Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 01:07 AM

1 posts, read 3,896 times

Advertisements

I went for my interviewed June 3rd. They told me I should hear something back within 6-8 weeks. Im still waiting to hear back from them. So now, im just patiently waiting. Well trying to be lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2015, 03:03 AM

14 posts, read 37,319 times
Default Log #24k+ for Webster Commons and called for interview!!!!!!!!!

I would like to know what I can expect. I had applied for this lottery but when I noticed i had a log # of over 24,000, I decided NOT to hold my breath!! Needless to say I was surprised when I checked my e-mail and there was a notice from Webster Commons about missing the initial interview appt. To this day I'm denying I got any notification, but grateful that a follow-up email was sent. Any way, I found out about the interview less than 24hours before it was to happen and I had to scrambled to get all the needed documents. I was missing a few documents (i.e. my youngest child's birth certificate, my 18 year old social security card and state I.D, and my transfer voucher). The gentlemen took all my information and the money for the credit check along with the tons of required documents. I was told the process take 6-8 weeks and that this week they'll start processing my information, if anything is needed, I would receive notification. My interview was 8/23/2015. I have ordered the necessary documents and NYCHA approved my emergency Sec 8 transfer 8/27/15. Since I am new to this, I would like to get any information possible. With a log# so high, is there a good chance that I'll get the apt? Anyone get an approval yet? Move-in date? Me and my children really need this and I feel like it's definitely a blessing from up above, thank you Jesus!!

Thanks in advance for any info!!

Old 09-13-2015, 06:38 PM

Default Any approvals yet?? Log# 24,***!!

Did anyone get approved for the apartments yet? I drove pass the complex, but it's still under construction!! I had my interview on 8/23 and was told the standard 6-8 weeks. How can I check the progression?

Old 09-14-2015, 09:46 AM

14 posts, read 37,370 times
I went on 8/19/2015 and also was told I have to wait 6-8 weeks , haven't heard anything yet, Cross Fingers

Old 09-15-2015, 02:33 PM

Yes, my fingers and toes are crossed tOo!!!!!

Old 09-17-2015, 12:12 PM

4 posts, read 10,366 times
I had my interview back in July and I just got contacted asking for more documents. I'm anxious to find out how much longer

Old 09-18-2015, 08:54 AM

13 posts, read 32,472 times
Has anybody got approve for the apartment yet ? I went on the interview may 13th, they sent my package to get approve I'm still waiting.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:18 PM

How can I get in contact with Wavecrest to find out if my file was sent for approval? It's been 5 weeks already and I haven't heard anything. Is that necessarily a bad or good thing? I'm up for the 3bdrm!!!

Old 09-24-2015, 12:12 PM

2 posts, read 6,652 times
I went for my interview on 9/3/15 and I am still waiting to hear back from Wavecrest Management. They stated that I would hear from someone in 2-3 weeks from that date but I have not yet heard anything. I sent a follow-up email to the person who sent the invitation for the interview but I have not heard any responses from her either.

Old 09-24-2015, 10:24 PM

I went for my interview on 8/13 and was told 6-8 weeks for a response.. I have called and e-mailed to no avail! I think it's because the bldg isn't opened yet. Some say "no news is good news"! I'm going to speak with HR in the a.m to see if they received a verification of employment from Wavecrest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery