Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 05:00 PM

3,928 posts, read 4,909,219 times

Advertisements

Some forums have stricter moderators than other forums. The new Portland moderator doesn't allow personal attacks which has curbed the bickering and intimidation by bully posters. This is not Craigslist Rants And Raves!

Old 12-27-2014, 06:32 PM

814 posts, read 911,629 times
I don't really find it concerning who is paying who for what.

Old 12-27-2014, 06:37 PM

1,653 posts, read 2,308,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankeemama View Post
Some forums have stricter moderators than other forums. The new Portland moderator doesn't allow personal attacks which has curbed the bickering and intimidation by bully posters. This is not Craigslist Rants And Raves!
This is NY lady. Weakness among posters will not be tolerated. I compare this forum to a prison yard. You wanna survive bring a pair of fists and a shank.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:01 PM

814 posts, read 911,629 times
I love bully posters, I go right after them. The ones I dislike the most are the pretentious, I won't mention any names but there are 2 of them who I find joy in engaging. Ones condescending and the other comes across as a pretentious jackass.

And you know on these forums nobody really knows, the two mentioned above could be the greatest persons you ever met in real life, but on this forum you would think otherwise.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
This is NY lady. Weakness among posters will not be tolerated. I compare this forum to a prison yard. You wanna survive bring a pair of fists and a shank.
No, oh kind Sir, it's a forum that has rules. Sorry, NYC Forum has to follow them too! I lived in Manhattan for over 15 years and I never had to lift my fists. Violence is not for everyone and many NYers would take issue with your beliefs, as well.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
No, oh kind Sir, it's a forum that has rules. Sorry, NYC Forum has to follow them too! I lived in Manhattan for over 15 years and I never had to lift my fists. Violence is not for everyone and many NYers would take issue with your beliefs, as well.
And now you don't live here. What's that old saying if you can make it here you can make it anywhere? Well I have made it here and you ran off. Bye bye.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
And now you don't live here. What's that old saying if you can make it here you can make it anywhere? Well I have made it here and you ran off. Bye bye.
You seem to make a great deal of assumptions on this forum. First off, I lived in Manhattan, not Staten Island, which is considerly cheaper than anywhere in Manhattan, or Brooklyn, for that matter. Secondly, my father's family came to NYC generations ago. Thirdly, my husband had an incredible opportunity to move us back to the West coast, which is where we both grew up. We can visit NYC anytime and I have extensive family sprinkled through out the Tri- State except for Staten Island. My family actually still has an apartment in the city that my siblings and I use. So, actually, I am not a resident anymore but I still own a piece of NYC. Lucky me.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:25 PM

Quote:
You seem to make a great deal of assumptions on this forum. First off, I lived in Manhattan, not Staten Island, which is considerly cheaper than anywhere in Manhattan, or Brooklyn, for that matter. Secondly, my father's family came to NYC generations ago. Thirdly, my husband had an incredible opportunity to move us back to the West coast, which is where we both grew up. We can visit NYC anytime and I have extensive family sprinkled through out the Tri- State except for Staten Island. My family actually still has an apartment in the city that my siblings and I use. So, actually, I am not a resident anymore but I still own a piece of NYC. Lucky me.
Blah blah blah. Thanks for the biography. I could go into the depths of my family history and origins of this city but I won't because who cares. This is a message board not the history channel.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:26 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,135,160 times
Quote:
What is a 'shank'? I don't know how to use Google to find out what a word means, so I am forced to ask in this thread. If 'shank' is something only bad people use, I hope you understand that means the reason you know that word and I don't is because we are from different social circles.

Old 12-27-2014, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by henna View Post
what is a 'shank'? I don't know how to use google to find out what a word means, so i am forced to ask in this thread. If 'shank' is something only bad people use, i hope you understand that means the reason you know that word and i don't is because we are from different social circles.
lol TV taught me a lot about prison, just like Law and Order taught me all about the law,NYPD blue and chips taught me how to be a cop and ER taught me how to be a doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: