Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 12:25 PM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by otown native View Post
Yeah, you have to remember over there it's not as frowned upon as it is here though. Visited Paris this summer, and I think I got more secondhand smoke in that 2 weeks than I have my whole life..lol. It's pretty abundant at every cafe you walk by.
LMAO! I believe you. All in all, the European new comers I've met have been open minded, friendly people, well versed too. The same goes for the Japanese, Australian, Out of State-Transplant I've met and spoken with who are moving into some of these 'more popular' Brooklyn neighborhoods. I know of these 2 long legged specimens, one French (Williamsburg), one English (East Village) who would leave a man biting their lower lip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2013, 01:09 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
The french should pay more attention to their own high rise ghettos and riots. Also how they treat the roma ppl while pretending to be sophisticated artsy fartsy.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:22 PM

573 posts, read 1,462,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
The french should pay more attention to their own high rise ghettos and riots. Also how they treat the roma ppl while pretending to be sophisticated artsy fartsy.
True.

Old 12-17-2013, 01:33 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,297 times
Those cheese eating surrender monkeys, how dare they diss da Bronx.

Old 12-17-2013, 02:06 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Those cheese eating surrender monkeys, how dare they diss da Bronx.

Gotta rep you on this! If it weren't for us their national anthem would be Deutschland ueber Alles

Old 12-17-2013, 09:44 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchy93 View Post
Yes Parisians tend to think the world revolves around them (thats the main thing we hate about them), and yes in most people minds the Bronx still represents the epitome of crime, poverty and urban decay. You should hear people reactions when I tell them I'll stay in the Bronx this summer. Yet practically none of them ever set foot in the Bronx...

And like yodel said "C'est le Bronx" is an expression commonly used to describe a wild urban area, filled with drugs, violence and poverty. That's still the perception of a majority of people overseas.

As of this "très Brooklyn" thing, I remember seeing that in an article that was posted here but I can guarantee you I have never heard anybody use that. Maybe in the hipster circles, but where the regular people live, nobody ever used that. Actually you would be clowned or even slapped for saying such dumb stuff lol

Two years ago a French Football club played at Yankee Stadium. Plenty of French came to the Bronx to watch that game, I know of a French couple that went to the game. Also I friended a French Woman but she was from Lyon and she lived in Harlem, On occasions she has visited the Bronx by walking across the Harlem River. She had a nice French Booty btw, and she was into hip hop art, and much of her inspiration came from the Bronx. I hope someday to visit France but I don't want to visit Paris. Will probably visit France Via nearby Barcelona in Spain which is not far from France, or Italy by probably taking a high speed from Rome and visiting Nice or Marseille. Or maybe from UK taking a ferry from Dover to Port of Calais! I just hope the Parisians can fix their ghettos that hug around the city of Paris!

Old 12-18-2013, 12:46 PM

11,554 posts, read 9,327,637 times
The French should **** until they figure out what to do with the massive ghettos surrounding Paris

Old 12-18-2013, 01:23 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,045,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
The French should **** until they figure out what to do with the massive ghettos surrounding Paris
It was a huge mistake for the French to move ghettos of paris to the suburban fringes. The world laughs at the French for doing this. State side some hope NYC will adapt Paris model. Lol.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:13 PM

1,327 posts, read 2,606,127 times
You criticize the French for stereotyping but you are doing the same, your politicians, medias are doing the same.
They are as ignorant about Paris as the Parisian politicians are ignorant about New York City.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:29 PM

32 posts, read 95,703 times
Who doesn't have something negative to say about the Bronx? I read somewhere that the Bronx continues to lose its Caucasian population which I'm sure is one reason the Bronx is still seen in a negative light. Brooklyn's Caucasian population meanwhile is on the rise and of course Manhattan is becoming ever so Caucasian as well.

Last edited by Audi_A7; 12-18-2013 at 03:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City