Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 04:47 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Don't forget the child molesting! I think the OP should avoid living near the jewish gangbangers and NYC in general!
The troll wants to get banged by Jewish gangbangers. She's look for orgies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2013, 04:48 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Brooklyn Hasidic rabbis were just in the news for kidnap/torture plot too, come to think of it.
Rabbis Accused in Plot to Kidnap, Torture Husbands to Pressure Divorces | NBC New York
Don't get the OP excited!

Old 12-08-2013, 06:02 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
Brooklyn Hasidic rabbis were just in the news for kidnap/torture plot too, come to think of it.
Rabbis Accused in Plot to Kidnap, Torture Husbands to Pressure Divorces | NBC New York
So,we have extortion,loansharking,money laundering,racketeering,welfare fraud and child molestation at least.

Old 12-08-2013, 06:15 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwhite View Post
Hello! I'm new to the city, originally hailing from a small rural town in the mid-west. As you might've already guessed, this means I've next to no experience with dealing with minorities. I've done my research though and have seen and heard that minority-dominated areas tend to be gang and crime infested and very hostile to whites, i-e "not good areas."

Does this apply to Jewish areas? I'm thinking of moving either Williamsburg or Boro Park due to the prices, but I'm kind of afraid that like other minority areas such as black and hispanic ones, they're not safe. What do I have to watch out for in these areas? I see a lot of men with beards and dressed in all black, does that signify their gang? What are the Jewish gangs I should be aware of? Is there a lot of crime? Are they hostile to gentiles?

Please help, any advice would be appreciated. I don't want to move into someplace like Harlem or Compton.
Go buy yourself a time-machine and transport yourself to turn of the 20th century NYC. Head to the lower east side which was heavily Jewish then full of crime and poverty. In essence a quintessential Jewish Ghetto.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:03 AM

43,668 posts, read 44,406,521 times
I think it is the Jews in these Jewish neighborhoods that have more to worry about because of the "knockout"s.
Hasidic man assaulted by woman becomes 10th possible victim of the 'knockout game' in New York | Mail Online

Old 12-09-2013, 08:42 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,907,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
So,we have extortion,loansharking,money laundering,racketeering,welfare fraud and child molestation at least.
I would probably add tax evasion to the list.

La cosa nostra ain't got nothing on these gangsters.

These guys are smarter and more resourceful, imo.
They got religion as a (tax-exempt) front and the always useful memory of what happened in Europe.

Kiryas Joel, NY might as well be their HQ.

Old 12-09-2013, 09:15 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times
what's up with all these teabaggers moving to new york?

Old 12-09-2013, 11:45 AM

2 posts, read 2,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingwhite View Post
Hello! I'm new to the city, originally hailing from a small rural town in the mid-west. As you might've already guessed, this means I've next to no experience with dealing with minorities. I've done my research though and have seen and heard that minority-dominated areas tend to be gang and crime infested and very hostile to whites, i-e "not good areas."

Does this apply to Jewish areas? I'm thinking of moving either Williamsburg or Boro Park due to the prices, but I'm kind of afraid that like other minority areas such as black and hispanic ones, they're not safe. What do I have to watch out for in these areas? I see a lot of men with beards and dressed in all black, does that signify their gang? What are the Jewish gangs I should be aware of? Is there a lot of crime? Are they hostile to gentiles?

Please help, any advice would be appreciated. I don't want to move into someplace like Harlem or Compton.
I signed up just to let you know how ignorant you sound.
1. There are no such things as Jewish gangs. Judaism is a religion. You may as well ask about the Christian gangs, Catholic gangs & Muslim gangs while you're at it. They live in Boro Park & Williamsburg too.

2. The religious Jews dress in black because they branched off from mainstream Judaism in the late 16th/early 17th century, and that's what they were wearing at that time. Because they follow things very literally and observantly, they stick to their tradition of wearing the same or very similar clothing to what was worn at the beginning of their sect centuries ago. A quick google search would have answered that question for you.

3. "Are they hostile to Gentiles?": Short answer: no.
Long answer: You speak of them as if they are another species.
Are dogs hostile to humans? If provoked, yes.
Are humans hostile to humans? If provoked, yes.

4. "I don't want to move into someplace like Harlem or Compton."
Again; with the ignorance. We are not in 1988, where hookers roam Times Square & all the African Americans are confined to the "Projects". This is 2013. Harlem is an up & coming place now & Compton is now an Industrial town (City of Industry).

A word of advice, if you are asking yourself these questions, maybe those places aren't for you. Instead, try Marin Park.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:58 AM

1,431 posts, read 2,618,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiZZ4 View Post
I signed up just to let you know how ignorant you sound.
1. There are no such things as Jewish gangs. Judaism is a religion. You may as well ask about the Christian gangs, Catholic gangs & Muslim gangs while you're at it. They live in Boro Park & Williamsburg too.

2. The religious Jews dress in black because they branched off from mainstream Judaism in the late 16th/early 17th century, and that's what they were wearing at that time. Because they follow things very literally and observantly, they stick to their tradition of wearing the same or very similar clothing to what was worn at the beginning of their sect centuries ago. A quick google search would have answered that question for you.

3. "Are they hostile to Gentiles?": Short answer: no.
Long answer: You speak of them as if they are another species.
Are dogs hostile to humans? If provoked, yes.
Are humans hostile to humans? If provoked, yes.

4. "I don't want to move into someplace like Harlem or Compton."
Again; with the ignorance. We are not in 1988, where hookers roam Times Square & all the African Americans are confined to the "Projects". This is 2013. Harlem is an up & coming place now & Compton is now an Industrial town (City of Industry).

A word of advice, if you are asking yourself these questions, maybe those places aren't for you. Instead, try Marin Park.
The OP almost certainly was not asking these things sincerely.The OP was simply race-baiting, a popular pastime around here.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:01 PM

2 posts, read 2,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinxBolling View Post
The OP almost certainly was not asking these things sincerely.The OP was simply race-baiting, a popular pastime around here.

People troll on the INTERNET?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City