Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 04:58 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,541,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Your opinion was very specific: EVERY LAST person who voted for DeBlasio HATED Bloomberg with a passion.

So again, how do you know this?

Well we do know that almost 50% did. We do know that de Blasio polled as the anti Bloomberg. We also do know that over 70% didn't bother to vote, most likely to be those who didn't hate Bloomberg.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
That's exactly the point.

De Blasio's base was the other NYC, working class people who can't afford the nicest clothes. So this is one thing de Blasio got RIGHT.

Even in certain companies, people don't do suits quite like the used too. Informality's become a lot more common.

Indeed when I go to some networking events your group (I assume that you are under 40) usually show up in shirt and slacks, no suit.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:08 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
why doesn't Dante sag his pants??

Old 01-05-2014, 05:21 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,029,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Who noticed de Blasio before the Dante ad? And if that ad didn't win over many black women to him Bill Thompson might have won, or at a minimum forced a run off.
True, true. I really can't believe that a biracial kid with an afro stirred up so much controversy that even provoked that old relic mayor to say DeBlasio was "racist" for using her children in his campaign like so many thousands of other politicians before him have done.

All I saw was a kid supporting his father in ads.

Quote:
The margin of difference between the two Bills was the fact that Bill de Blasio tied with Bill Thompson with the black vote in the primaries, because he won over many black females, who as you know count for 2/3 of the black vote.
I haven't the slightest idea why though. He was always flip flopping.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:39 PM

77 posts, read 133,787 times
They seem like a good, photogenic family. As a young black man myself, we could certainly use a few positive examples in the media, and Dante seems like a good kid with his head firmly on his shoulders.

I do strongly wish, however, that voters would focus far less on the personal lives/families of candidates and more on their actual records, policy solutions, and competency. I'm really tired of this Hollywood-style celebrity culture invading our body politic. Voters who choose a candidate because they think he would be a good "drinking buddy" or because his son is multi-racial and has an Afro, really scare the bejeesus out of me. As a New Yorker, Dante de Blasio is going to have basically zero effect on my life over the next 4 years. His father, much more so. I don't understand why some voters don't think that way...

Old 01-05-2014, 05:45 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
Because he is not a thug...

Old 01-05-2014, 07:24 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,729,541 times
Quote:
I thought that the official event was at the inauguration at City Hall. Dante had a suit then. The swearing in was a formality.

That's what I was saying.

Old 01-05-2014, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post

His mother would kill him, revive him, and then kill him again. It will be his liberal father who might be less drastic.

Old 01-05-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK10019 View Post
They seem like a good, photogenic family. As a young black man myself, we could certainly use a few positive examples in the media, and Dante seems like a good kid with his head firmly on his shoulders.

I do strongly wish, however, that voters would focus far less on the personal lives/families of candidates and more on their actual records, policy solutions, and competency. I'm really tired of this Hollywood-style celebrity culture invading our body politic. Voters who choose a candidate because they think he would be a good "drinking buddy" or because his son is multi-racial and has an Afro, really scare the bejeesus out of me. As a New Yorker, Dante de Blasio is going to have basically zero effect on my life over the next 4 years. His father, much more so. I don't understand why some voters don't think that way...

I agree, but our media are too lazy to be able to do real journalism into issues that are more important. Much easier to ask what Dante is doing. And sadly many of the public are also quite shallow. That's why they vote based upon criteria which is meaningless.

Old 01-05-2014, 07:47 PM

335 posts, read 503,953 times
Quote:
His mother would kill him, revive him, and then kill him again. It will be his liberal father who might be less drastic.
Huh?

Do you know Dante's parents?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City