Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2015, 12:07 PM

529 posts, read 728,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMan2k5 View Post
Yeah it matters. It's nobody's business what "we" make and you guys aren't part of the "we" yet.
You had a list number and the same questions before. You can't be mad cause someone wants to know info about the job. This is a life changing event for us that want to get on and are waiting. Don't forget where you come from

Old 10-11-2015, 12:18 PM

1,757 posts, read 2,149,257 times
LOL I went through the process and got hired by reading what the city mailed to me and followed the directions. Didn't have to go to a website like this and have my hand held step by step through the process like this new generation. I didn't need a pep talk from random anonymous people on a message board telling me what to do with my life. Didn't need to know every little detail about the job because it wasn't necessary. You learn about the job when you get the job. Now you have fools here asking what the locker rooms are like? LOL seriously??? You have people here now literally obsessing about this job 24/7 and they have NO CHANCE of getting it.

This place is a giant waste with the winners currently here. Joined up to try and help new guys get on, but this isn't worth it anymore. See ya later people enjoy your drama.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:41 PM

353 posts, read 472,311 times
Quote:
LOL I went through the process and got hired by reading what the city mailed to me and followed the directions. Didn't have to go to a website like this and have my hand held step by step through the process like this new generation. I didn't need a pep talk from random anonymous people on a message board telling me what to do with my life. Didn't need to know every little detail about the job because it wasn't necessary. You learn about the job when you get the job. Now you have fools here asking what the locker rooms are like? LOL seriously??? You have people here now literally obsessing about this job 24/7 and they have NO CHANCE of getting it.

This place is a giant waste with the winners currently here. Joined up to try and help new guys get on, but this isn't worth it anymore. See ya later people enjoy your drama.
Just because you are miserable doesn't mean everyone has to join your misery party. Sorry the job is not working out for you. Good Luck

Old 10-11-2015, 01:25 PM

All that cause someone asked about pay smh. What a clown!! If you don't like the questions being asked then don't answer them.

Old 10-11-2015, 01:44 PM

193 posts, read 417,209 times
There have been questions on this board since 2007. but honestly in the past most questions were relevant to guys getting on. Hiring questions, questions about junior/ senior garages, even run/ stay out questions all pertained to people close to being called. You guys with 4000+ list numbers are nuts. Theres almost zero chance you will ever be called, yet no matter how many people tell you this you still live in the delusion that enough people ahead of you will be d/q to give you a shot. And the questions..... supervisor questions, top pay, locker room gym facilities.... is there any wonder most of here are sick of the dumb as* questions? Who gives a crap what the gym equipment is like Ask that 4 years from now if your delusion turns into reality. Heres my advice:

1. when you get assigned to a garage, give it a chance before you put a transfer in
2. Never chase seniority.
3. Learn to read the board early on. Dont expect someones gonna tell you when youre being screwed
4. No matter how your garage does things when you go somewhere else, follow their house rules. At least on probation. Dont be a cowboy
5. Keep your mouth shut and your ears open.

Old 10-11-2015, 01:44 PM

713 posts, read 1,209,880 times
Any other military vets on here (this forum) that are on the job.

Old 10-11-2015, 02:00 PM

I agree. Some dudes with high list numbers ask dumb question. I'm in the top and the questions being asked help me with me personally asking them. But to have a attitude about pay scale is dumb to me. Even venom stopped with his dumb comments after being put in his place. I respect you guys job and getting myself ready to be a part of the strongest.

Old 10-11-2015, 02:21 PM

359 posts, read 467,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub718 View Post
I agree. Some dudes with high list numbers ask dumb question. I'm in the top and the questions being asked help me with me personally asking them. But to have a attitude about pay scale is dumb to me. Even venom stopped with his dumb comments after being put in his place. I respect you guys job and getting myself ready to be a part of the strongest.
I pretty much made only one dumb comments . Was mostly asking questions. I'm not sure it's. NegTive thing if people Are this interested in finding out all the nooks and crannies of the job .

Old 10-11-2015, 02:22 PM

359 posts, read 467,329 times
Quote:

What is NO CHANCE of getting it ? Just wondering

Old 10-11-2015, 02:31 PM

Venom after that comment you started asking regular questions. I made a dumb comment and it's good you admit it. Some other dudes just come here to start **** for no reason
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City