Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2014, 03:16 PM

10 posts, read 22,214 times

Advertisements

er.. try some of the hippest cafes in the upper west side?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2014, 03:41 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycman9 View Post
Amen to all that! It amazes me each and every time I see beautiful 10 women, most of times Dominicans and PuertoRicans chick with ghetto, metro or Dominican style dressed men that seemed they didn’t get pass 7th grade and most don’t even have gainful employment. I was even told once by a pr chick I used to know that I didn’t look ghetto enough and mind you she met her last bf at a shelter she stayed at.
This is what I realized, that local women are a different extreme than transient women. On one hand as long as you have a job doing whatever its ok even if your making minimum wage, just as long as she finds you physically attractive. On the other hand Transient women want to know about college alma mater, finances, what neighborhood you live in, what type of job or career you have. All I know is that if your stuck somewhere in the middle of this range as a guy, you will be in trouble not meeting women but getting dates and trying to pursue relationships.

Old 04-17-2014, 05:19 PM

863 posts, read 1,129,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous725 View Post
All the young single women I met at MeetUp groups are career oriented and would drop you for a $50/week pay rise and position promotion.
This is the truth. In addition, one of the first questions upon meeting these new women at Meetups are, "What do you do?"

OP, if you're a moderately attractive white guy, you should be able to meet women anywhere. Since you're not working, you'd probably be able to at least sleep with the career-oriented ones. Since you're unemployed, you'll probably do great with the hipster chicks. Go to Williamsburg and/or Bushwick and you'll have no problem finding someone.

Old 04-17-2014, 06:16 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,862,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rs4 fan View Post
Go to Williamsburg and/or Bushwick and you'll have no problem finding someone.
How would you pull this off?

Old 04-17-2014, 08:19 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,208,157 times
Get thee a Goldman Sachs expense account and head thee on to meatpacking.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:01 PM

9 posts, read 16,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This is what I realized, that local women are a different extreme than transient women. On one hand as long as you have a job doing whatever its ok even if your making minimum wage, just as long as she finds you physically attractive. On the other hand Transient women want to know about college alma mater, finances, what neighborhood you live in, what type of job or career you have. All I know is that if your stuck somewhere in the middle of this range as a guy, you will be in trouble not meeting women but getting dates and trying to pursue relationships.
I have scored transplant broads by putting on a gold chain, tactical boots, and a thick New York accent. Many transplant women go through a slumming phase and want to sleep with the dangerous criminal locals something they stereotype local men as. My friend was rolling in transplant women because he sold drugs to the gentrifying type. However this woman got mad at him and he now lives in Sing Sing. Many transplants have a work hard play hard mentality and that makes for interesting times in bed but actual relationships are horrible. they are hard to relate to. They don't understand the passions and struggles of locals. They don;t understand the nihilism this place breeds.

Old 04-17-2014, 09:13 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,557,081 times
not this again wrong section

Old 04-17-2014, 09:35 PM

1,092 posts, read 1,557,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Meeting women in NYC is fairly easy except on the subway and other tightly cramped places unless you are extremely good looking which you presume that you are.

In Manhattan below 103rd street, gentry parts of West brooklyn and Queens money matters for women in these areas, regardless if they are Wasp, Jewish, Careerist minority type or transient Careerist types fresh out of college from the cul de sacs. Money is important for women in these areas I have mentioned. For one most of these women are trying to maintain a lifestyle they are used to or accustomed too. Also these types of women in these areas carry a heavy load of debt from college, having a meaningful guy to assist them might be important and a key priority. Last these women in these areas I have mentioned are career oriented, so its best that you the op also be career oriented if not you might just end up being a friend with some benefits. Since you have no job and no assists its best to try to avoid these types of women I have mentioned unless if you plan on doing FWB NSA thing. As what Steve Job says at the end of his keynote," one more thing". You don't have to be good looking, but just be fit and fashionable!

The outer boroughs are different. Bronx, Northern Manhattan, Most of Brooklyn, Queens and Staten Island, women in these areas not moneyed types. Also these women do not need a mans money, often women in the outer boroughs work and have some sort of job even though it pays them chump change. A 100k salary is not going to impress a Bronx or a typical Brooklyn chick, you can even be a millionaire and chicks in these areas I have mentioned will still keep their legs closed, why? Most of these women in Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Northern Manhattan date guys and fall into relationships with who they find physically attractive. So being good looking is key to being with women from the outer boroughs. I know guys who are on SSI get women on the fly, and these women are happy to be with them. Also have sense of style like ghetto, Guido, Dominican style, I hope you like Air Jordan's and sky blue jeans. Also women in the outer borough have a high school mentality which is very unique to NYC, this type of attitude exist all the way into their forties. Most important thing about women in the outer boroughs is a guy that they find good looking.

My best bet is to try and be yourself, if a woman accepts you for who you are than go for it. If she is stuck up and shallow than give her the middle finger!

Seriously what is this ****?

First of all, most living in gentrified areas are wealthy. All anyone needs to do to call this BS is just skim first paragraph especially the part about the college brats. Secondly, most who live there are actually middle age and um yeah I don't think people living in 400K-$10m homes are um broke or in need of any assistance. You actually told him to go look for gold diggers genius No better yet you told him to look for a sugar mama since most living in gentrified or affluent neighborhoods are in their 30s or 40s look it up.

Oh and your perception of African American/ Hispanic relationships is hilarious lol just hilarious. Most definitely. Black and Hispanic women do not care about a man's bank roll lol just stop talking out of your ass please. Jamie wasn't lying when he said, "She take my MONAAAAY, when I'm in need!"

Old 04-17-2014, 10:12 PM

863 posts, read 1,129,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
How would you pull this off?
I don't think I could. I'm not white and reasonably attractive. Women there usually ignore me.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:17 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,041,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilksFavoriteCookie View Post
Seriously what is this ****?

First of all, most living in gentrified areas are wealthy. All anyone needs to do to call this BS is just skim first paragraph especially the part about the college brats. Secondly, most who live there are actually middle age and um yeah I don't think people living in 400K-$10m homes are um broke or in need of any assistance. You actually told him to go look for gold diggers genius No better yet you told him to look for a sugar mama since most living in gentrified or affluent neighborhoods are in their 30s or 40s look it up.

Oh and your perception of African American/ Hispanic relationships is hilarious lol just hilarious. Most definitely. Black and Hispanic women do not care about a man's bank roll lol just stop talking out of your ass please. Jamie wasn't lying when he said, "She take my MONAAAAY, when I'm in need!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2c32SvJf54
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: