Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 09:16 AM

916 posts, read 2,246,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROAM NYC View Post
There are valid reasons for that animosity though. Research them.
It's a two way street, not everything is black and white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Somewhere around Captain (or when the captain is around, lol) cops begin to want better cooperation from the community. Most of the 30+ thousand officers below that rank couldn't care less how much the people care about their own community. Ask yourself why a cop should care about a neighborhood who's own residents don't care enough to cooperate with the police. It's naive to believe that for even a second.

Again: you're a cop. You live in a place where kids only get shot with super-dangerous water pistols. A kid gets shot at work. You walk up to the nearest person and ask, "did you see anything?" That person replies, "F-you pig." Cop shrugs shoulders, finishes report, goes home to play soccer with kids.

It's not rocket science. The cops are just as happy as the skells are over this recent turn of events. The only difference is the cops won't be the ones suffering because of them.
I agree with you and is understandable why the cops don't care as much giving the attitudes of the
way they are being treated by certain community and the distrust between the two groups. That's
why I said in the past NYC should only hire police officers living within the five boroughs only. It will
force the cops to care maybe just a little bit more if their familes and children are also live in these
communities and neighborhoods.

They can move out of the city to LI or whatever area they like only after 10 years of service. Right
now, there are probably a lot of cops who think NYC just a cesspool of a place they have to work in
and tolerate out of necessity because of their job. I want police officers who lived atleast 10 years in
the city before or have been living here continuously for the last 5 years as the added requirement
before they are being hired. It might not solve the problem fully, but I think it will help somewhat
that everyone will know cops or no cops, we are all in it together instead of live worlds apart after
the cops get off work and back to the suburb. And then you have people in the community whinning
about cops don't care about them and don't understand them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 09:24 AM

414 posts, read 537,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydata View Post
It's a two way street, not everything is black and white.

I agree with you and is understandable why the cops don't care as much giving the attitudes of the
way they are being treated by certain community and the distrust between the two groups. That's
why I said in the past NYC should only hire police officers living within the five boroughs only. It will
force the cops to care maybe just a little bit more if their familes and children are also live in these
communities and neighborhoods.

They can move out of the city to LI or whatever area they like only after 10 years of service. Right
now, there are probably a lot of cops who think NYC just a cesspool of a place they have to work in
and tolerate out of necessity because of their job. I want police officers who lived atleast 10 years in
the city before or have been living here continuously for the last 5 years as the added requirement
before they are being hired. It might not solve the problem fully, but I think it will help somewhat
that everyone will know cops or no cops, we are all in it together instead of live worlds apart after
the cops get off work and back to the suburb. And then you have people in the community whinning
about cops don't care about them and don't understand them.
they dont have to wait any yrs, they can live in LI or Westchester or Rockland from the start
also people sayin this cant happen in their area are delusional, when u got hoods like this within your metro area, anyth can happen, not like thugs only stay in the hood and never go out, example-millburn home invasion

Old 09-02-2013, 09:34 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
The police department has always put out flyers. Enough flyers to down forests by the continent-full. There's obviously a reason why other policing techniques are used in conjunction with reams of paper with mugshots splashed on them. Just consider how a particular mugshot ends up on a particular flyer (hint: not another flyer).
You can't put paper fliers up all over the city, plus paper costs quite a bit of money. So the police rely on media coverage. Television, newspapers, and the internet can get word out much faster and broader than fliers posted. Not that posting fliers is bad, but you don't rely on them alone. There's a reason why here about crimes in the media and its partially because the police department contacts the media when they want certain crimes to be in the news, especially if it deals with a missing criminal or missing person.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:36 AM

37,135 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronkc View Post
they dont have to wait any yrs, they can live in LI or Westchester or Rockland from the start
also people sayin this cant happen in their area are delusional, when u got hoods like this within your metro area, anyth can happen, not like thugs only stay in the hood and never go out, example-millburn home invasion
Not that it can't happen, but that it is much less likely to happen.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:48 AM

19,041 posts, read 13,955,559 times
Oh it can happen here, it just doesn't. i've seriously never seen a crime happen in my entire life lived in this area. Now work-time is a different story...

Old 09-02-2013, 09:59 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,969,355 times
Quote:
Oh it can happen here, it just doesn't. i've seriously never seen a crime happen in my entire life lived in this area. Now work-time is a different story...
What magical place is this that you live in that is so crime free? Drug use is in all levels of society, from the poor to the wealth and last I checked, it was criminal. People get in trouble for things like tax evasion from all walks of life, and last I checked, that was criminal too.

Now your are may be low in VIOLENT crime, and that's great. But to claim you live in a crime free place is just ridiculous.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:24 AM

588 posts, read 947,428 times
Expect more of this in the coming months, years.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:20 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,081,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
The bullet was for the dad. The dad ran and left the baby there. The lil baby had no chance. (alive or dead)
Like i said..NO CHANCE.

Father of 1-year-old child killed in Brooklyn not helping police track down his son

Old 09-02-2013, 11:25 AM

5,000 posts, read 8,214,988 times
Quote:

Wow

Old 09-02-2013, 11:39 AM

916 posts, read 2,246,475 times
Quote:
If he helps the police track down his son's killer, the hard earn street cred( arrested 23 times) he got all
these years will be gone. Besides, he could've knock up half a dozen more by the time the police track
down the killer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City