Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 08:53 PM

518 posts, read 825,984 times

Advertisements

If a very ugly white woman it might be OK.

Charleston style - Jimmy Soul - If You Wanna Be Happy - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2013, 07:34 AM

3,244 posts, read 5,242,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
There's no way Obama would be president if his wife were white.
Unless he had positioned himself as white, all along!
i.e., raised by white grandparents, went to white prep schools & universities, worked for white-shoe law firm, married a "white" woman who may have been only one shade darker than him, perhaps even registered as a Republican!

Old 09-08-2013, 07:40 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
he would be playing basketball. he is 6'5 as a white guy so i reckon he would have been 7'3 as a black guy.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:30 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn_Leaves12345 View Post
If Bill de Blasio was black and married to a white woman, would he still be leading in the mayoral polls? I am asking because it seems like his campaign really took off after people discovered that his wife is black and his children are biracial.

I wonder if New Yorkers would be equally accepting of a black man with the same credentials as de Blasio, who happened to be married to a white woman?
New Yorkers didn't just "discover" this. YOU did.

Bill has been on the scene with his wife and kids since Clinton was president. NEW YORKERS knew about his wife and kids and didn't care.

He's leading in the polls, because his beliefs are in line with many who live in the OTHER NEW YORK (people outside of Manhattan and who aren't on Bloomberg's radar). He knows how the other half lives and he's NOT OUT OF TOUCH like old man Bloomberg is. I swear that man is probably at dementia stage, but no one in his inner circle wants to say anything.

Quinn isn't going to win, because she'll maintain the status quo of her boss.

Thompson is Bloomberg in blackface and flip flops constantly.

Weiner..I like him, but he shot himself in the foot with his online antics. He would have been neck and neck probably.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
I'm not so sure. I heard he's beating Bill Thompson in black votes, which surprised me.
Bill Thompson supports Stop & Frisk.

Yeah, he's changing his tune NOW, but there are news articles where he said he wouldn't change it.

Also, many of his "ideas" mirrors Bloomberg's to a "T".

New Yorkers aren't stupid. We can see through him.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Bill Thompson supports Stop & Frisk.
Yeah, he's changing his tune NOW, but there are news articles where he said he wouldn't change it.
Also, many of his "ideas" mirrors Bloomberg's to a "T".
New Yorkers aren't stupid. We can see through him.
IMO, none of the candidates really want to halt S&F.
Why? Because, they do not want to preside over an NYC with a rising crime rate.
The wording of campaign ads is evidence of this.
"I'll end improper Stop & Frisks", is not the same as "I'll end Stop & Frisks".
We'll see soon enough, what the new mayor will do.
If violent crime in NYC ceased tomorrow, especially gun crimes, no one would want S&F.
Intense policing is not a choice. It's a policy decision from the top down. The top is the mayor, who chooses the Police Commissioner, who appoints the Chiefs, who run CompStat & harangue the precinct commanders to simultaneously reduce the number of felony crimes reported and increase the enforcement activity of the officers on the beat.
DeBlasio may claim to be against S&F now, but if he is elected and either of his children become the victim of a violent street crime, he may have a change in philosophy. In the meantime, woe betide the often who S&Fs the "fro".

Old 09-08-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
IMO, none of the candidates really want to halt S&F.
Why? Because, they do not want to preside over an NYC with a rising crime rate.
The wording of campaign ads is evidence of this.
"I'll end improper Stop & Frisks", is not the same as "I'll end Stop & Frisks".
90% of the blacks they stopped because of suspicious "bulges" for S&F were bogus. They rarely stopped whites who are probably the main ones walking around with assault weapons and bricks of drugs on them.

It's been a FAILURE.

The only people happy about it are scared whites. If you want to take away freedom and social liberties in this country, just show the boogeyman as brown or black person and whites will gladly allow a police state to continue to "protect" them from potential "terror".

Works. Every. Time.

Quote:
DeBlasio may claim to be against S&F now, but if he is elected and either of his children become the victim of a violent street crime, he may have a change in philosophy.
Bill will be against it, because he has an obviously looking ethnic son. I'm sure every time his son leaves the house both he and his wife worry if NYPD might harass him for some perceived "bulge" in his pocket.

If Stop & Frisk is applied across the board for EVERYONE equally, then most people won't have a problem with it. As it stands now, it's not.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
90% of the blacks they stopped because of suspicious "bulges" for S&F were bogus.
They are not being stopped for "bulges". That's PC for a frisk.
They are being stopped for hanging on corners, eyeballing the passing public and reacting when a police car rolls by.
Quote:
They rarely stopped whites who are probably the main ones walking around with assault weapons and bricks of drugs on them.

Quote:
It's been a FAILURE.
Hard to measure the deterrent effect. I'll take the 90% drop in crime in NYC, though.
Quote:
The only people happy about it are scared whites.
Unscared whites and scared blacks, latinos & Asians are also happy about it.
Quote:
If you want to take away freedom and social liberties in this country, just show the boogeyman as brown or black person and whites will gladly allow a police state to continue to "protect" them from potential "terror". Works. Every. Time.
What's the "shooter" rate in NYC murders & woundings? 97% black & brown males. Boogeyman found!
Quote:
Bill will be against it, because he has an obviously looking ethnic son. I'm sure every time his son leaves the house both he and his wife worry if NYPD might harass him for some perceived "bulge" in his pocket.
I'm sure that their bigger worry is, that some hoodrat will attack him for the bulging wallet in his pocket or the iphone in his hand. That's certainly the worry, for their daughter. YMMV.
Quote:
If Stop & Frisk is applied across the board for EVERYONE equally, then most people won't have a problem with it. As it stands now, it's not.
"Equally", is matching S&Fs to the percentages of street crime perps. At this point, fewer black males are stopped, than their percentage, more whites! A random selection process, where an elderly Asian female has just as much chance of being stopped as a young black male, is ludicrous. I know that the truth hurts, but it's still the truth.
1% of YBMs in NYC will commit a murder! 1 in 100! The rate for YWMs is about 1 in 1850.
There is a 28.5% chance that a YBM will serve prison time. Not arrest, not probation, not jail. Prison! The projection for YWMs is 4.4%. That's a 650% discrepancy.
There are >3 million felony & misdemeanor (not traffic, non-support, failure to appear or absconding) arrests of blacks annually. 75% male, mostly in the YBM demographic that comprises less than 1/4, so under 9 million, of the black population. A 30% rate, although there are certainly repeat offenders.
The white arrest rate (which includes latinos) is 10 million, for a population exceeding 220 million. Excluding the white-latino eight, with its "higher-than-non-latino-white, lower-than-black" arrest totals & rates, and females, the YWM annual arrest rate breaks to down to about 5%, similar to the prison ratio, and again one-sixth of the YBM rate.

Last edited by bigjake54; 09-08-2013 at 09:39 AM..

Old 09-08-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
"Equally", is matching S&Fs to the percentages of street crime perps. At this point, fewer black males are stopped, than their percentage, more whites!
You really need to stop perpetuating this lie. No one believed it when Bloomberg said it. Not even the scared whites he tried to convince. lol

Quote:
A random selection process, where an elderly Asian female has just as much chance of being stopped as a young black male, is ludicrous. I know that the truth hurts, but it's still the truth.
Women in general don't get stopped & frisked, because there aren't enough female cops to carry out the process. The "bulge" the cops see on a woman can be a variety of things (i.e., breasts, pregnancy, fat bulges, money stuffed somewhere, etc.) and she could say the cop was being sexually abusive in his search.

Quote:
1% of YBMs in NYC will commit a murder! 1 in 100! The rate for YWMs is about 1 in 1850.

Yes, yes, of course they will.

And whites, hispanics and other races in NYC commit NO CRIMES or murders whatsoever? Is this what you're trying to say??

Quote:
The white arrest rate (which includes latinos) is 10 million, for a population exceeding 220 million.
Latinos are NOT classified as WHITE in this country. There is a REASON for racial breakdowns.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:18 AM

Quote:
You really need to stop perpetuating this lie.
You could read the S&F reports on the NYPD website yourself. But, you won't.
Quote:
Women in general don't get stopped & frisked, because there aren't enough female cops to carry out the process.
Recent academy classes graduate more than 15% females. That's more than enough, if women had been the problem. Of course, the ladies are more likely to be reporting the crime & describing the perps as YBMs!
Quote:
Yes, yes, of course they will. And whites, hispanics and other races in NYC commit NO CRIMES or murders whatsoever? Is this what you're trying to say??
No. But that's what you want to hear.
Who murdered NYC's 5,000 black victims, over the past dozen years? The 20,000, over the past 2 decades? Mostly YBMs. Factor that into the demographic. It's not hard. It's not even math, just arithmetic. Open a new screen, for a calculator.
Who murdered NYC's 400 white victims, over the past decade? And, there are >3 million whites, compared with <2 million blacks.
Quote:
Latinos are NOT classified as WHITE in this country. There is a REASON for racial breakdowns.
You really need to read the FBI & DOJ reports ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City