Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 10:11 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times

Advertisements

What a sad ending...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2014, 12:54 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakejones View Post
yeah, he slipped in the water, a boat dismembered him without noticing, and his body floated against the current upstream and around queens.

It's like you're sherlock holmes. Congratulations you cracked the case
:d

Old 01-17-2014, 01:05 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citymerlot View Post
Such a shame. I hope schools have made a serious effort and addressed the issue of children slipping out of during the day. One would think all doors would be locked if a School Safety Agent isn't available.
They cannot do that in case of a fire.

As for the cause of death/dismemberment, forensic science can tell us once the body parts are examined as to pervert vs. boat propeller, etc. I for one hope it is the latter.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:30 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Yeah, he slipped in the water, a boat dismembered him without noticing, and his body floated against the current upstream and around Queens.

It's like you're Sherlock Holmes. Congratulations you cracked the case
More like Watson.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:08 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,993,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
More like Watson.

Don't you two know how to say "we don't know yet?" You need to wait to see all of the facts before you start searching for a killer. If it is the case that there is foul play it will come out and an investigation will be done. I am sure that is in the works now and the appropriate people are involved.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:40 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,236,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilmin View Post
Don't you two know how to say "we don't know yet?" You need to wait to see all of the facts before you start searching for a killer. If it is the case that there is foul play it will come out and an investigation will be done. I am sure that is in the works now and the appropriate people are involved.
Not to mention that they don't even know yet if it's actually Avonte. It could very well be but until the investigation and DNA is done, we just don't know.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
Not to mention that they don't even know yet if it's actually Avonte. It could very well be but until the investigation and DNA is done, we just don't know.

gee don't spoil their fun--- they think that they know not only who it is but how it was done and by whom.
but thank you "we just don't know"

Old 01-17-2014, 07:16 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilmin View Post
Someone even suggested that possibly even the waves themselves caused the decomposing body to break up. Not sure if that's the case but its another reason to wait for the forensic report.

Old 01-17-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Someone even suggested that possibly even the waves themselves caused the decomposing body to break up. Not sure if that's the case but its another reason to wait for the forensic report.

Of course--- there could be hundreds of reasons why the body is found in pieces and there are professionals who make a living figuring it out but of course on a board like this there are always people who go looking to prove what they "know" to be is an evil man in the woods. I am glad there are some of you who agree we have to wait.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:56 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,728,677 times
Hopefully, they'll find out right away if it's Avonte or not so the family will know something. The news said the mom was supposed to give a DNA sample to compare.

I would say it is him --- the pants and sneakers were the same as what he was wearing and the same size. The only thing different was a pair of underwear (I don't know if it was ON the body or NEAR the body).

I guess we'll hear something over the weekend or on Tuesday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City