Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2017, 07:21 AM

115 posts, read 146,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BestJess View Post
MHANY called today. HDC approved! Studio! Log# 2***. Soooooooooooooooo grateful. Glad as heck I stuck it out. Hang in there, guys. It's been exactly 2 weeks & 1 day since I was submitted for approval.

Congrats!! Sooooo jealous!!! LOL

Old 03-29-2017, 08:26 AM

74 posts, read 93,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BestJess View Post
MHANY called today. HDC approved! Studio! Log# 2***. Soooooooooooooooo grateful. Glad as heck I stuck it out. Hang in there, guys. It's been exactly 2 weeks & 1 day since I was submitted for approval.
Terrific! Congrats! Do you mind sharing any details about the place, e.g., which floor or layout you got, which income band, etc? Just anything giving those of us waiting an idea about what they're handing out at this point. Thanks!

Old 03-29-2017, 08:41 AM

94 posts, read 172,615 times
congratessss!!

Old 03-29-2017, 09:25 AM

33 posts, read 53,175 times
Just got a call, unfortunately they ran out of the band 5 1 bedrooms, and only have band 5 studios left. They're submitting for approval anyway, but what I'm really confused about is the price. How is a band 5 studio $1996 and a band 5 1 bedroom $1994? It makes no sense? I asked if it was on a higher floor but I couldn't get a straight answer? Am I just getting a studio that's much cheaper and paying more for it? Or are there market rate studios that are more expensive than some 1 beds?

Old 03-29-2017, 11:33 AM

I don't understand how everyone is getting answers when you call them? I was just told they don't give information out over the phone and to either email them or go up there personally....and when I email them I don't get any responses...LOL so frustrating.

Also, I had emailed them about an address change, I had moved since applying to the lotto and I received a response that they will take it into consideration and submit into my file? What do they mean take it into consideration? Did I just screw myself with this lotto because the address on file is not what I have now? UGH....so aggravating and confusing

Old 03-29-2017, 12:39 PM

186 posts, read 264,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_k View Post
Just got a call, unfortunately they ran out of the band 5 1 bedrooms, and only have band 5 studios left. They're submitting for approval anyway, but what I'm really confused about is the price. How is a band 5 studio $1996 and a band 5 1 bedroom $1994? It makes no sense? I asked if it was on a higher floor but I couldn't get a straight answer? Am I just getting a studio that's much cheaper and paying more for it? Or are there market rate studios that are more expensive than some 1 beds?
The market rate for the cheapest/smallest studio is $2400 so it's still somewhat of a discount. In my band there was a studio that was $1500 and a one bedroom that was $1300 (which I got). I think it just depends on the layout and size. The cool studio that's big and kind of triangular with the good views is probably the pricier one.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLum919 View Post
I don't understand how everyone is getting answers when you call them? I was just told they don't give information out over the phone and to either email them or go up there personally....and when I email them I don't get any responses...LOL so frustrating.

Also, I had emailed them about an address change, I had moved since applying to the lotto and I received a response that they will take it into consideration and submit into my file? What do they mean take it into consideration? Did I just screw myself with this lotto because the address on file is not what I have now? UGH....so aggravating and confusing
"Taking it into consideration" probably just means if you moved into or out of a community board preference neighborhood. The only downside is if you moved out of a neighborhood with CB preference.

Old 03-29-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComaLiving View Post
"Taking it into consideration" probably just means if you moved into or out of a community board preference neighborhood. The only downside is if you moved out of a neighborhood with CB preference.

I guess that makes sense, but I'm not worried about that since I had no preferences anyway. I'll just assure myself that is what she meant and not meaning that I have to start all over again because of the move...UGH. And, seeing everyone else getting apartments is just making me even more anxious and wanting to move there badly!! Everyone here (minus one person...LOL) has been sooo nice and supportive of each other that it would be wonderful to be neighbors with you guys .....that I'm seriously thinking about giving up my one bedroom, that I have now, for a studio if it's offered to me LOL

Old 03-29-2017, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLum919 View Post
I guess that makes sense, but I'm not worried about that since I had no preferences anyway. I'll just assure myself that is what she meant and not meaning that I have to start all over again because of the move...UGH. And, seeing everyone else getting apartments is just making me even more anxious and wanting to move there badly!! Everyone here (minus one person...LOL) has been sooo nice and supportive of each other that it would be wonderful to be neighbors with you guys .....that I'm seriously thinking about giving up my one bedroom, that I have now, for a studio if it's offered to me LOL
I agree! This forum has been very helpful throughout my whole process. (Except for that one person. ;-) hahaha) I hope you get the apartment! I think this new neighborhood, Pacific Park, will change a lot in the coming years and be a really cool place to live.

Old 03-29-2017, 01:06 PM

71 posts, read 118,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_k View Post

Adi, I.think it's because they are practically both the same size. What is your log?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery