Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2013, 09:59 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,836 times

Advertisements

Supervisor test is postponed...it was stupid to have it in December to begin with

If you are chart Saturday and had plans...cancel them cause you're working....which probably means if you had plans Sunday....cancel those too lol

Old 12-12-2013, 10:11 AM

308 posts, read 517,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Supervisor test is postponed...it was stupid to have it in December to begin with

If you are chart Saturday and had plans...cancel them cause you're working....which probably means if you had plans Sunday....cancel those too lol
My bet is test gets postponed till at least spring so this doesn't happen again.

Old 12-12-2013, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyclicks View Post
My bet is test gets postponed till at least spring so this doesn't happen again.

i don't know why it was in december to begin with....i get that DCAS is in charge of it and not DSNY...but still people

Old 12-12-2013, 12:29 PM

228 posts, read 338,592 times
Quote:
No but they pay you to dump it on OT
Yes they do but as a junior guy guess what your going on baskets on overtime not dumping your truck... So I'm still trying to figure out how he got screwed even if he stayed out til 2 he's not going to dump that truck on overtime the senior guy is

Old 12-12-2013, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Haha you know damn well how and you know I wouldn't have been done and dumped by 2 to do anything else was the point. I'd have every rookie supervisor quadruple signing my card citing productivity and codes of conduct lol
I don't get it if u finish your route or not that doesn't effect what happens once OT time is in effect collection is only 8hrs so even if u leave work out your still going n baskets if that's where your seniority falls...for example a senior guy runs up the route and dumps and everyone is forced on OT some for relays some for plows and some for baskets guess what if he wants to dump your truck on OT that's what he's gonna get and you will get baskets

Old 12-12-2013, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest911 View Post
Ive never posted here before but ive been reading the post here a few years.

Dont listen to gobigorgohome he forgot where he started. He wouldnt last 3 days where im at with an attitude like that.

But do listen to awol.... Pretty funny and he knows what hes talking about.

That is all!
Your wrong pal I remember where I came from unlike most bosses on this job who never picked up garbage bottom line is every sanman is different u gotta know how to deal with all of them.awol makes a lot of good points some will work for others some will not bottom line new guys is just go out there and do your job and be safe and nobody can hurt you

Old 12-12-2013, 12:59 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,970,481 times
Quote:

How bout plans Monday night and chart Tuesday? Lol

Old 12-12-2013, 01:04 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,970,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobigorgohome View Post
I don't get it if u finish your route or not that doesn't effect what happens once OT time is in effect collection is only 8hrs so even if u leave work out your still going n baskets if that's where your seniority falls...for example a senior guy runs up the route and dumps and everyone is forced on OT some for relays some for plows and some for baskets guess what if he wants to dump your truck on OT that's what he's gonna get and you will get baskets
I kinda agree here, at our garage the senior man took the OT relay and the junior guys just got cut and sent home after 8 hrs, I woulda gladly done some baskets for the OT

Old 12-12-2013, 01:19 PM

48 posts, read 75,669 times
got sent on some relays today

driving those alley trucks..god those things drive like a dream

Old 12-12-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobigorgohome View Post
Yes they do but as a junior guy guess what your going on baskets on overtime not dumping your truck... So I'm still trying to figure out how he got screwed even if he stayed out til 2 he's not going to dump that truck on overtime the senior guy is

Define junior cause I was dumping with 2 months on. I get it, you think like a supervisor lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City