Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 01:37 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times

Advertisements

The name of the lady who got arrested made her image even worse, her name is Sheniqua. Parents shouls really think hard about naming their kids before names kiki or tyquan can ruin a childs future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2013, 02:31 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
If people dont riot, you will be still seated at the back of the bus. Riots have changed this country cor better and sometimes for eorse.
That little riot changed nothing and certainly was not for justice. It was just a bunch of hoodlums.

Old 04-21-2013, 03:22 AM

1,092 posts, read 3,437,105 times
Quote:
If people dont riot, you will be still seated at the back of the bus. Riots have changed this country cor better and sometimes for eorse.
Actually the example of civil disobedience that is almost universally respected is the example of Rosa Parks. A mob endangering AA police, over a racist thief, is not even remotely a comparable situation.

Last edited by Litlove71; 04-21-2013 at 03:34 AM..

Old 04-21-2013, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
That little riot changed nothing and certainly was not for justice. It was just a bunch of hoodlums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlove71 View Post
Actually the example of civil disobedience that is almost universally respected is the example of Rosa Parks. A mob endangering AA police, over a racist thief, is not even remotely a comparable situation.
Im not refering a riot to this event where a group of angry black youths defending a black criminal against police. I just said riots changes things, but generally they are not good. Sometimes things are gained in acts of civil disobedience and sometimes does not. Stop trying to twist things NyWriterdude. Hell that little scuffle is not even a riot. When you have a borough like Brooklyn which still has a high rate of poverty and crime expect people to vent out against authorities. What changes nothing is that massive OWS movement which failed miserably in Zucotti park to free people from government tyranny and virtual bondage from banks. Have fun trying to pay off 80k tuition from NYU.

Old 04-21-2013, 07:48 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
This video is a perfect example as to why I support Gentrification. Gentrification would price this ghetto mofos out of the city and we would no longer have to deal with ignorant ghetto behavior such as you see in the video. Gentrification is a good thing for NYC.
The ironic thing is that I doubt you or myself could afford to buy an apartment in the immediate area surrounding the train station (Eastern Parkway-Brooklyn Museum).

NYPD has their hands full in Brooklyn lately, with the riots after the Kimani Gray shooting and now this incident.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-21-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
The ironic thing is that I doubt you or myself could afford to buy an apartment in the immediate area surrounding the train station (Eastern Parkway-Brooklyn Museum).

NYPD has their hands full in Brooklyn lately, with the riots after the Kimani Gray shooting and now this incident.
Lets not forget that the NYPD has to protect the out of towners who are generally victimized and preyed on by locals.

I also wanted to rep you 7 but the system said I have to spread it around.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:02 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I don't recall exactly which stations,
Franklin Avenue and Botanic Garden. 2 big high schools over there, Prospect Heights and Clara Barton.

Henna, you don't work normal hours, or do you work at home? I live across the street from a school and the only time I hear kids is when I take a day off during the week.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-21-2013, 08:28 AM

10,222 posts, read 19,216,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Litlove71 View Post
Many years ago, I was out on a date, and he was pulled over for speeding. He refused to sign the ticket. It escalated into being surrounded by multiple cops with weapons drawn because he wanted to act above the law. He ended up with additional charges.
So for refusing to sign a ticket, he ended up with multiple cops with guns drawn? And you're defending the COPS? I once told a cop off for giving me a BS speeding ticket. No pushing, no aggressive action, just words. He called his buddies and I ended up pepper sprayed and bloody on the ground, then in jail for attacking HIM. The difference is, I don't think that just because he was stronger, he was RIGHT. Nor that because the outcome was predictable that I was wrong. If you want to lick the boots of your masters after they whip you or your friends, go right ahead. Personally, I prefer to risk the lash rather than taste the boots.

Old 04-21-2013, 08:58 AM

1,008 posts, read 3,624,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nybbler View Post
So for refusing to sign a ticket, he ended up with multiple cops with guns drawn? And you're defending the COPS? I once told a cop off for giving me a BS speeding ticket. No pushing, no aggressive action, just words. He called his buddies and I ended up pepper sprayed and bloody on the ground, then in jail for attacking HIM. The difference is, I don't think that just because he was stronger, he was RIGHT. Nor that because the outcome was predictable that I was wrong. If you want to lick the boots of your masters after they whip you or your friends, go right ahead. Personally, I prefer to risk the lash rather than taste the boots.
So in your world you want a world without Cops? Who is going to keep people in order and following the laws?

I know there are many cops that are d*cks. But the majority are dealing with all this Ghetto nonsense and that creates a lot of stress to any White or Black Cop. Maybe in the future we will have Robots as cops instead so no Human has to deal with crime and rudeness anymore.

Old 04-21-2013, 09:17 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,252,341 times
Quote:
The name of the lady who got arrested made her image even worse, her name is Sheniqua. Parents shouls really think hard about naming their kids before names kiki or tyquan can ruin a childs future.
I would not name my kids by these typical NYC names:

Molly
Holly
Amy
Emily
Heather
Carly
Kaitlyn
Allison
Mathilda
Gertrude

Jake
Connor
Dustin
Lucas
Garrett
Brett
Jacob
Tanner
Wyatt
Logan
Dylan
Hans

nor:

Shanice
Precious
Imani
Ebony
Asia
Lutricia
Deja
Tierra
Abi
Tanisha
Latrice
Denelle
Lashawn
Abeke
Abayomi
Abbo
Afiya

nor:

DeShawn
DeAndre
Terrell
Darnell
Jalen
Jamal
Darius
Abasi
Terrance
Marquis
Malik
Trevon
Tyrone
Demetrius
Reginald
Lamarr
DaJon

nor:

Abe
Achinoam
Adam
Adir
Aharon
Almog
Anshel
Ari
Barak
Bluma
Dafna
Yahweh
Elishewa
Feibush
Fruma
Gilah
Gittel
Golda
Silber
Haskel
Henda
Immanuel
Isaiah
Issur
Koppel
Malachi
Mattithyahu
Mordecal
Nurit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City