Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2016, 04:01 PM

6,690 posts, read 6,035,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
No I don't. I know my situation. Although I'm certainly understanding yours a bit more and why you got divorced.
Hahahahahahahaha. Why did I get divorced, market rate in need of affordable housing yet helping other people in need Einstein?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 05:51 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Hahahahahahahaha. Why did I get divorced, market rate in need of affordable housing yet helping other people in need Einstein?
Sticks and stones...

Sorry to All that this topic has gone off.

Old 07-26-2016, 08:46 AM

12 posts, read 26,869 times
Hi all,

Did anyone get reply from the office schedule for interview? I submitted the required documents at the beginning of the June. Nothing back until now. Thanks!

Old 07-27-2016, 01:50 PM

99 posts, read 168,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hchen42 View Post
Hi all,

Did anyone get reply from the office schedule for interview? I submitted the required documents at the beginning of the June. Nothing back until now. Thanks!
My situation is verbatim with yours, Mr.hchen. Nothing as of yet.

Old 07-27-2016, 02:28 PM

107 posts, read 246,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water_Nintendo64 View Post
My situation is verbatim with yours, Mr.hchen. Nothing as of yet.
Wow they are slow

Old 07-27-2016, 02:35 PM

94 posts, read 172,740 times
my fd's GF #3000+ get the Email to ask for information in 10 days. No preference

Old 07-28-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolebaruch1234 View Post
my fd's GF #3000+ get the Email to ask for information in 10 days. No preference
How come they are keep calling people if they didnt take care of the people who already submited their documents?

Old 07-29-2016, 12:01 PM

22 posts, read 77,831 times
I want to know if there are people who actually got an apartment without being in a preferred group. Is there any of you out there??????????????
My experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth and mistrust . Without going into too many details (and I do not want to share more than I do here, now), I will say that, if you are on commission based salary, and if it's not the same amount weekly, is a headache they don't want to deal with. I've maintain my commission as constant as I possible could, anyway, once they decided I make too much, so later to change everything and disregard all my commission from sales and calculate a yearly salary based strictly on the hourly pay, so they can disqualify me. So, from too much, to too little, just like that. The amount they came up per year is closed to what I've made so far until now, but this is what happen when one person get to decide your faith. Same person who actuality said I make too much in commission , now is reducing to a 3rd of initial estimate. It drives me banana and makes me wonder....is there e a system in place, or just a broken one?
I don't mean to discourage any of you, but be cautious! It's chaotic.

Old 07-30-2016, 06:43 AM

12 posts, read 78,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolebaruch1234 View Post
I just got a letter this week as well and I'm in the same log number range. Weird though, because I assumed I had a preference- I'm a city employee, and this is specified on my application. I should've been called a long time ago if they're already calling people with no preferences. Wish there was more transparency!

Old 07-30-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weddy00 View Post
I want to know if there are people who actually got an apartment without being in a preferred group. Is there any of you out there??????????????
My experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth and mistrust . Without going into too many details (and I do not want to share more than I do here, now), I will say that, if you are on commission based salary, and if it's not the same amount weekly, is a headache they don't want to deal with. I've maintain my commission as constant as I possible could, anyway, once they decided I make too much, so later to change everything and disregard all my commission from sales and calculate a yearly salary based strictly on the hourly pay, so they can disqualify me. So, from too much, to too little, just like that. The amount they came up per year is closed to what I've made so far until now, but this is what happen when one person get to decide your faith. Same person who actuality said I make too much in commission , now is reducing to a 3rd of initial estimate. It drives me banana and makes me wonder....is there e a system in place, or just a broken one?
I don't mean to discourage any of you, but be cautious! It's chaotic.

Yes they are bad as hell.
Someone, really rude and unfriendly call me to provide more documents (self employed), he started to argue with me so I told him are you and accountant?
I had a bad experience with them nut I still providing paper work?
He told me do you have any prove how you got to the amount you declared? I said oh yes do you think I lied to the IRS? Im in business for 7 years.
What a jerk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery