Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2014, 10:04 PM

346 posts, read 383,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
What new divisions are here?

It's nothing that won't be forgotten by spring. It's not like anyone has an attention span. Back to what Paris Hilton and the Kardashians are doing.
I didn't say new divisions . I said a bigger division and its obvious with whats been going on in the streets.

Old 12-27-2014, 10:27 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,690,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
Same with me.
I would surmise times are a changing and the boys in blue are done.

Old 12-27-2014, 10:31 PM

2,228 posts, read 3,690,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
The mayor, as the elected leader and therefore representative of the people of a city, attends a funeral on their behalf. That is protocol. That is how it's done, in any city. For him NOT to go would be political.

This begs the point of who the police are really turning their backs on here, if the mayor represents the people of New York. Something to think about.
What do you mean? Only certain people are allowed to protest? Loot? Burn stores? I think it's great and doesn't go far enough.

BTW I agree 25k did NOT turned their backs. 99% of the crowd could never logistically see the screens. Only about a 1000 people could see the large screens in front of the church. So the fact that the crowd that could see the screens turned their backs, speaks volumes. I'm interested to see what comes. BTW the OP once wrote he was never cop. Now he claims to be a SGT. This was in one of his/her rants about Fireman. I got my info from from bosses at the funeral. The procession stretched blocks. God NY reporters have really gotten bad since the days of Breslin, McCalary, Daly and others. No wonder college kids think John Stewart and Colbert are really news reporters.

A city mile in an area is about 20 blocks ( For transplant reporters bottom feeding)

Last edited by Norwood Boy; 12-27-2014 at 10:45 PM..

Old 12-27-2014, 10:37 PM

557 posts, read 737,210 times
Deblassio is a communist with a racist wife and drug addict for kid. It's time he resign the city is out of control. Cops from around the country all turned their backs not just NYPD . They gave the mayor the same support he gave them which is none. Bring back Guiliani to clean the streets of those protesters .

Old 12-27-2014, 11:09 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannik508 View Post
I didn't say new divisions . I said a bigger division and its obvious with whats been going on in the streets.
There was the protests against the war and the Republican convention, against Occupy Wall Street, and Stop and Frisk under Bloomberg in case you missed all that.

So how is this division any bigger?

You don't seem to be going out of your way to talk or reconcile with differing viewpoints. Could you be part of the problem?

Some simple things could tone done the rhetoric on both sides. Policemen should be required to wear body cameras. That's why there's actual evidence of what really happens. Video camera evidence has shown cases in which police shootings are justified and it would also show wrong doing by cops. In short every incident could be judged on it's individual merits.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
Rudy knows if this spirals further out of control the streets will be a war zone. No one wants that.
Rudy has said he is also fine with all cops being required to wear body cameras as he believes it would show the majority of police actions are justified (and pick out which ones are not).

So if Giuliani himself can come up with solutions on how to move forward given the current political climate, why don't you guys? Why not be constructive rather than destructive?

Old 12-27-2014, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxrider View Post
Deblassio is a communist with a racist wife and drug addict for kid. It's time he resign the city is out of control. Cops from around the country all turned their backs not just NYPD . They gave the mayor the same support he gave them which is none. Bring back Guiliani to clean the streets of those protesters .
Jed Bush's daughter got arrested for forging prescriptions and for crack cocaine. George W. Bush had his own substance abuse issues, as did his daughter. As did former Presidents Clinton and Obama.

Substance abuse exists in the majority if not all families at some point. You'd be hard pressed to find a family where no one ever smoke, drank, did drugs, or took prescription pills for mental illness.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:20 PM

19,054 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwood Boy View Post
What do you mean? Only certain people are allowed to protest? Loot? Burn stores? I think it's great and doesn't go far enough.

BTW I agree 25k did NOT turned their backs. 99% of the crowd could never logistically see the screens. Only about a 1000 people could see the large screens in front of the church. So the fact that the crowd that could see the screens turned their backs, speaks volumes. I'm interested to see what comes. BTW the OP once wrote he was never cop. Now he claims to be a SGT. This was in one of his/her rants about Fireman. I got my info from from bosses at the funeral. The procession stretched blocks. God NY reporters have really gotten bad since the days of Breslin, McCalary, Daly and others. No wonder college kids think John Stewart and Colbert are really news reporters.

A city mile in an area is about 20 blocks ( For transplant reporters bottom feeding)
I was no where near the church and everyone I could see turned. I'm not familiar with the area, but I was at the intersection of Cooper and Cypress Hills. How far is that?

As to my employment, I'm not stupid enough to come right out and say what I do. You can disbelieve everything I say for all I care, it's not really a big thing. That said, I am not a PO. If I said "cop" in the past, that's the same thing as PO to those in law enforcement. We don't call everyone "cop"; we respect the chain of command, and cops should be proud of their rank.

Old 12-27-2014, 11:34 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,917,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I was no where near the church and everyone I could see turned. I'm not familiar with the area, but I was at the intersection of Cooper and Cypress Hills. How far is that?

As to my employment, I'm not stupid enough to come right out and say what I do. You can disbelieve everything I say for all I care, it's not really a big thing. That said, I am not a PO. If I said "cop" in the past, that's the same thing as PO to those in law enforcement. We don't call everyone "cop"; we respect the chain of command, and cops should be proud of their rank.
You were about 2-3 blocks from the church. I saw some pics from there, there was a screen to show the speeches, and I saw everyone had their backs turned.

I was on the other side on Myrtle Avenue.

Old 12-28-2014, 05:00 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WithDisp View Post
Do I smell a 0% raise coming up for the next 6 years?
And they deserve every penny.

Any cop who turns his back on his top CIVILIAN officer should be summarily fired.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City