Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2015, 12:27 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,899 times

Advertisements

Does anyone else HATE the day after Xmas when everyone is just coming back from their mommy and daddy's houses? barf It was so peaceful the last two days, not a single screaming baby, filthy beard, or cankle in sight!!! I thought they'd at least stay away since Xmas fell on a weekend this year sort of.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2015, 01:07 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
Are you ever positive?

Old 12-26-2015, 01:18 PM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
Aquarius,

Assuming that you actually do live in NYC, you've chosen to live in the most densely populated city in the country. If you don't like the crowds, noise, etc. that goes with that density, move someplace that isn't as densely populated.

Old 12-26-2015, 01:22 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,899 times
I realize that, but it's not illegal to complain about it. I'll ***** and moan until i'm dead in the ground, that's every new yorker's right. Saying I choose to live in NYC is a bit of a stretch though. I'm half deaf, don't know how to drive, and too broke to move. So yeah, i'll complain. Millions of others feel the same way I do btw.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:31 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,238,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
I realize that, but it's not illegal to complain about it. I'll ***** and moan until i'm dead in the ground, that's every new yorker's right. Saying I choose to live in NYC is a bit of a stretch though. I'm half deaf, don't know how to drive, and too broke to move. So yeah, i'll complain. Millions of others feel the same way I do btw.
Why stay half dead, either live life or end it.

Old 12-26-2015, 02:49 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
Why stay half dead, either live life or end it.
Get busy living, or get busy dying!

Old 12-26-2015, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Aquarius,

Assuming that you actually do live in NYC, you've chosen to live in the most densely populated city in the country. If you don't like the crowds, noise, etc. that goes with that density, move someplace that isn't as densely populated.

If he lived in the country or suburbs he'd be one of those yelling from their window 'hey you GD kids, get off my lawn...." *LOL*

Old 12-26-2015, 02:52 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
Uh, no. Why are you even living in NYC?

What I find more annoying is all the Christmas tourists blocking sidewalks.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
Uh, no. Why are you even living in NYC?

What I find more annoying is all the Christmas tourists blocking sidewalks.

Came back earlier and have to say the UES is rather quiet. Streets are mostly empty with hardly any foot or vehicle traffic. Am going downtown later for dinner so shall how the "other half" are living.

Old 12-26-2015, 03:16 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,202,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Well, dude, you could be half deaf, carless, too broke to move and stuck in some little town Upstate where decent jobs are scarce and public transit is non-existent. Aside from your deafness, you could fix your other two problems, especially the driving bit.

My aunt was about 60 when my uncle died. She had never learned to drive. Well, she bought my stepmother's old car, took driving lessons from a driving school, and passed her road test on her first try. For the first time in her life, she had the freedom to come and go where and when she pleased. She didn't go far, just to the supermarket, KMart, church, and the doctor's office but she did it on her own.

You don't need to own a car to take lessons. You need a friend to give you some "seat time" to practice. When you get a license, you can then start considering looking for a job outside of NYC or just a cheaper place to live where cheaper rent would cover your car payment and insurance.

Just complaining isn't going to help you get anything done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City