Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 07:24 PM

101 posts, read 105,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sancocho106 View Post
soooo after 3 long months of waiting and praying, notarizing letters, making copies, and stalking my mail,email cell phone..the k n r rep finally called after numerous attempts to tell me that I dont qualify due to income, supposely my income is too high...are they ****crazy..I am beyond upset,disgusted, annoyed, you name it. I think this typing is helping me right now. because all i want to do is go there and show these "developers" basic math..for one I applied for a studio or one bedroom apt for myself. and supposely I make over the provided amount which I don't. I wish..She said I can always appeal and show proof that I dont make that amount they calculated...I am so upset my tears are fire as of now..KNR suck!!!!!hairy monkey balls with a side of grease!!!!

I am so sorry to hear that. I am starting to feel they are looking for reasons to disqualify people. This sounds like bs to me also. Your income is the first thing they look at when you go for the interview. How can it go from you qualify to you do not qualify. I would appeal their decision. Good Luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 07:35 PM

138 posts, read 136,724 times
@mzmatty exactly! !! Thats the first option thing they look at after id lol

Old 03-14-2014, 12:29 PM

108 posts, read 106,566 times
well no call yet today. I am starting to feel uneasy now that it's taken this long to get a response and seeing some results here. I hope that next week good news will come. Watching the news today, mayor stated harlem victims will get housing units....

while it is unfortunate what happened to these people, i do not want to sound like an a**hole, but i am hoping this doesn't affect the people waiting for HRPS.

@sancocho and anyone denied the apartment, has it been stated how long it takes to appeal? or how the process even works?

Old 03-14-2014, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyero View Post
well no call yet today. I am starting to feel uneasy now that it's taken this long to get a response and seeing some results here. I hope that next week good news will come. Watching the news today, mayor stated harlem victims will get housing units....

while it is unfortunate what happened to these people, i do not want to sound like an a**hole, but i am hoping this doesn't affect the people waiting for HRPS.

@sancocho and anyone denied the apartment, has it been stated how long it takes to appeal? or how the process even works?

No call for me either. I sent an e mail to my Interviewer this morning and so far no response from her. I also am starting to feel uneasy and discouraged. Trying to stay positive and think no news is good news but I don't know.

I watched the news update from the Mayor this afternoon also. I posted on here the other day wondering if the East Harlem explosion would affect HRPS. The Mayor stated that they are placing these displaced people in empty units in the surrounding area. HRPS is 15 blocks away from where this happened. One of the other speakers spoke of units they will use on East 130th street. Hoping and praying he didn't mean 131st street where HRPS is located.

Another week has passed and nothing. Don't know what to think.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:00 PM

108 posts, read 106,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzmatty View Post
No call for me either. I sent an e mail to my Interviewer this morning and so far no response from her. I also am starting to feel uneasy and discouraged. Trying to stay positive and think no news is good news but I don't know.

I watched the news update from the Mayor this afternoon also. I posted on here the other day wondering if the East Harlem explosion would affect HRPS. The Mayor stated that they are placing these displaced people in empty units in the surrounding area. HRPS is 15 blocks away from where this happened. One of the other speakers spoke of units they will use on East 130th street. Hoping and praying he didn't mean 131st street where HRPS is located.

Another week has passed and nothing. Don't know what to think.
The only thing I can think of is the fact that the people displaced need a unit immediately. The units at HRPS are not available immediately so it may not be those. There are other buildings by HPD at 130th street on the EAST side. But you know what, things happen for a reason. I pray for the families of victims and better them to receive the unit than someone who may have lied in the application.

What I also didnt like, was Mr. DeBlasio's statement which I read this morning...Displaced victims will get units regarding their Immigration status. I do not condone this. I can't stand the thought of someone getting such nice units, because of a disaster...and them not even legally apply for it, nor live here.

Old 03-14-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyero View Post
The only thing I can think of is the fact that the people displaced need a unit immediately. The units at HRPS are not available immediately so it may not be those. There are other buildings by HPD at 130th street on the EAST side. But you know what, things happen for a reason. I pray for the families of victims and better them to receive the unit than someone who may have lied in the application.

What I also didnt like, was Mr. DeBlasio's statement which I read this morning...Displaced victims will get units regarding their Immigration status. I do not condone this. I can't stand the thought of someone getting such nice units, because of a disaster...and them not even legally apply for it, nor live here.

I just received an e mail from my Interviewer. She said the city had not moved on my application because they first had to fill all the preference groups which they completed today. She says she expects to hear a decision some time next week. Fingers crossed.

I shot her a return e mail asking about the city using HRPS for the displaced people from the explosion. She said HRPS units will not be used because those units have already been placed in services by the city (whatever that means).

Looks like we still have a chance. Hopefully next week will bring good news to all of us still waiting for decisions. Good Luck.

Old 03-14-2014, 02:14 PM

@mzmatty wow your interviwer works fast
But in response to placing victims to Hrps I doubt it because there is no paperwork at hand confirming there status..its very sad What happened because it can be anyone living in old buildings..just keep being persistent..you never know.
@joyero it's funny you mentioned that because my interviwer didnt give me any information on the appeal process bc she sucks as a human being.yet im assuming its 1 week from receiving letter. .how ever I will go in person to deal with this mess

Old 03-14-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
@mzmatty wow your interviwer works fast
But in response to placing victims to Hrps I doubt it because there is no paperwork at hand confirming there status..its very sad What happened because it can be anyone living in old buildings..just keep being persistent..you never know.
@joyero it's funny you mentioned that because my interviwer didnt give me any information on the appeal process bc she sucks as a human being.yet im assuming its 1 week from receiving letter. .how ever I will go in person to deal with this mess

@ Sancocho - My Interviewer is pretty good in returning e mails and telephone calls. She doesn't initiate contact but usually when I reach out to her she will respond. I have had a journey to get to the point where I am now. I went for my initial interview back in early January so it has taken me 2 months of waiting and anticipating getting in.

If you do not hear from HRPS in regards to how to file an appeal by next week I would visit their office and find out. Don't give up !!!!!!!!!!!!!! You never know since there are empty apartments still available you just may win the appeal and get in. I wish you Luck !!!!!!!!!

Old 03-14-2014, 02:50 PM

@mzmatty oooh no I definitely wont give up..tx for the encouragement sometimes I wish they can look more at the person rather then a file. If I dontnreceive a letter today w the appeal notice I will go there in person and show them all paystubs if needed with some flowers lol

Old 03-14-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
@mzmatty oooh no I definitely wont give up..tx for the encouragement sometimes I wish they can look more at the person rather then a file. If I dontnreceive a letter today w the appeal notice I will go there in person and show them all paystubs if needed with some flowers lol

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery