Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 02:56 PM

506 posts, read 1,011,686 times

Advertisements

[mod]Orphaned comment]/mod] People who embody the same black stereotypes as Trayvon Martin yelling and causing a ruckus and getting arrested will sure make people's perceptions change!

It takes a really childish mentality to be upset over this at this point. The phrase "innocent until proven guilty" got completely thrown out the window on this trial. Moderator cut: Topic for another forum. Please confine remarks to NYC protests, only. Now that justice has been served, they don't like the outcome so they want to throw a fit until they get their way. Where is the outrage over the shootings in Chicago? Over all the black-on-black violence?

Last edited by bmwguydc; 07-15-2013 at 08:21 PM.. Reason: Edited quoted text

Old 07-15-2013, 02:58 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times
It is so much bigger than a "brown guy killing a black guy"..which is why so many people across the country are mobilizing. The average person, unfortunately, doesn't get it and never will...shame. Not sure why you would think it is a bunch of white kids protesting, and if it were just them, so what? Does it make it less important or invalidate their concerns?

I am glad you said brown guy though..cuz that is what he is.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:01 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Hi Sobro. Are you under the assumption that I am celebrating this kid's death or something? No man. I think it sucks that thousands of black youths get gunned down every year. I was simply linking the stream to a bunch of white kids protesting in our area because a brown guy killed a black guy in Florida.
Did it ever occurred to you that those people are protesting what they perceive to be a huge miscarriage of justice and not necessarily the race of those involved ?

Old 07-15-2013, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Did it ever occurred to you that those people are protesting what they perceive to be a huge miscarriage of justice and not necessarily the race of those involved ?
But the justice system worked exactly how it was supposed to. A man was arrested, tried, and judged to be innocent by a jury of his peers. Just because the outcome was not what you wanted, doesn't mean it didn't work. This is a child's way of thinking. People who are upset about the verdict believe in justice until it doesn't work in their favor, then they want to riot and protest and throw a tantrum until they get their way.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:07 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,134 times
Quote:
Stop blowing smoke in people's faces. They wouldnt be protesting if it was a white kid shot and killed.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:08 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
Quote:

The majority of those protesting were protesting because it's cool to protest. If OWS taught us anything, it taught us that. There are miscarriages of justice all of the time. This one just got hyped up cause the defendant has a white sounding name. The media loves running with a good story. And one news agency is actually getting sued by GZ for altering the 911 call.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:11 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,216,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
But the justice system worked exactly how it was supposed to. A man was arrested, tried, and judged to be innocent by a jury of his peers. Just because the outcome was not what you wanted, doesn't mean it didn't work. This is a child's way of thinking. People who are upset about the verdict believe in justice until it doesn't work in their favor, then they want to riot and protest and throw a tantrum until they get their way.
Pretty much this. I hate that the kid got killed and GZ is a weakling that can't fight. The whole thing sucks. But the law in FL is what it is. If ppl want to put pressure on challenging the law, that's one thing. But doing it anywhere other than FL is odd.

Old 07-15-2013, 03:15 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,906,794 times
Quote:
I'm not sure it worked as supposed to. The system is far from perfect. And I do believe justice isn't served on a regular basis, for both guilty and innocent parties.
What the OP is doing here; is assuming that all those protestors (WHITE LIBERAL kids...he likes to emphasize that) are voicing their discontent with the verdict only because of race. And while that might be true of some of the protestors I don't think it's the case for all of them.
That's simpleton thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Stop blowing smoke in people's faces. They wouldnt be protesting if it was a white kid shot and killed.
Quote:
So where were all the protests after OJ Simpson's trial?

Then maybe they should start !

In a free country people protest.

Last edited by likeminas; 07-15-2013 at 03:25 PM..

Old 07-15-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
So where were all the protests after OJ Simpson's trial?

Old 07-15-2013, 03:30 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,304,530 times
Quote:
I'm not sure it worked as supposed to. The system is far from perfect. And I do believe justice isn't served on a regular basis, for both guilty and innocent parties.
What the OP is doing here; is assuming that all those protestors (WHITE LIBERAL kids...he likes to emphasize that) are voicing their discontent with the verdict only because of race. And while that might
I wonder if all of these "White" liberal kids clutch their wallets or purses when they see a Black face approaching them on the street because if they are I guess we could call them attention whores.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: