Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2008, 08:10 PM

17 posts, read 58,321 times

Advertisements

Tell all, just wanna know how the school is if you've ever been there. how hard it was to get in, what you did to stand out, etc..etcc. oh and how hard was it honestly going to school and trying to make something of yourself in grand ny

just decided to make this an opinion thread, say whatever you'd like (:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2008, 10:48 PM

112 posts, read 649,180 times
check out the message boards on collegeconfidential.com, it'll be more helpful than this site

Old 01-28-2008, 09:57 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
I was accepted but declined to attend there. However, my best friend from high school did attend there and I hung out alot.

Basically, its not a rah-rah type of college experience. You make a few friends and that is your social life for the next 4 years. But the school's location is hard to beat and there is an endless myriad of things to do. And its a really good school education wise.

If that appeals to you go for it.

Old 01-28-2008, 11:03 AM

48 posts, read 168,098 times
ah NYU...those were the days! I had a great time there, it was an experience that will last in my mind forever. I didnt have any problems getting into the school and I actually transferred there after a few years at a Community College (this helped tremendously with the expense of getting a Bachelors Degree). Anyway I made some close friends while there that I still am in contact with today. Living in NYC was an experience in and of itself and I wouldnt change any of it for the world. It can be easy to get caught up in the big city lifestyle and you do have to be self-disciplined to stay on top of the work. It was never a problem for me though and I think it was a perfect balance. I ended up staying in NYC for a few years after I graduated but the ridiculous expenses of living there eventually led me to leave. I still frequently visit though and NYC remains my fave city in the US!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City