrong here, the guy is acting like a creep. Playing with her carpet, HER property and pulling it in and out her apartment? That's freaking creepy. They're not best friend, family or anything like that, he's being a lousy creep.
I'm going by her account of what SHE wrote. She's making it seem like she doesn't talk to them or acknowledge their presence. Okay, fine. She doesn't want them alone in her apartment when she's not there. I don't blame her. I wouldn't either, but the fact still remains that they NEED to get in her apartment to fix a more pressing problem with the apartment downstairs. She keeps making excuses on why they can't go in there.

She's calling the management company to tell them "what" exactly? That they're messing with her carpet to make her dog bark? Oh, okay. They're going to say they'll take care of it and ask her AGAIN when can they come in to FIX the problem with the apartment downstairs.

She's going to have to let them in EVENTUALLY, so she might as well get it over with.

Quote:
Regardless of the situation SHE pays rent and he's the super, not the landlord. So whether or not the super isn't attracted to her, if she doesn't feel right she doesn't have to have him in.
Okay, but from the sound of the OP's posts it sounds like she doesn't want ANYONE in there at all and they need access to her apartment to fix a pressing issue in another apartment.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:33 PM

235 posts, read 374,057 times
Also seems to me like she showed some kind of attitude towards this Assistant. Maybe the first time they met she gave him a bad not friendly look and he now has a chip on his shoulder with her. Sometimes you just need to be nice towards others if you want people to be nice to you. Even if you don't like them. Specially if you have to deal with them in your life.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:35 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
u r being harassed.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:13 PM

900 posts, read 2,372,931 times
Op this is about the same way the super demon (my building's super) started. Sounds like the same mentality.

This type of person will find the slightest thing to begin a "war" with you. In the beginning I was nice to this man, then he began showing up at my door anytime he felt. Next it was checking for some leak beneath my apartment (I'm on TV first floor). I also became more aware of him always being near my apartment coming and going and sometimes when I was inside I often either heard him or would hear him trying to run away if I opened the door or went near my door .

Later I realized he was entering my apartment through a window when I wasn't there.

Your only options as mentioned before is videotape him to catch him in the act and hope you have an proactive management company. Take him and your management company to court, or lastly move.

Unfortunately these sort of sick immature people continue to be this way, it's fun to them and they love to see your distressed reaction they get what they feel they don't get otherwise; control.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:18 PM

900 posts, read 2,372,931 times
Oh, you can also keep a lists of things he's doing to use in court and/or to the police for harassment.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvnyc View Post
Op this is about the same way the super demon (my building's super) started. Sounds like the same mentality.

This type of person will find the slightest thing to begin a "war" with you. In the beginning I was nice to this man, then he began showing up at my door anytime he felt. Next it was checking for some leak beneath my apartment (I'm on TV first floor). I also became more aware of him always being near my apartment coming and going and sometimes when I was inside I often either heard him or would hear him trying to run away if I opened the door or went near my door .

Later I realized he was entering my apartment through a window when I wasn't there.
Did you ever tell the landlord this? Is he still there bothering you?

Old 01-29-2013, 04:04 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,931,471 times
Document everything in a letter to the landlord.

Certified mail, return receipt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City