Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2014, 08:02 PM

101 posts, read 105,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justw8 View Post
Congrats to you all I know how difficult this can be. I'm in the final stages

Approximately how log did you all wait for city approval?

I waited about 3 weeks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 08:10 PM

108 posts, read 106,566 times
@justw8 I was interviewed on mid February, my application was approved two weeks later, and city aproval a week and half. So my process was exactly one month from beginning to where I'm at now. You should be getting called this building has 12 floors in certain sections and there are still people moving in. I hope everyone on these forums gets a chance.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:31 PM

222 posts, read 185,689 times
Thank you. After I'm in or not I'll explain what's taking so long.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:05 AM

108 posts, read 106,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justw8 View Post
Thank you. After I'm in or not I'll explain what's taking so long.
Sounds like you're going through some major problems. I hope you get everything cleared. Along with sancocho. If you are on these forums, that means you are doing your research. You are dedicated and a devoted tenant. I see it as you'll do what it takes to get information that can help you get these apartments. My opinion to anyone is just be honest, apply straight forward, and hope for the best. I personally have been applying for at least 15 lottery apartments and finally got one.

Never give up guys.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:17 AM

138 posts, read 136,724 times
@joyero good morning and thanks for the nice words but as for myself I think I applied to almost all.I have an interview for another apt with a different company but that area in the bronx is pretty bad its in hoe ave lol.no way jose.but with research and applying to lottery im like a pro.and figured hrps its a nice area .so im still being patient and waiting to aee whats up..if worse case im a have to find a regular apt and deal with it I guess

Old 03-21-2014, 07:52 AM

49 posts, read 60,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzmatty View Post
I waited about 3 weeks.
Mzatty did they say anything about parking? i am waiting forthe city's approval as well. The only thing that has me a bit cautious is thearea. Walking to the building at night does seem a bit scary and the fact that it’snext to a sanitation building has me wondering about the smell and rats. What areyour thoughts?

Old 03-21-2014, 08:31 AM

[quote=nyctown101;33974589]Mzatty did they say anything about parking? i am waiting forthe city's approval as well. The only thing that has me a bit cautious is thearea. Walking to the building at night does seem a bit scary and the fact that it’snext to a sanitation building has me wondering about the smell and rats. What areyour thoughts?[/quo

I don't think there is any parking there. I have lived in East Harlem and Harlem all my life so I am comfortable with the area. The building is 6 blocks from the train stations and buses (125th street). The building is located between Lexington and Park Avenues. Park Avenue can be a little creepy at night but Lexington is not that bad. Lexington Avenue has apartment buildings all the way from 125 street (where major transportation is) to 131 streets (where the building is located) so there is lots of activity along the way. As long as you keep aware of your surroundings (like anywhere else in New York) you will be fine.

The sanitation garage faces the front of the building and I too was concerned about the smell and vermin. The building doesn't store garbage and there is no smell. When I was there yesterday looking at the apartment I noticed the sanitation guys washing the trucks down. I am assuming and hoping that this is their daily routine before they park the trucks.

Old 03-21-2014, 08:55 AM

Ok I am qualified for a 2 bedroom and i hope it spacious. I hopethat the 2 bed room apartments have a eat-in kitchen or at least a large enoughliving room. i lived in west Harlem mostof my life and i am not afraid is just that once i hit 125 on park i feel like I’min crack head city lol

Old 03-21-2014, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyctown101 View Post
I don't think there is any parking there. I have lived in East Harlem and Harlem all my life so I am comfortable with the area. The building is 6 blocks from the train stations and buses (125th street). The building is located between Lexington and Park Avenues. Park Avenue can be a little creepy at night but Lexington is not that bad. Lexington Avenue has apartment buildings all the way from 125 street (where major transportation is) to 131 streets (where the building is located) so there is lots of activity along the way. As long as you keep aware of your surroundings (like anywhere else in New York) you will be fine.

The sanitation garage faces the front of the building and I too was concerned about the smell and vermin. The building doesn't store garbage and there is no smell. When I was there yesterday looking at the apartment I noticed the sanitation guys washing the trucks down. I am assuming and hoping that this is their daily routine before they park the trucks.
ok i am quilified for a 2 bedroom and i hope it spacious. i lived in west harlem most of my life and i am not afaid is just that once i hit 125 on park i feel like im in crack head city

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Ok I am qualified for a 2 bedroom and i hope it spacious. I hopethat the 2 bed room apartments have a eat-in kitchen or at least a large enoughliving room. i lived in west Harlem mostof my life and i am not afraid is just that once i hit 125 on park i feel like I’min crack head city lol[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE][/quote]

I will have a 1 bedroom and it's TINY, only 635 square feet. I would use Lexington Avenue instead of Park Avenue when traveling to and from the building. Park Avenue is kind of sketchy.

The 1 bedroom did not have an eat in kitchen, infact, there is no room for a full 4 chair dining room set. I am going to have to get some sort of breakfast nuk thingy LOL

Old 03-21-2014, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzmatty View Post
ok i am quilified for a 2 bedroom and i hope it spacious. i lived in west harlem most of my life and i am not afaid is just that once i hit 125 on park i feel like im in crack head city

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Ok I am qualified for a 2 bedroom and i hope it spacious. I hopethat the 2 bed room apartments have a eat-in kitchen or at least a large enoughliving room. i lived in west Harlem mostof my life and i am not afraid is just that once i hit 125 on park i feel like I’min crack head city lol[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

I will have a 1 bedroom and it's TINY, only 635 square feet. I would use Lexington Avenue instead of Park Avenue when traveling to and from the building. Park Avenue is kind of sketchy.

The 1 bedroom did not have an eat in kitchen, infact, there is no room for a full 4 chair dining room set. I am going to have to get some sort of breakfast nuk thingy LOL[/quote]

thanks guess ill play the waiting game now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery