Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 02:09 PM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
seventh, why the 225th street station on the #1?
Because Marble Hill is part of the borough of Manhattan.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Meh, there's a fair number of non transplants who don't know about Marble Hill or that Roosevelt Island is part of Manhattan borough. They went for Manhattan Island and they got it. Still pretty fun. Better than maybe someone just watching TV or playing some Xbox all day.
If you're gonna do something, do it right.....i'm just saying.

Old 07-14-2013, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
I for one am so grateful that these young heroes took it upon themselves to embark on this perilous journey. Myself, and the city of new york will forever be in their debt.

Good night and god bless, young soldiers...
Bwahahaha

Old 07-14-2013, 04:16 PM

45 posts, read 74,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
I am slowly assembling pictures of the maps in various stations that actually show the station layouts. They come in handy to determine which end of the train to be on for which exits or where trains cross for transfers.
Just added Eastern Parkway-Brooklyn Museum on Friday.

But the operative word is S L O W L Y because I often get to a new map but do not have my camera.

You would think the MTA would post them but if they do, I have never found the site.

Not sure if you have a smartphone, but if you do there are several apps which include this information. Otherwise you may be able to search for the app maps online?

The screen capture below is from NYCMate, which shows the footprint of a station, complete with staircases overlaid on a street and transit line map. As long as you've downloaded these maps via the internet at some point before going underground you can access them there, so quite handy.

Edited to add - the resolution isn't great because I had to shrink the image to attach, but the stairs are actually there -they're the little cross-hatch looking things next to the stations!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Subway Map 3.png
Views:	1008
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	114634

Last edited by 3days3ways; 07-14-2013 at 04:19 PM.. Reason: Comment re: stairs

Old 07-14-2013, 05:06 PM

37,155 posts, read 39,418,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
meh , We Subway buffs have been doing this for decades....now hipsters want in....ick We have all the stations photographed and video , including the abandoned lines. Same applies to Trolleys , and Regional Rail and Intercity travel. Everything is documented from the signage to the tiles to the trains and the latest is the countdown clocks....the community has also collected the subway announcements....

Even little changes like an announcement redo are documented....

Updated 5 train Flatbush Ave announcements 2013 [Old vs New announcement] - YouTube

Rare Announcements...

Rare R160 - R143 (NTT) NYC Subway Announcements vol 2 - BMT / IND announcements - YouTube
Hopefully they're subway buffs or on their way to subwy buffdom. Let's get some more support for that triboro rx!

Old 07-14-2013, 09:13 PM

2,498 posts, read 3,775,302 times
On the bright side they are leaving the city on the downside more and more people keep coming and doing attention seeking things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: