Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2013, 02:52 PM

268 posts, read 480,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I've only created three or four.
lel

Old 11-20-2013, 02:58 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,331,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
That's me, and it is hyperbole to a degree. However, you do realize that these little demon spawns are essentially dishing out capital punishment for fun right? They're not just "kids". People die all of the time from being hit by a fist just once. And has indeed happened as a result of this "game".

So how about lock them up for the rest of their lives if that will make you feel better. They're useless to society.
People may die from a punch but the intention of knockout is not to kill. And they are kids! Seriously disturbed ones but they are still juveniles who clearly have a lot wrong in their lives to think it is cool or funny to do this "game". But let's be honest here, I have heard many stories of deranged kids who have flat out committed murder (most recent one where a 12 year old stabbed his infant brother 17 times!!!) but they are still children none the less.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:14 PM

175 posts, read 353,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
People may die from a punch but the intention of knockout is not to kill. And they are kids! Seriously disturbed ones but they are still juveniles who clearly have a lot wrong in their lives to think it is cool or funny to do this "game". But let's be honest here, I have heard many stories of deranged kids who have flat out committed murder (most recent one where a 12 year old stabbed his infant brother 17 times!!!) but they are still children none the less.

I understand where you are coming from but would not classify these people as juveniles. I don't believe these people fit into a civilian society and based on their actions deserve no juvenile or other rights under law. I say this as a black man. Any juvenile who attacks an elderly woman "for fun" should have their throat slit and be set as an example. I know I can't say that but honestly the violence in our communities is out of control. It just is. we are doing a horrible job at raising productive members of society. we just are. I don't have the answers but, things like this cannot be swept under a rug. This isn't societies fault, this is the African American communities fault. You can't defend these people. And I'm not bashing my race, I just don't like to see young black men doing stupid **** like this because it makes life that much more difficult for all the law abiding black women and men who raise their kids to be respectful and are law abiding citizens.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:19 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
there's no justification for knockout. somebody should knock them out too; see how they like it.

Old 11-20-2013, 03:24 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm267 View Post
I understand where you are coming from but would not classify these people as juveniles. I don't believe these people fit into a civilian society and based on their actions deserve no juvenile or other rights under law. I say this as a black man. Any juvenile who attacks an elderly woman "for fun" should have their throat slit and be set as an example. I know I can't say that but honestly the violence in our communities is out of control. It just is. we are doing a horrible job at raising productive members of society. we just are. I don't have the answers but, things like this cannot be swept under a rug. This isn't societies fault, this is the African American communities fault. You can't defend these people. And I'm not bashing my race, I just don't like to see young black men doing stupid **** like this because it makes life that much more difficult for all the law abiding black women and men who raise their kids to be respectful and are law abiding citizens.
Well said my friend...

Old 11-20-2013, 03:47 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,331,224 times
Quote:
It still doesn't change the fact that they are minors. Their brains don't function the same as adults. I'm always cautious of people who look at and treat minors as adults. Kids lack reasoning and sound judgement and there is a reason why they are handled differently by the law.

But yeah, these are problem children and the signs are usually there early on but they will usually never get help and end up behind bars anyway. And I also want to be like "stop f-ing it up for the rest of us!!!" Lol!

Old 11-20-2013, 03:51 PM

235 posts, read 374,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
What do YOU think my stance is on what these kids did?

I'm curious.
Please do tell us. Is it a Hate Crime? Do you think Black leaders should get involved in this? Should this be on national news and not on some local news here and there?

Old 11-20-2013, 03:53 PM

235 posts, read 374,057 times
Quote:
Great post there!

Old 11-20-2013, 03:59 PM

1,786 posts, read 3,462,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post
It still doesn't change the fact that they are minors. Their brains don't function the same as adults. I'm always cautious of people who look at and treat minors as adults. Kids lack reasoning and sound judgement and there is a reason why they are handled differently by the law.

But yeah, these are problem children and the signs are usually there early on but they will usually never get help and end up behind bars anyway. And I also want to be like "stop f-ing it up for the rest of us!!!" Lol!
You're right - their brains don't function the same as a fully grown adult. That is 100% medically correct. That is why minors are under the supervision of responsible adults until they are 18. Who are the parents of these thugs? How have they been raised? You can take race COMPLETELY off the table here. I would be outraged no matter what race, what economic background these thugs were coming from. To go up and punch an innocent person who is just walking by as some sort of game - seriously - where do you come from? What is going on in your home? What morals are you being taught? And to punch a 78 year old WOMAN?!? I agree with the other poster - they should be put to death. That could be anyone's mother or grandmother. That is simply appalling. There is something severely lacking in the home (two parents, good, strong male guidance/example?) when minors think that this is some sort of fun sport.

As they say - "Breeding does tell ...".

Old 11-20-2013, 03:59 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokistic View Post
Please do tell us. Is it a Hate Crime?
No. I think they would target anybody weaker than them.

Quote:
Do you think Black leaders should get involved in this?
For what? They're committing criminal acts. What would a black "leader" say?

You have to forgive me with putting black "leader" in quotes, because there aren't any that I respect today. They're either dead or in nursing homes.

Quote:
Should this be on national news and not on some local news here and there?
Why should it be national news? Do YOU want it to be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City