Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2014, 01:54 PM

4 posts, read 9,176 times

Advertisements

I bought a property from REO. But now I found there is big ECB liens on this lot by previous owner. It was sold as a special deed, which the title insurance is uncovered.
So I know it is my liability and I have to pay for it. However, the terrible thing is the ECB lien is over 150000(all of them are default and almost 30% of it is interest rate). Is it possible to negotiate with ECB and get some deduction if I pay them cash?(Did anyone try this?)(Since it became a lien, is it still negotiable?)
Or is there anyway to get some deduction? (Pay in loans is not my option.)
(In addition, I could not find the previous owner and ask for a new ticket.)
Hope someone could provide some suggestions.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2014, 01:56 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,577,420 times
Didn't you know this when you were in the process of purchasing and did a title search?

Old 12-15-2014, 01:56 PM

Ouch... BTW, the property is in Queens

Old 12-15-2014, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc33433 View Post
Didn't you know this when you were in the process of purchasing and did a title search?
I already purchased. Just a quick buy, without investigate. That is my bad.
But now I just hope to find a way to pay for this ECB lien(try to make some deduction), I don't want to lose the property.

Old 12-15-2014, 04:11 PM

Please,No one can give me some suggestions?

Old 12-17-2014, 10:59 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
REO took the ECB down to Fourth Street USA,
When he got their....

LBJ, CIA, USA, LSD.

Aren't acronyms fun?

Sorry your REO got hit with ECB's....perhaps antibiotics might help?

Old 12-17-2014, 05:55 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninacn View Post
I bought a property from REO. But now I found there is big ECB liens on this lot by previous owner. It was sold as a special deed, which the title insurance is uncovered.
So I know it is my liability and I have to pay for it. However, the terrible thing is the ECB lien is over 150000(all of them are default and almost 30% of it is interest rate). Is it possible to negotiate with ECB and get some deduction if I pay them cash?(Did anyone try this?)(Since it became a lien, is it still negotiable?)
Or is there anyway to get some deduction? (Pay in loans is not my option.)
(In addition, I could not find the previous owner and ask for a new ticket.)
Hope someone could provide some suggestions.
Thanks!
Wow,that really sucks.You're screwed but really, it's because of your own greed and stupidity.Why would you ever purchase a property with a special deed without a title search and title insurance ? Oh,I know……the deal was too good to pass up.

Old 12-17-2014, 06:00 PM

1,998 posts, read 1,881,116 times
You should learn from your own experience and seek professional help. Going by what a message board tells you is pretty much asking to repeat the same mistake again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Wow,that really sucks.You're screwed but really, it's because of your own greed and stupidity.Why would you ever purchase a property with a special deed without a title search and title insurance ? Oh,I know……the deal was too good to pass up.
Haha you always have to be suspicious when a deal sounds too good to be true. This is NYC after all, if it was easy money people would be stepping over each other like it was the line to get on the subway.

Last edited by NYer23; 12-17-2014 at 06:14 PM..

Old 12-17-2014, 06:21 PM

106,579 posts, read 108,713,667 times
this is why real estate is a profession.

Old 12-17-2014, 08:58 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,172,002 times
You said that you received a "special deed." There are 3 main categories of deeds in New York State: 1. Covenant and Warranty Deed (sometimes called "General Warranty" deed) ; 2. "Bargain and Sale Deed" (a/k/a "Special Warranty Deed") and 3. Quit Claim Deed. Or maybe you bought a tax lien? What is the exact wording on the deed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: