Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2016, 04:53 AM

43,663 posts, read 44,406,521 times

Advertisements

I rather have Bloomberg than Trump for President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2016, 05:24 AM

931 posts, read 801,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I rather have Bloomberg than Trump for President.
Trump 2016!

Old 01-26-2016, 06:42 AM

119 posts, read 110,873 times
Trump has only fringe support that, let's face it, will not win him the election. If he succeeds in securing the Republican nomination, that may well spell the end for that party. Hillary will likely win the Democratic nomination but her campaign so far has not been luminous. Also, how many people even knew of the existence of Bernie Sanders a year ago? Bloomberg would be a plausible candidate in this field, IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Trump himself has admitted to being one of those big donors who gave money to politicians. He is an insider and was always politically connected.

As for what do I think of Bloomberg's candidacy? I'd would vote for TRUMP before I vote for Bloomberg.

I'm a Democrat and my favorite candidate is Hillary Clinton. But I've had enough Bloomberg fatigue. The man is over politically and has no base of support from either the national Democrats or the Republicans. To be completely honest he isn't taking votes away from either party at this point. He'd be torn apart if he runs for office.

Old 01-26-2016, 07:12 AM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
I really don't see Bloomberg having the charisma to pull off a late run and succeed but I definitely can see why he is considering a run. The climate is right for an independent to run.

Old 01-26-2016, 07:22 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
OMG, Please No !!!!! NOT BLOOMBERG FOR PRESIDENT!!!

The man is a dictator, all our freedoms will be taken away.

I hate this man with every ounce of my being.

he is a crook, he overturned term limits to get himself a illegal third therm, then turned it back, if that doesn't tell you something about his character, than I don't know what will.

OMG No, not for President.

Trump all the way !!!!!!

Old 01-26-2016, 07:27 AM

119 posts, read 110,873 times
Trump doesn't have a prayer. He is a reality TV star working on his greatest production yet. It is sad in a way how many millions he has suckered into this latest act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

he is a crook, he overturned term limits to get himself a illegal third therm, then turned it back, if that doesn't tell you something about his character, than I don't know what will.

Trump all the way !!!!!!

Old 01-26-2016, 07:46 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
Bloomberg is a middle of the roader. The people who decide elections are also middle of the roaders. Not the nuts who put their brains on ice and register and vote for the same party year in year out. They don't think, which is ok because in the end they don't decide. Its the people who decide each year on the actual candidate and the issues who actually decide, not the always-dem braindeads or always-republican braindeads. Thank god.

Bloomberg will confuse people who only think in binary terms - the left will be screaming he's a heartless capitalist pig and the right will be screaming he's a gun-grabbing commie. But who cares about those nuts anyway. Bloomberg is pragmatic, he can't be bought, and he's a solid leader. Fiscally conservative but pro-choice, pro-sensible gun regulations. He's a better choice than the current contenders.

Old 01-26-2016, 07:50 AM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,563,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

Trump all the way !!!!!!

But the people of the city still voted him in that third term. He maneuvered to get the council to agree to permit him to run for sure, but if the city didn't want him they could've voted him out. They voted him in.

All those spitting at the mouth about term limits in the city said diddly squat about Sheldon's 20 year term as the ********* in chief who sold this city to his interests for decades. No one said squat. He's the damager. And if wasn't for Preet he'd still be there running the show and the know-nothings would still be saying diddly squat about his unlimited terms.

Bunch of hyporcrites.

Old 01-26-2016, 08:29 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Bloomberg's run as an independent might have the effect of preventing a majority of the electoral vote,
In that case the House of Representatives will choose the president among the 3 candidates.

So they MIGHT choose Bloomberg over Trump?
Bloomberg is as institutional as Hillary or Bernie. Wasn't he NYC mayor for like 50 years?

Old 01-26-2016, 09:34 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptowner10 View Post
Trump has only fringe support that, let's face it, will not win him the election. If he succeeds in securing the Republican nomination, that may well spell the end for that party. Hillary will likely win the Democratic nomination but her campaign so far has not been luminous. Also, how many people even knew of the existence of Bernie Sanders a year ago? Bloomberg would be a plausible candidate in this field, IMHO.
The instant he announces a run he would be slammed on all sides. Just like Giuliani never got anywhere, neither would Bloomberg. The stuff they did in NYC is not enough to run for President for and does not impress Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City