Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2015, 09:49 PM

1,293 posts, read 1,218,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelcoreXD View Post
So as you all probably know, guns in NYC aren't easy to get by any measure and it only seems to be getting harder by the day. If I myself wanted to get a concealed weapon to carry for my own personal safety, what are my chances of being rejected if I were to go through the whole legal process of carrying a concealed firearm? To be plain and simple, I want a gun for my own personal protection.. and honestly, it's my second amendment right. But hey, I guess it's not always that easy.

Anyone here been through the whole process? Would greatly appreciate any information that could help me get through this strenuous process.
You mean a LEGAL GUN? Cause contrary to what you're stating here it's not hard to get yourself a gun in NY. Who told you that, and why do you believe it? I mean if you want a legal gun, yeah. But who wants one of those with all the restrictions placed on them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2015, 10:25 PM

56 posts, read 75,361 times
@MotormanMike,

Thanks for the informative post, I highly appreciate the thorough and well elaborated information. I myself am a law biding citizen and will say that I am highly disappointed that the law has come this far. Again, in our US constitution, it is stated in the 2nd amendment, ""A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

If I am not able to buy myself a pistol, isn't this infringing my right as a citizen?

Old 01-04-2015, 10:44 PM

Quote:
@MotormanMike,

Thanks for the informative post, I highly appreciate the thorough and well elaborated information. I myself am a law biding citizen and will say that I am highly disappointed that the law has come this far. Again, in our US constitution, it is stated in the 2nd amendment, ""A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

If I am not able to buy myself a pistol, isn't this infringing my right as a citizen?
Well you have choices in NYC though. Don't be too discouraged:

Become a cop, then you can have a gun to defend yourself and others and you can pretty much do what you want.

Become a criminal and acquire them on the Black market

Read NYS's Constitution and deal with the fact that NYS is not, nor will it ever be a right to carry state the way you want it.

Finally, you could move to a pro gun state.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieG View Post
Well you have choices in NYC though. Don't be too discouraged:

Become a cop, then you can have a gun to defend yourself and others and you can pretty much do what you want.
Gotta admit, as sad and true as that statement is, that was actually a bit funny lol.

But in all honesty, I feel very let down. Never knew it was going to be this hard to even THINK about trying to get a gun in NYC.

Old 01-04-2015, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Gotta admit, as sad and true as that statement is, that was actually a bit funny lol.

But in all honesty, I feel very let down. Never knew it was going to be this hard to even THINK about trying to get a gun in NYC.
Think about it! LOL

New York won't go the way of the carry states.

Old 01-04-2015, 11:03 PM

Seems to be the case.

edit: you mean carry states where people can open carry? or just carry guns concealed? You probably meant 1 but just checkin! xD

Old 01-04-2015, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Seems to be the case.

edit: you mean carry states where people can open carry? or just carry guns concealed? You probably meant 1 but just checkin! xD
You got it! I apologize.....

Old 01-04-2015, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieG View Post
You got it! I apologize.....
Well, you gotta admit man, some people will walk around the neighborhood with pistols and rifles no matter where they are at. Hell, I think some states say you can open carry without even a permit. :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQwlfXdDDYA

This guy here likes to express some of that pro gun state freedom! LOL

Old 01-04-2015, 11:55 PM

19,049 posts, read 13,968,817 times
NY's gun laws are 100% Unconstitutional, but due to the 2nd Circuit's solidly anti-gun judges, that will not change unless SCOTUS forces states like ours to re-join the Republic, an unlikely scenario.

Old 01-05-2015, 03:53 AM

106,675 posts, read 108,856,202 times
Quote:
So as you all probably know, guns in NYC aren't easy to get by any measure and it only seems to be getting harder by the day. If I myself wanted to get a concealed weapon to carry for my own personal safety, what are my chances of being rejected if I were to go through the whole legal process of carrying a concealed firearm? To be plain and simple, I want a gun for my own personal protection.. and honestly, it's my second amendment right. But hey, I guess it's not always that easy.

Anyone here been through the whole process? Would greatly appreciate any information that could help me get through this strenuous process.
carry permits are really not available to the public . you can only get a residence permit. you can keep a loaded gun at home , go hunting or to an authorized nyc range . any time off premise and traveling must be locked up ,unloaded and only for the 2 reasons above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: