Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 11:40 AM

1,369 posts, read 1,254,172 times

Advertisements

[quote=beanniebaby7;39663305][quote=nyctc7;39652202]It's a shame, as I loved dogs growing up in NYC, but now as I approach senior citizen status, I find myself less and less enamored of man's best friend.

People have probably been spoiling their pets (as opposed to working animals) since time immemorial. But in the last 20 years or so, it's become absurd...gourmet dog food, luxury doggie day care, people equating the responsibility of owning a dog to raising a human child. And when I was a kid nobody I knew ever heard of a pit bull.

Where I lived (both Manhattan and Brooklyn) people where pretty good about picking up after their dogs, but would let their dogs urinate anywhere. Just outside the entrance to a building, anywhere. It "pissed" me off.[/QUO

This is very true urin carries air born germs the poop a person can see,but urin you can't see especially when it's dry.🐕🐩QUOTE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 12:52 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times
The worst (by a long shot) I've seen hasn't been anywhere in Brooklyn, but in the Bronx along streets adjacent to Grand Concourse. Truly disgusting . . . I couldn't believe my eyes (and nose)!

Old 05-18-2015, 01:50 PM

653 posts, read 783,739 times
Yes, this is true.... I could never comprehend it either. Why can't people pick up after their dogs?!?! I was raised in the Bronx and walking on the sidewalk is like avoiding land mines. Dudes just let their Pitbulls **** on the sidewalk and walk away like nothing. If you can't look after your pet, you shouldn't have one!! I'm sorry, but some people are just F-ING PARASITES of society!!

Old 05-19-2015, 10:36 AM

18,472 posts, read 31,643,914 times
My partner was walking down a street in our neighborhood in bath beach and a Muslin woman was walking her dog, and the dog pooped and she started to walk away. My partner said: You are going to pick that up arent you?, she said to him, mind your own business.
Well, that is the wrong thing to say to a gay man.
he then yelled out hey everybody, this ****ing pig just let her dog take a **** and is going to leav it there in there on the sidewalk. people started to look, and she got embarrassed and got somethng to clean it up with.

he then when back over to her, and said: I don't know what you people do in your country but we dont do stuff like that here, you f-in- pig !!!!

i wish I was there, I would have paid to see that

Old 05-19-2015, 10:45 AM

6,470 posts, read 16,405,309 times
STILL after all these years? I have nightmares of stepping in dog crap when I was a kid. I guess they don't care. Or maybe they think it is OK because its biodegradable.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:15 AM

653 posts, read 783,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
My partner was walking down a street in our neighborhood in bath beach and a Muslin woman was walking her dog, and the dog pooped and she started to walk away. My partner said: You are going to pick that up arent you?, she said to him, mind your own business.
Well, that is the wrong thing to say to a gay man.
he then yelled out hey everybody, this ****ing pig just let her dog take a **** and is going to leav it there in there on the sidewalk. people started to look, and she got embarrassed and got somethng to clean it up with.

he then when back over to her, and said: I don't know what you people do in your country but we dont do stuff like that here, you f-in- pig !!!!

i wish I was there, I would have paid to see that
I'm glad your partner did what he did!! Unbelievable how some people can be so destructive and not CARE about the conditions they live in. I mean..... This is where you LIVE!! You would think they'd want it to be clean and appealing, but instead they allow their pets to crap all over the place.

Old 05-19-2015, 11:37 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Dogs are not meant for apartments, and pitbulls are not meant for projects. Dogs are meant for suburban homes with back yards.
I know my comment will probably offend Nywriterdude and G dale who are proponents of anything gentrification. But I stand firm dogs of a certain size and breed are meant for backyards and open areas. Also these dogs defecate in huge piles. Clearly these dogs are not meant for the street but for backyards where dogs can burry their crap or open fields. If I was mayor of this city I would ban certain dogs of a certain size depending on the sqft size of an apartment or home or if it has a yard. Having a dog of a certain size in an dwelling that is not suitable for a dog habitat should pay a monthly fine to the city!

Old 05-20-2015, 11:26 AM

18,472 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeros318 View Post
I'm glad your partner did what he did!! Unbelievable how some people can be so destructive and not CARE about the conditions they live in. I mean..... This is where you LIVE!! You would think they'd want it to be clean and appealing, but instead they allow their pets to crap all over the place.

exactly. I feel the same way.

this goes to show you the way people live in other countries.

we don't do stuff like this here, we take pride in our property, or sidewalks and homes, and this is why when we see other people from other countries come here and do this to OUR country we get upset....

Old 05-20-2015, 11:30 AM

1,155 posts, read 1,976,337 times
I have to use my phone-light just to walk in certain blocks at night sometimes. What are some people feeding their dogs, leaving the biggest piles.

Old 05-20-2015, 11:58 AM

2,848 posts, read 7,581,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I know my comment will probably offend Nywriterdude and G dale who are proponents of anything gentrification. But I stand firm dogs of a certain size and breed are meant for backyards and open areas. Also these dogs defecate in huge piles. Clearly these dogs are not meant for the street but for backyards where dogs can burry their crap or open fields. If I was mayor of this city I would ban certain dogs of a certain size depending on the sqft size of an apartment or home or if it has a yard. Having a dog of a certain size in an dwelling that is not suitable for a dog habitat should pay a monthly fine to the city!

It doesn't just go by size... Great danes are actually ranked as a top apartment dog despite their size, because they are couch potatoes that don't have a lot of energy and don't require a lot of exercise. There are other breeds of dogs (small dogs too) that are working/hunting dogs that are very high energy and prey driven that arguably are better suited for country life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: