Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 01:24 PM

415 posts, read 514,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynTurk View Post
And a quick Google search would answer your question on Ubers bases... There's 6 total... Here's 5 of them Weiter LLC, Hinter LLC, Schmecken LLC, Danach-NY LLC and Unter LLC.
Why would you waste your time pleading your case to someone who is patronizing and condescending towards you?

Just laugh at him. lol <---- see?

"Hur der her der…New York City was in the stone age before Uber came along…hur dur" lmao
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 03:51 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,720,048 times
Quote:
Also.. You keep saying matchmaker.. Wouldn't all the livery bases be considered matchmakers under your definition?
Not so, the livery bases collect revenue from the drivers as a condition of being licensed by the TLC. That's an important distinction, because if the driver does not have a storefront dispatch then he's not legally allowed to collect fares. Uber is matchmaking those existing drivers, who are free to take riders from their dispatch, Lyft, or Uber at any given time.

TLC will have a hard time defending themselves in court if they try to quash rider choice and restrict drivers to a single app.

Old 06-19-2015, 04:33 PM

147 posts, read 162,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
Not so, the livery bases collect revenue from the drivers as a condition of being licensed by the TLC. That's an important distinction, because if the driver does not have a storefront dispatch then he's not legally allowed to collect fares. Uber is matchmaking those existing drivers, who are free to take riders from their dispatch, Lyft, or Uber at any given time.

TLC will have a hard time defending themselves in court if they try to quash rider choice and restrict drivers to a single app.
But Uber has 6 bases where they collect 20%-30% of every single fare... So what are you saying exactly?

A driver from Carmel can also work for Uber.. But Uber has its own set of drivers who are strictly affiliated with Uber alone.

No offense man but you should learn the system first before defending it. Have a great weekend!

Old 06-19-2015, 09:56 PM

518 posts, read 825,880 times
Quote:

So now I get it, Uber is like a dating service. Seriously, I can see a judge somewhere down the line suppressing a laugh if Uber is desperate enough to advance that theory in court.

I never thought I'd say this, but in a way I feel sorry for the current TLC chair, Meera Joshi, who inherited much of this. She has already stated that it is not her job to regulate competition, but to regulate the industry. Again, it's not about competition, it's about the industry. And, the TLC has a pretty good track record in defending rule changes in court; the green cabs which the yellow cabs opposed and the TLC successfully defended in court after getting the bill passed in Albany. The TLC must rein in Uber or their will no longer be a reason to have a TLC or any rules. We can just go back to what it was before the Haas Act, which would suit Uber just fine but would not be in the public's best interest. Judges like to make decisions based on the public's best interest. It makes 'em feel good.

Old 06-22-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
But Uber has 6 bases where they collect 20%-30% of every single fare...
Makes a lot of sense to me. Why would Uber be banned from operating dispatch bases? ALL drivers pay a fee to their bases, they are free to work for whatever base they want. More than 90% of bases are non-Uber, those drivers pick up Uber, Lyft, or phone call fares as they please and often remit closer to 40% to their independent dispatch base or large base like Carmel 666, dial 777, etc...

Old 06-22-2015, 10:23 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Lol.. if taxis are empty what do you think is happening to 19,000+ Uber vehicles who usually tend to be the second option?.. yea a lot of people use Uber frequently and as a first option.. but yellow still holds the title for being the easiest to hail.
Seems to me there is an Uber bubble that might be getting ready to burst, at least in NYC. I don't believe they are going anywhere in an absolute sense...too much political and financial clout at this point, but with the over saturation and all these guys stuck in their subprime car loans there will be some hell to pay at some point probably soon.

Old 06-22-2015, 10:41 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,591,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizenrich View Post
I see these retards abuse poor Uber drivers as they come out of my place. I never realized that some of my customers are so mean...especially the girls. They're downright savages.

They load up the poor guys ride like a clown car. I've seen them trying to convince the driver to take 7 people in a black Toyota Camry (or, Avalon?). Frankly, they all look the same to me.

When the driver protests, they threaten to give him (I haven't seen a "her" at night) a 1 star review. I mean I hear them fighting with the drivers. I can see the steam coming out of the poor drivers ears. You can tell a lot of these guys are like college grad students and they're real shake boxes. They're Asian (like Paki or indian) and they don't know how to deal with these aggressive white girls and jewish girls. They get pushed around by pretty girls and the girls know how to work them. Now that I'm thinking about it, the Asian chicks (koreans and chinese but very western) are the most brutal.

My doormen tell me horror stories and then they try to get them involved. I tell them that monkey ain't from our zoo...

These young girls are d*cks. Especially when they get a little load on.
yeah I agree, 20-something women are probably the worst customers to deal with. Of course I've had all types of people raise my hackles on occasion but generally speaking they are the most entitled, snotty, cheap tipping demographic out there by a long shot. I'll put up with drunk dude bro's or fussy Park Avenue Grandmas or clueless tourists any day of the week no problem but I really cringe when I see a couple of snooty McSnootface college broads heading my way. Occasionally I've driven by them on purpose if I'm not in the mood for crying in the backseat and i could plausibly deny having seen them.

So Uber can have them. And as far as people trying overload a car, that's one rule I never break. Has to be a seatbelt available for everybody in the car or its go to jail time if something bad happens.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:12 PM

147 posts, read 162,052 times
Quote:
Makes a lot of sense to me. Why would Uber be banned from operating dispatch bases? ALL drivers pay a fee to their bases, they are free to work for whatever base they want. More than 90% of bases are non-Uber, those drivers pick up Uber, Lyft, or phone call fares as they please and often remit closer to 40% to their independent dispatch base or large base like Carmel 666, dial 777, etc...
But you called Uber a match maker... why are you comparing Uber(a matchmaker) to car service bases?

and I think your 40% you're talking about is for livery service.. there's a difference between black car and livery.. but maybe Carmel charges 40%.. but they also charge a bit higher premium flat rate than lowering the fare to less than a yellow cab unless you get lucky and catch a surge.

Old 06-23-2015, 04:22 PM

Quote:
But you called Uber a match maker... why are you comparing Uber(a matchmaker) to car service bases?
You really should put in a little effort to think before posting. Uber is a match maker for existing drivers, it also provides some dispatch bases for drivers that are unaffiliated but want to drive a car for income. Probably accounts for less than 10% of total Uber fares in NYC

Old 06-23-2015, 04:27 PM

415 posts, read 514,406 times
Quote:
You really should put in a little effort to think before posting.
Seriously dude (you're a guy, right?)

you should try and be a little less estrogen-y.

My rule is never type something on the internet that you wouldn't say to someones face.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City