Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2014, 07:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,197 times

Advertisements

So this may sound awful but i have been a migraine sufferer for years and it seems that the church on the opposite side of the street from my home seems to think we all should go to church three times a week with them. Not only is the service spoken totally in spanish but they have the audacity to bring chairs and bullhorns with musical equipment onto the side of the building and preach for hours!!!! Singing to the top of theirs lungs off key and awfully on top of it... and i can say that not one of its members live in the immediate area !!!!!!! Barring spraying them all with my water hose i guess i might as well take a course in spanish along with my migraine meds and join the congregation. It is now nearly 10pm and i have to be up by 4:30 am and go to work all the while the are still yelling and i guess what they call singing...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 07:55 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,600,622 times
Earplugs?

Old 06-20-2014, 08:10 PM

2,925 posts, read 2,601,832 times
Edibles,

I'm Christian and I'm sorry that you're having to deal with that. I'm a regular church attendee and I know there are some charismatic churches (English speaking, Ebonics speaking, Spanish speaking) that have outdoor revivals during the summer and the services last for hours going late into the night. I've attended some which is how I know; even walking by and stopping to listen to a Spanish outdoor revival service already in progress on Third Avenue in the Bronx last summer although I understand only a little Spanish. You could go out and speak to one of the ministry assistants (male or female) and explain about your migraines and how noise escalates it. They may offer to pray for your migraines on the spot (I know of some people who have been healed of various illnesses, migraines, cancers, disabilities, etc.) or they will speak to the pastor after the service. Once he/she is notified, hopefully a respectful decision will be made that is beneficial to you and the ministry. I'm very sorry to hear you're suffering. Hopefully something good comes out of this.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:19 PM

518 posts, read 828,713 times
http://www.change.org/petitions/rect...s-institutions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City