Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 10:14 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GH1187 View Post
Not what we were told, At training they said they would let HR know who passed the exams and all we had to do was go to DMV and ammend the license. If we passed it outside with a school then we would have to call and let them know.

The lady on the phone even sounded surprised they had not put it in and then told me she would call me back, i guess she was going to go figure it out.

Oh if you do it through dsny they send in a copy of the license for you so you don't have to do it. You're still supposed to call the second you pass to update your file

Old 07-07-2016, 12:06 PM

218 posts, read 294,126 times
Seems like alot of people are failing the medical. I know a few people already but nobody knows why yet.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:13 PM

712 posts, read 1,207,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangIntel View Post
Just be honest, there's people going thru the process now that disclosed their surgeries and got cleared. Some are on this forum . I think the majority of the people in the first class are all combat veterans and you know they have prior injuries that they had to disclosed and still got clear .

Just do what makes you feel better at night, is it worth worrying everyday about getting caught and fired. Or do it the right way and sleep peacefully.

Just food for thought, a guy I used to work with went over to Sanitation, he has a few injuries while he was on the job . But he never told Sanitation . Somebody that didn't like him here forward his files over to sanitation/medical (I'm not sure where exactly) and long story short, he was terminated by sanitation. Yeah, people can be very vindictive.
I'm a combat veteran with 10 years of service. I disclosed my surgeries for when I was injured in Iraq along with clearance letters and I was still DQ. So I guess it depends.

How did someone get his medical records and handed it in to the medical department. How is they even possible

Old 07-07-2016, 12:16 PM

Whats the HIPAA waiver about?

Old 07-07-2016, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franksyanks23 View Post
Whats the HIPAA waiver about?
No one on this earth can ascertain your medical records without your written authorization due to HIPAA (health insurance portability and accountability act enacted in 1996) laws which is the same reason if your family member or significant other calls your doctor for test results etc they are not supposed to give any info. DSNY DOES NOT have you sign anything giving them a release of your medical records.

Old 07-07-2016, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgeorgee View Post
No one on this earth can ascertain your medical records without your written authorization due to HIPAA (health insurance portability and accountability act enacted in 1996) laws which is the same reason if your family member or significant other calls your doctor for test results etc they are not supposed to give any info. DSNY DOES NOT have you sign anything giving them a release of your medical records.
So you dont have to sign it?

Old 07-07-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
So you dont have to sign it?
what are you talking about..

Old 07-07-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcgeorgee View Post
what are you talking about..
Nevermind, misunderstood.

People have told me not to sign the waiver.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:29 PM

264 posts, read 504,096 times
Quote:
Nevermind, misunderstood.

People have told me not to sign the waiver.
Only waiver DSNY ask you to sign is to be able to access the NYS prescription registry to see what you have been prescribed.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:33 PM

52 posts, read 58,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QnsLS View Post
I know that DSNY won't hire you if you have pending moving violations if you are fighting them in traffic court. How about if you have a pending lawsuit against a certain city agency, Will they hire you pending the outcome of the lawsuit or will I have to wait until my lawsuit is settled?
Anybody have any idea in regards?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City