Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2014, 11:13 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Forget about LeFrak. They got apartments in there for $2000 a month now. It's not like the 1980s and 1990s anymore. Samuel LeFrak is how old now. Is he even alive still? I honestly don't know. Stop rehashing these old NY Times articles. You don't even know LeFrak that well. It was only one side that was really ever that bad (57th Ave). Horace Harding side was always good. You don't even know Queens that well. You lived on the border of Nassau County for a year and now you can write the Queens Almanac.
And every time people mentioned what they knew of LeFrak personally, you dismiss it. Then you dismiss newspaper articles, though there are certainly newspaper articles on crime in Lefrak post 2010. You're abusing your privileges as moderator, dude. For some reason you're personally upset that many of us have said Corona is high crime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 11:18 PM

34,006 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
And every time people mentioned what they knew of LeFrak personally, you dismiss it. Then you dismiss newspaper articles, though there are certainly newspaper articles on crime in Lefrak post 2010. You're abusing your privileges as moderator, dude. For some reason you're personally upset that many of us have said Corona is high crime.
Is it a high possibility that I will I be a victim of crime when going to the Lemon Ice King? Should I not go? I want to take my son this summer when it gets warm. Too cold to have that now.

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 02-12-2014, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Dude, you don't know how well I know LeFrak. I don't put my entire life history on this forum, because my whole life history is none of your damn business. I did not know a history of every apartment I ever lived in or rented was necessary to participate on an internet forum.

I will say this, Central Queen is my home and where I was originally born.

I LIVED in QUEENS MOST OF MY LIFE! Haven't you heard when you assume you make an ass of yourself? That's exactly how you're acting, Mr. Moderator, and you're abusing your privileges as moderator by taking things so personally. Yes, I'll go there and I don't care how many points you take away or if I'm banned.
I'm taking it personally? Not at all. But I am in disagreement with your views on Corona. And I don't have a personal stake in the neighborhood at all. I am however partial to Queens Center Mall. Good shopping and great eye candy there.

Tell me some hot spots in Corona that I should avoid then, since you been in Queens most of your life. I want to avoid them since I would like to take my son to the Lemon Ice King this summer. I will be driving FWIW, with the doors locked and windows rolled up.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:30 PM

Quote:
LeFRAK City, also called LECRACK City is in Corona
LECRACK City????? No

Lefrak = Iraq

And you're from Queens??

Old 02-12-2014, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8thPerson View Post
Many people wouldnt know unless they lived there I understand , you are alright during the day but at night I dont walk out unless I have a pocket knife with me ive been robbed to many times and threatened
Sorry but I live in Far Rockaway (my whole life) and I don't have to walk with a weapon around my way ever. I don't think Corona is the problem here. Sometimes we just need to take a look in the mirror, nahmean????

Old 02-12-2014, 11:35 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Quote:
I'm taking it personally? Not at all. But I am in disagreement with your views on Corona. And I don't have a personal stake in the neighborhood at all. I am however partial to Queens Center Mall. Good shopping and great eye candy there.

Tell me some hot spots in Corona that I should avoid then, since you been in Queens most of your life. I want to avoid them since I would like to take my son to the Lemon Ice King this summer. I will be driving FWIW, with the doors locked and windows rolled up.
I don't really know the hot spots to avoid, but I have a suggestion. Your son might like the tortilla making machines at Tortilleria Nixtamal, which is owned by a NY firefighter. When I've been there, they seemed to like showing off the machines to visitors. The tacos are excellent too. It's not too far from the Ice King.

I wish I could remember where it is, but there's a huge store not that far away that sells all kinds of colorful and beautiful piñatas. I have never had any trouble in Corona, and in fact I have found it fun to explore.

Keepin' it classic in Queens - YouTube

Old 02-12-2014, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
I don't really know the hot spots to avoid, but I have a suggestion. Your son might like the tortilla making machines at Tortilleria Nixtamal, which is owned by a NY firefighter. When I've been there, they seemed to like showing off the machines to visitors. The tacos are excellent too. It's not too far from the Ice King.

I wish I could remember where it is, but there's a huge store not that far away that sells all kinds of colorful and beautiful piñatas. I have never had any trouble in Corona, and in fact I have found it fun to explore.

Keepin' it classic in Queens - YouTube
Maybe when I go to Ice King they can tell me where it is.

Old 02-12-2014, 11:56 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
Quote:
Maybe when I go to Ice King they can tell me where it is.
The address of the Tortilla place is 104-05 47th Ave. Corona, NY. The pinata place looked more like a warehouse. I think it was more of a wholesale place but my memory is foggy. I'm not sure Ice King would know the pinata place but you could ask.

Old 02-13-2014, 03:48 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:

I really don't care about you or your son or what you do or where you go. Not my business or problem.

My statements, and those of other people on this forum stand. If you don't want to accept them, that's on you.

The OP asked in the title if Corona is one of the worst neighborhoods in Queens, and I answered yes. It's no Williamsburg.

Old 02-13-2014, 04:02 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,307,745 times
You guys are arguing over a bunch of nothing. Can't we in Queens just be proud that we live in a boro that doesn't have a crazy amount of crime like say other boros that start with the letter B. Corona, Jamaica and Far Rockaway all probably have the highest crime rates in Queens but when looking at how many murders they had last year they didn't even have half the number of murders that are recorded in the worst precincts of other boros. Jamaica precinct had 8 murders last year, south jamaica precinct had 7, and the Lefrak/Corona precinct had 6. Not a very big difference if you ask me. Far rockaway only had 3, so good for them (they must be soft). But Jamaica's totals really are not that elevated. Freaking Woodhaven had 7 and Ozone Park had 6.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City