Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2008, 08:10 AM

48 posts, read 100,430 times

Advertisements

I am going down for my medical on Thursday morning, can someone please refresh my memory and let me know what(any paperwork) I have to bring with me ?

Old 04-23-2008, 08:46 AM

9 posts, read 16,631 times
This is great the whole run and dump topic lets us hopefuls peek inside a bit. Im not on otj but i can see both sides but it is what it is. The one thing a few otj guys that i know have told me. Don't get to WRAPPED UP in the job, things change sometimes for the better, most times for the not so better. But they all say- all and all it is a great job and after the first 2 or 3 years i will see it.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:12 AM

26 posts, read 46,648 times
Default Paperwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie0021 View Post
I am going down for my medical on Thursday morning, can someone please refresh my memory and let me know what(any paperwork) I have to bring with me ?
You need to bring your initial pre-hire orientation letter. This is the letter that has your list number on top. You will need this form to get started with the medical process. Just to be safe I also brought the letter that had the date and time I was supposed to show up for the medical at 44 Beaver St.

Old 04-23-2008, 10:13 AM

48 posts, read 100,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by siMIKE View Post
You need to bring your initial pre-hire orientation letter. This is the letter that has your list number on top. You will need this form to get started with the medical process. Just to be safe I also brought the letter that had the date and time I was supposed to show up for the medical at 44 Beaver St.
Thanks siMike, I appreciate it....

Old 04-23-2008, 10:30 AM

65 posts, read 139,858 times
Hey OTJ Guys..I was just curious, I read a post someone put on here about how getting promoted to supervisor was a bad move and should have stayed a san man. Also my cousin who works in brooklyn became a foreman..and after a few months he hated it and went back to the truck...Whats so bad about being a supervisor? You obviously get paid more, but is the job that bad??

Old 04-23-2008, 10:45 AM

125 posts, read 266,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Tuesdays View Post
I forgot to also mention guys on the job will steal anything thats not tied down. I mean that seriously not joking. They will break anything nice ie TVs DVD players xbox if they cannot steal it. Get used to it. This is nothing like the NYPD or FDNY. I know guys that will not even give 5 bucks for flowers for someone in the garages family when they pass away.
thats grimy................

Old 04-23-2008, 11:03 AM

502 posts, read 1,008,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwoodz56 View Post
SORRY SAL, I KNOW U HAD SOME TROUBLE WITH IT....I WAS IN AND OUT OF THERE IN 10 MIN. i DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH MY EARS SO IT WAS PRETTY EASY, BUT IM GLAD TO HEAR EVERYTHING WORKED OUT FOR U.
Thanks a lot.......

Old 04-23-2008, 11:05 AM

502 posts, read 1,008,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulie0021 View Post
Just bring your I.D. and the paper they gave you when you left the orientation....

Old 04-23-2008, 11:07 AM

39 posts, read 121,762 times
Default Failed!!!!

I just got a call from Floyd Bennett saying not to come to the training course Monday because I failed the medical. I dont know how the f*ck thats possible. I dont take drugs I know I didnt fail that.I was color blind but so wat???? Fail b/c of it? Also I had two seizures but they were over a year ago and my neurologist wrote me all kinds of clearances so I dont know how this could happen. All I could think is that they never recieved my DMV clearance yet.....

Mike Prusinski, List # 135

Old 04-23-2008, 11:24 AM

125 posts, read 266,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPrus View Post
I just got a call from Floyd Bennett saying not to come to the training course Monday because I failed the medical. I dont know how the f*ck thats possible. I dont take drugs I know I didnt fail that.I was color blind but so wat???? Fail b/c of it? Also I had two seizures but they were over a year ago and my neurologist wrote me all kinds of clearances so I dont know how this could happen. All I could think is that they never recieved my DMV clearance yet.....

Mike Prusinski, List # 135
sorry to hear that Mike.................. it's not the end of the world......... i'm sure you'll find something else. good luck and God bless
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City