Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 09:06 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,149,295 times

Advertisements

I carry a shopping bag, and I carry my dog's poop home with me. That way, when some rude so-and-so yells randomly at me, "Hey! Pick up your dog's shiat!!"

I can hold the bag proudly up and reply, "I do! You wanna come see?"

Oddly, they never wanna come see inside that bag; but its a good and funny way to stop a nasty busybody, that has an urge to yell at someone, dead in their tracks.

The best was when a heckler said to me, "Make your dog shiat in front of your own house!" I just looked at him and asked, "Cause just like you shiat on command, you think my dog will do that too?"

I also get annoyed at people that dont clean up after their dog. Just because I own a dog, doesnt mean I am immune to getting crap on my shoes or bicycle tires

I think a lot of people believe they are the only person in NYC, or just dont give a shiat about anyone but themselves. Its makes life a little more treacherous for responsible dog owners.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 12:27 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
The worst (by a long shot) I've seen hasn't been anywhere in Brooklyn, but in the Bronx along streets adjacent to Grand Concourse. Truly disgusting . . . I couldn't believe my eyes (and nose)!
Tell me about it - on Creston Avenue we used to walk in the street

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 06-22-2015, 12:34 AM

8,495 posts, read 4,162,840 times
I always pick up when I'm walking a friend's dog sometimes. I carry extra bags, too just in case of the dreaded double poop (or triple even). She's a girl so when she pees, she squats and looks like she is pooping. I always know when she is just peeing, but I go over to the spot with the plastic bag and look at the ground so people know that I am really checking and seeing if it is pee. People should always pick up after their dog, it's not only the right (and lawful) thing to do but you don't want bad poop karma.

Old 06-27-2015, 02:25 AM

1,369 posts, read 1,254,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Did you forget something
You tell me.

Old 06-27-2015, 09:35 AM

6,885 posts, read 9,931,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidecraig View Post
If you are interested in adopting a dog visit englishbulldogpuppies.tk for more details
If you are interested in adopting a dog, visit:
Animal Care & Control of NYC (AC&C) : About AC&C

Old 06-27-2015, 10:22 AM

993 posts, read 1,385,938 times
There's a newbuild development in my Brooklyn neighborhood where the builders stupidly designed or pitched the whole block of townhomes so city sewage floods backwards into the basement condos during heaviest thunderstorms, which have happened a lot this summer.

And now they're all more worried. Alongside their small individual backyards, but not owned by them, is one long green lawn scheduled to be paved over by the NEXT developer as a parking lot for his cashcow. That can't be good. I've got to assume paving over all that next-door green lawnspace will only worsen their disgusting poop-basement situation during storms. That condo association is now trying to figure out how to modify the paving plans, but it's not their land.

It's not my building, but I feel so sorry for my neighbors. I want to send one giant poop bag, as long as a city block, and umbrellas, to both builders and let them "duke" it out for who has to pick-up during storms.

Last edited by BrightRabbit; 06-27-2015 at 10:53 AM..

Old 06-27-2015, 10:47 AM

1,369 posts, read 1,254,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Did you forget something
Oh I get it, you mean this...😉...😄.

Old 06-27-2015, 01:09 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanniebaby7 View Post
Oh I get it, you mean this...😉...😄.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: