Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 09:22 AM

75 posts, read 112,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
Its hogwash because everyone on the planet has African DNA, if you believe the science of genetics can solve crimes, determine paternity of a child, and stuff like that. People with MDD come in all colors. A 'shade of skin tone' does not determine intelligence.
You've created a few strawman arguments here to go with your logical fallacies.

"everyone on the planet has African DNA" - so? Even if they did that proves nothing about our current genetic differences, of which there are many.

"A 'shade of skin tone' does not determine intelligence" - again, no one ever stated this to be the case. Race differences in average IQ are largely genetic. Why Do We Keep Writing About Intelligence? An IQ FAQ | VDARE.com

Old 03-30-2014, 09:28 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,150,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltNYC View Post
Every country has things they are not proud of but it's insane that we pretend that slavery was just an American thing. There are millions of slaves in the world today. Only white Europeans tried to put a stop to the practice. The descendants of American slaves are lucky to be in the US and not born in West Africa and America has the most prosperous blacks in the world.

The same amount of slaves were taken from West Africa to the middle east by Muslim slave traders but where are their descendants? Millions died going through the Sahara desert on their way to the middle east, a similar "middle passage" death toll to the Atlantic slave trade. The others who made it to slavery in the middle east were castrated so they left no progeny. These same people thrived in numbers in the American South unlike their unlucky cousins who were on the harsher Brazilian and Caribbean sugar slavery plantations.

My favorite part was in the 60's clowns like Muhammed Ali (Cassius Clay) and Kareem Abdul Jabbar (Lew Al Cindor) took Muslim names to get rid of their "slaver" names. What a joke as the Muslim slavers are the ones who stole their animistic ancestors and sold them into European slavery.

If the Black American community were all disciplined and followed people like Bill Cosby and acted like much of the African and Carribbean blacks did in terms of education and acting with common sense then they would be in much better shape.

See Steve Sailer's review of "12 Years A Slave" which is historically inaccurate but millions of brainwashed lemmings view this as real history:
New Movie, Same Old Skin Game - Taki's Magazine

As for the 'white Europeans', could you expand on that a bit please?

Whites, especially women, have been being 'Shang-hai'd" into some form of slavery since the dawn of time, along with any other colors group members. Although the movie may be primarily fiction, that part is pure fact.

In the USA and West Indies in more modern times, whites, indigenous people, and Africans have all served time as slaves. All groups have also had a hand at owning slaves. Levitcus is dedicated to Levitical Law, including rules for treatment of different classes of slaves. No one can truely claim they have not participated.

Even today, as you rightly point out, anyone can go to Sudan and other African countries and buy a slave.

P.S. This is also going way off-topic, lol

Old 03-30-2014, 09:41 AM

5,146 posts, read 4,980,045 times
Quote:
You've created a few strawman arguments here to go with your logical fallacies.

"everyone on the planet has African DNA" - so? Even if they did that proves nothing about our current genetic differences, of which there are many.

"A 'shade of skin tone' does not determine intelligence" - again, no one ever stated this to be the case. Race differences in average IQ are largely genetic. Why Do We Keep Writing About Intelligence? An IQ FAQ | VDARE.com
do not give genes more cridit than they deserve.

if genetics is so all mighty, a lot of the life threadtening diseases would be more curable than they are.

there are performace gap among siblings, including twins, which is widely common. how do you explain that?

also, high iq does not equate good+productive citizens. a society does not need all genius citizens to be functional. in my honest opinion, japnese ppl are not that exceptionally inteligent but extremely deligent, which makes japan stand out.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
As for the 'white Europeans', could you expand on that a bit please?

Whites, especially women, have been being 'Shang-hai'd" into some form of slavery since the dawn of time, along with any other colors group members. Although the movie may be primarily fiction, that part is pure fact.

In the USA and West Indies in more modern times, whites, indigenous people, and Africans have all served time as slaves. All groups have also had a hand at owning slaves. Levitcus is dedicated to Levitical Law, including rules for treatment of different classes of slaves. No one can truely claim they have not participated.

Even today, as you rightly point out, anyone can go to Sudan and other African countries and buy a slave.

P.S. This is also going way off-topic, lol

"As for the 'white Europeans', could you expand on that a bit please?" The French and the British were the first in the world to try to halt the slave trade. Hence white Europeans were the first group to attempt to end slavery worldwide. White Americans also fought a civil war and lost over 600,000 men primarily over the question of slavery.

"Whites, especially women, have been being 'Shang-hai'd" into some form of slavery since the dawn of time, along with any other colors group members. Although the movie may be primarily fiction, that part is pure fact." Yes, a few million White Europeans were stolen into slavery by North Africans and other muslims. From 1530 and 1780 a million or more were stolen from Europe to serve in North Africa and the middle east. This doesn't count the millions of white European slaves stolen from the Balkans by the Ottoman Muslim Turkic peoples to serve in the middle east.

Old 03-30-2014, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
do not give genes more cridit than they deserve.

if genetics is so all mighty, a lot of the life threadtening diseases would be more curable than they are.

there are performace gap among siblings, including twins, which is widely common. how do you explain that?

also, high iq does not equate good+productive citizens. a society does not need all genius citizens to be functional. in my honest opinion, japnese ppl are not that exceptionally inteligent but extremely deligent, which makes japan stand out.
I'll be sure to write in an ee cummings, no caps style, and not give genetics any "cridit" even though genetics are of supreme importance.

The Japanese have a very high group average IQ and are productive citizens. They are in fact exceptionally intelligent on average. Equatorial Guinea has the lowest average IQ at 59 and you'd rather take their citizens to forge a new nation over the Japanese?

That's fine. I'll take the Yankees while you get the Royals and we will see who has a better chance of winning the World Series.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:08 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,150,243 times
Quote:
"As for the 'white Europeans', could you expand on that a bit please?" The French and the British were the first in the world to try to halt the slave trade. Hence white Europeans were the first group to attempt to end slavery worldwide. White Americans also fought a civil war and lost over 600,000 men primarily over the question of slavery.

"Whites, especially women, have been being 'Shang-hai'd" into some form of slavery since the dawn of time, along with any other colors group members. Although the movie may be primarily fiction, that part is pure fact." Yes, a few million White Europeans were stolen into slavery by North Africans and other muslims. From 1530 and 1780 a million or more were stolen from Europe to serve in North Africa and the middle east. This doesn't count the millions of white European slaves stolen from the Balkans by the Ottoman Muslim Turkic peoples to serve in the middle east.
Okie dokie - remember Koda-chrome:

"When I think back to all the crap I learned in high school, its a wonder I can think at all", sang Paul Simon.

Americans, including blacks, on both sides did not start fighting the Civil War over slavery. In fact, it took Lincoln two full years into the war to make the abolishment of slavery an issue in his Gettysburg Address, which is a point raised by even many African-American scholars.

The war was started over moving the base of power in the US from the Agrarian-South to the Industrial-North. A move that was inevitable to happen, as we can now see, whether there was ever a war over it or not.

Why do you think the Union soldiers bothered to take the time to "change the face of the Shenandoah Valley forever", and take the time and expense to sow salt in the fields of every Southern state they could. No money - no power, which is no different than today.

Lincoln needed European funding two years into the Civil War, and the moral viewpoint he used to try gain it was the abolition of slavery. What did the industrial North need slaves for? They had unlimited immigrants from the impoverished of Europe, that they neither had to feed nor house to sweat it out in their factories.

Golly gee, it was sure nice of Britain to try to end American Slavery, after America has won its freedom from them, and after they had made their money off it, wasnt it, lol? I cannot comment on the French viewpoint, as I know very little from that perspective.

America began ending its own African Slavery by making it illegal to import more Africans in the 1830's or 1840's, long before the Civil War. 88,000+ Irish were sent by England to serve as slaves in the West Indies. Interesting you dont mention them with a handle like "Celt". But, as said before, we are going right off-topic.

That site seems bigoted to one side to me, but I will have to look at more thoroughly to make an informed judgement on it. What little I did read had my mind go to Plato's Allegory of the Cave.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:16 AM

5,146 posts, read 4,980,045 times
Quote:
I'll be sure to write in an ee cummings, no caps style, and not give genetics any "cridit" even though genetics are of supreme importance.

The Japanese have a very high group average IQ and are productive citizens. They are in fact exceptionally intelligent on average. Equatorial Guinea has the lowest average IQ at 59 and you'd rather take their citizens to forge a new nation over the Japanese?

That's fine. I'll take the Yankees while you get the Royals and we will see who has a better chance of winning the World Series.
Another way to look upon this is that the Japnese etc acttively exercise on their brains therefore they score higher on iq tests; whereas africans work more on their physical abilities therefore they tend to be better athletes. this is a long term accumulative effets you see. the difference does not prove that africans have no potential in increasing their brain power in the form of iq tests, if they are subjected to additional intellectual training as the japneses has gone through for generations. and vice versa for the japnese in sports events.

Most layman of genetics consider that they have found a secret weapon to explain issues associated with life, love, hate, death, etc, which often is incomplete at the best. be glad that there are ppl like me who are willing to explain it in plain albeit broken english so hopefully you will start reconsidering your positions...

Old 03-30-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Okie dokie - remember Koda-chrome:

"When I think back to all the crap I learned in high school, its a wonder I can think at all", sang Paul Simon.

Americans, including blacks, on both sides did not start fighting the Civil War over slavery. In fact, it took Lincoln two full years into the war to make the abolishment of slavery an issue in his Gettysburg Address, which is a point raised by even many African-American scholars.
I didn't read past this as if your thesis were true about the north-south industrial/agrarian dynamic leading to the war then why didn't southern states secede when Calhoun wanted to in 1832? All the conditions were there minus the slavery component which was much more of an issue by 1860. The south's seccesion was a gamble on their part to keep slavery hence it was codified in the constitution of the CSA. The Civil War was over slavery and state's rights but if it were just about state's rights then the south would have seceded in 1832, which they didn't.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:32 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,493,788 times
Quote:
What's with liberals that makes them deficient when understanding the law of averages? Of course there are many Black and Hispanics who are intelligent. No one ever disputed that and no one ever makes that argument so that's a strawman.

Go read Murray's work in "The Bell Curve" and read Vdare and Taki's Mag. I don't buy that you people like you really don't understand the genetics "hogwash" which is really just the natural, genetic truth. You just don't want to acknowledge the truth as it's not politically correct.
Heh, you're funny dude. Does your supposedly superior genes give you some sort of superpower that allows you to infer someone's political leanings from a post that revealed absolutely nothing of the sort politically? It's typical and hilarious that if you don't agree with certain things, that makes you a "liberal". Sorry, not everyone marches to the same drum and toes a line. Not everyone fits into boxes, thankyouverymuch.

Now, to get to the meat of your post. The assertion was that Blacks and Hispanics are genetically not capable to pass standardized tests or do well academically. I'll reiterate, that's a crock of bull**** and I'm growing weary of keep having to repeat the same reasons why. I've composed enough posts on here to back up my position. If you're too lazy to read them then that's your problem. There's nothing strawman about it. I have yet to see any real conclusive, scientific proof that being born a particular race means that you will be unable to pass exams and you fail in school. The works that you cited are anything but unbiased, written by people who have clear eugenic agendas. Those aren't authoritative sources at all. What is pretty clear is that environment and socio-economic status play a big role in the future success of children. In my school district, blacks score about the same as whites because all things are pretty equal. Both groups come from similar socio-economic groups and come from the same neighborhoods. Most of the poorer performing schools have a high percentage of economically disadvantaged, and this includes White, Black, and Hispanic kids. Though, thanks to the strides of some of the schools' administrations, there are more lower income people now passing the exams than years past. And Hispanics are not a race. They can be of any race. I am not racially pure, so if there is a gene out there that is tied to a specific race, then the waters are muddied.

Political correctness or not, I am not acknowledging bull****. If that's what you think to be the "natural, genetic truth" and it makes you sleep at night, so be it. Ultimately, I don't care. NYWriterdude is right, I don't have to prove anything to people like you. I can give two ****s about what you think is the truth..it doesn't affect me in the least because I know that I can hold my own intellectually and your "truth" doesn't really change that.

Old 03-30-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Heh, you're funny dude. Does your supposedly superior genes give you some sort of superpower that allows you to infer someone's political leanings from a post that revealed absolutely nothing of the sort politically? It's typical and hilarious that if you don't agree with certain things, that makes you a "liberal". Sorry, not everyone marches to the same drum and toes a line. Not everyone fits into boxes, thankyouverymuch.
Thanks for realizing I can be humorous. Your inane and trite thoughts on genetics are politically correct and therefore liberal by nature. You're caught up in a matrix like politically correct world so I'm not going to waste my time with your easily disproven theories as they have been debunked by James Watson, Murray and many others.

No one stated that nurture is not an important component to human development but nature in the form of genetics and IQ are more predictive of group achievement. When we bring up Hispanic or Latino we typically mean mestizos (mixed European-Indian, even some black) or indio (native American) types but you are correct in that white Europeans are also mixed in there.

My theories and observations are closer to what the reality we see play out in the everyday world. Therefore how can your theories be more correct? You live in a magical rainbow unicorn land. Congratulations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City