Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 12:57 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times

Advertisements

Well the list is accurate...and I will even give the point that areas with massive increases in daytime populations (like Midtown/Downtown) are skewed...I get it. But the facts remain, you are more likely to be the victim of A crime, not a specific crime, but any crime, in Brooklyn Heights/Dumbo, than Washington Heights, Morris Heights, and a whole bunch of other nabes that are "scary" to you.

If you want to parse the crime stats and do it by murder rate, rape, grand theft auto, assaults, property crime, etc, you can do so and will come up with very different rankings depending on the specific crime you choose. But the fact remains, you are far more likely to be the victim of crime in Brooklyn Heights/Dumbo, and Park Slope, than Washington Heights and Morris Heights, and a host of other nabes. You are welcome to believe it or not...but it is reality.

Bigjake..we have been over ourselves since we came into existence. It is the obsession with whites to subjugate, enslave, and exclude which causes all the problems you listed. As soon as whites stop obsessing about those 3 things against every other population, the rest will fall into place. As soon as that happens, you'll be the first to know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2014, 01:43 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,636,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Well the list is accurate...and I will even give the point that areas with massive increases in daytime populations (like Midtown/Downtown) are skewed...I get it. But the facts remain, you are more likely to be the victim of A crime, not a specific crime, but any crime, in Brooklyn Heights/Dumbo, than Washington Heights, Morris Heights, and a whole bunch of other nabes that are "scary" to you.

If you want to parse the crime stats and do it by murder rate, rape, grand theft auto, assaults, property crime, etc, you can do so and will come up with very different rankings depending on the specific crime you choose. But the fact remains, you are far more likely to be the victim of crime in Brooklyn Heights/Dumbo, and Park Slope, than Washington Heights and Morris Heights, and a host of other nabes. You are welcome to believe it or not...but it is reality.

Bigjake..we have been over ourselves since we came into existence. It is the obsession with whites to subjugate, enslave, and exclude which causes all the problems you listed. As soon as whites stop obsessing about those 3 things against every other population, the rest will fall into place. As soon as that happens, you'll be the first to know!

You SERIOUSLY believe what you are reading? You SERIOUSLY believe what you are saying? Okay, how about we both do a study. You stand on the corner of 168th and Webster (in the south Bronx of course) where those projects are at. All day. With a suit and tie. Just stand in front of the projects. From 5am till 5am the next day. I'll stand some where in mid town or Dumbo from 5am-5am. We see what happens to us. I bet you I won't have anything to complain about.

Whoever wins treats each other to a meal and a public foot rub.

Old 01-19-2014, 01:51 PM

Unfortunately, you SERIOUSLY prefer to believe in the "I will stand here and you stand there" method, than to use actual published reported facts and statistics.

Since when did using the crime stats for a community coupled with the population that live there the crazy way to analyze crime and determine crime rate? And when did the "you stand here and I stand there" method become the normal/non crazy way!

Wow anything not to believe reality...the human capacity to disavow truth when it goes against their personal opinions, regardless of how many facts you present, and all the justification/excuses/scenarios to dismiss all the facts, is truly fascinating. The "stand here and I stand there method" is one of my favorites so far!

I hope you are prepping your hands for that foot rub...

Old 01-19-2014, 02:36 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,201,005 times
Quote:
Since when did using the crime stats for a community coupled with the population that live there the crazy way to analyze crime and determine crime rate?
You don't analyze stats by being willfully blind to confounding factors.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:41 PM

And what confounding factors are those? The analysis is clear: crime stats and population who live there. What else is there to discuss? It could not be more simple and straightforward....but people just won't believe it. Fascinating.

Old 01-19-2014, 02:41 PM

34,012 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lital_The_Best View Post
You SERIOUSLY believe what you are reading? You SERIOUSLY believe what you are saying? Okay, how about we both do a study. You stand on the corner of 168th and Webster (in the south Bronx of course) where those projects are at. All day. With a suit and tie. Just stand in front of the projects. From 5am till 5am the next day. I'll stand some where in mid town or Dumbo from 5am-5am. We see what happens to us. I bet you I won't have anything to complain about.

Whoever wins treats each other to a meal and a public foot rub.
Wow. Just wow. You cannot be this dense.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 01-19-2014, 03:51 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
I'm in the safest part of the city right now. Ahhhh.

Old 01-19-2014, 03:52 PM

Indeed...I don't think anyone is arguing that tho. Maybe you don't need the underground military bunker after all!

Old 01-19-2014, 03:53 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
If I had enough land and money, I'd have one anyway.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:10 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,125,537 times
Quote:
Does it say you are most likely to be a victim of a crime? Or does it say that the crime was committed in that area? When you're talking about a crime like grand larceny, it's probably higher in an area like Park Slope, compared to an area like Hunts Point. (And for a lot of those areas on the lower end of the scale, they did mention that larceny was high). The criminal could live in an area like Park Slope, and the victim could live anywhere.

And while Brooklyn Heights/DUMBO don't have the large increase in the daytime population that Midtown/Downtown do, they aren't completely residential, and they do have significantly more people passing through than the amount listed as the population. For Park Slope, it has Prospect Park counted as part of its stats.

Not to mention, that this is by precinct, not by neighborhood. For instance, the "Red Hook" precinct actually contains Carroll Gardens & Cobble Hill, and the "Coney Island" precinct contains Brighton Beach & parts of Gravesend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City