Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 08:18 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,547,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
Senate 7879
Assembly 10129
Rivera - June 16, 2014
------------------------
You can look it up and download the .pdf and read it.
For 2 years it has been in Rules. If the Senate flips to Dem majority? Then it might move. I called and talked to my own senator's office.

Great info. You know I never ever called my Senator's office. This will be a first for me. Do you hacve any idea why this is languishing in the Rules for so long?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2014, 08:22 AM

250 posts, read 269,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyvet1 View Post
Exactly what NYC needs, more radical extremists from Muslim nations residing there. I cannot believe how naive and liberal the north east has become and after 9/11, the same city that was attacked, is going to welcome more illegals with open arms?

The governor of New York said that people like myself who are pro-America, pro-gun, and patriotic are no longer welcome in New York because extreme conservatives are not what New Yorkers are.

First of all I'm not extreme conservative, I vote independent because both the conservative a liberal parties are full of hot air, and can we please get a president with a former military background.

Second of all I was born and raised in New York, so it's my home state too, I have a right to express my opinion.

So to the politicians of New York, you will criminalize your own citizens for being licensed gun owners but you will willingly allow illegals to have rights? In a city that's in a country that none of these folks belong to in the first place? What about national security threats?

In a recent article, based on an incident in Rochester New York, an Islamic man was planning to shoot and kill returning service members from overseas. This man was arrested however.

You know who you should be looking after New York? Your own citizens, not illegal aliens.
You know what the whole state of NY needs, more people with functioning brains who can think rationally for themselves.

And what criminalization of gun owners are you talking about? Please, tell me, I'm dying to know. You can still buy or sell a gun in the state of NY. What, you can't handle some regulations when it pertains to firearms? Gimmie a break. There are no restrictions here. Governor hasn't impeded the right to own a gun. You can still own a high powered assault rifle but it has to be registered with the state. And don't think of me as someone who is fan of Cuomo because I am not. I'm not an ideologue unlike some of you.

As for this thing with undocumented people, I all I know is that this city can't even afford to help it's own middle class/ working class out of the economic stupor that we find ourselves in so I don't know how this will work out. We are struggling with the resources we have to aid our working poor.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:39 AM

252 posts, read 607,880 times
thats my comment on this entire video.......

Old 09-18-2014, 03:23 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
Hey, you get paid $15 a day (I think?) when you're called to serve, so yeah, I can see them happily volunteering to do this civic duty.
I think it's up to $40 per day now.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:15 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,387,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
We're handing our country to whoever wants it in a breadbasket. Terrorists would be stupid to come here and die to advance their cause. If they just sit back for a few more years, we're doing it for them without a single shot being necessary.
Oh we still need to fire shots, the jihadists haven't paid the full price yet for 9/11.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:25 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,387,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nograviti View Post
Hmm a population largely made up of a illegal immigrants (given no native American signed off on any mass immigration to America), are now moaning about some additional immigration (Ahh the Irony)
I don't have anything against different ethnic backgrounds, what I am against is street gangs, drug cartels, terrorists, and illegals who take our benefits for free while the rest of us have to go and work for it. I'm not some racist hick, I'm talking about radical Islam extremists, not a family of 4 from India.

Heck my next door neighbors are Mexicans, I talk to them all the time, they got kids, they go to work, they're friendly.

Consider me a racist if you wish but I'm against ethnic groups that are threat to our national security, I am not against people who are from different countries or skin color.

Don't confuse what I'm trying to say, I find it ironic that the American flag offends so many people but our benefits don't.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:41 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,817,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
That's very hard to believe.
If you are referring to my post, it is the actual Senate Bill. Anything you want, you find out what the bill is called ( in this case "America is home" ) and search the State Senate OR Assembly by legislation pending.

If you find it hard to believe a legislator tacked on to every sentence ' and citizen of New York' for rights of legal residents, then please shake your head and reread it.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistertee View Post
Great info. You know I never ever called my Senator's office. This will be a first for me. Do you hacve any idea why this is languishing in the Rules for so long?
It is not languishing. I expect it is in Rules because the majority of the Senate does NOT want it.

Do you?

Legals, fine. But people who break laws to come? They would not get all these rights as lawbreakers. Why should they just get them handed to them.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Will the non-citizens be rquired to pass a written and a road test to get a driver's license? Or would that be considered discriminatory?
Read the Bill.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:59 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,547,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
It is not languishing. I expect it is in Rules because the majority of the Senate does NOT want it.

Do you?

Legals, fine. But people who break laws to come? They would not get all these rights as lawbreakers. Why should they just get them handed to them.

No way, that's why I posted this thread! I just not to familiar with the legislative process. I assumed being in the rules meants it was languishing but the end result sounds good to me as long as it doesn't get passed. I want the name of the politican who wrote this to be publicized everywhere....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City