Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2017, 11:11 AM

115 posts, read 146,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLum919 View Post
That is true....I'm one of those that would kill to be in your situation...LOL

I however am looking for a 1 bedroom, but I'm not hopeful that any will be left in my price bracket and if I do get in it will be for a studio. I'm not sure if I will take a studio or not because in my price bracket the studio will be the small one and yours will probably be the bigger triangular shape ones.

Since, I'm new to this whole thing....does anyone know if I did decide to go for the studio (if it's offered) can I still request/move into a 1 bedroom in case one becomes available down the line....say for instance someone decides to not renew his lease and leaves the building? I'm just wondering if this is even a possibility at all?

Old 03-30-2017, 01:13 PM

33 posts, read 53,175 times
The triangle studio layout looks really dumb to be honest. But I'd take it either way. Beggars can't be choosers.

Old 03-30-2017, 01:39 PM

74 posts, read 93,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_k View Post
The triangle studio layout looks really dumb to be honest. But I'd take it either way. Beggars can't be choosers.
That's what I thought at first - looks real dumb on paper... but did you see the 3-D walk-through??

https://www.apartments.com/461-dean-...yn-ny/chk5ygd/

So many windows! And square-footage wise I think it's the biggest studio.

Old 03-30-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_k View Post

It really is...LOL, there seems to be a lot of wasted dead space in my opinion....but if you look at the square footage it's much larger than a one bedroom. I would gladly take the triangle one but in my price bracket the triangle studio will cost me about $200 more than a one bedroom....ummmm what? no thank you.

Old 03-30-2017, 01:47 PM

57 posts, read 59,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhtsresident View Post
That's what I thought at first - looks real dumb on paper... but did you see the 3-D walk-through??

I think the views are pretty amazing.

Old 03-30-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhtsresident View Post

It looks really great...with a huge kitchen, but looking at the layout it looks a bit tricky to place furniture just because of the angular shape of the apartment. Also, I like I said it looks like a lot of dead space from the door to the kitchen.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
It looks really great...with a huge kitchen, but looking at the layout it looks a bit tricky to place furniture just because of the angular shape of the apartment. Also, I like I said it looks like a lot of dead space from the door to the kitchen.
The furniture placement is tricky in all the layouts except for the one bedroom layout that they've advertised on the website.

Old 03-30-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificparkgirl View Post
The furniture placement is tricky in all the layouts except for the one bedroom layout that they've advertised on the website.

Yes, and that was the exact layout I would have wanted . I think ComaLiving was lucky enough to get that layout....lucky girl

Old 03-30-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Yes, and that was the exact layout I would have wanted . I think ComaLiving was lucky enough to get that layout....lucky girl
Yes, she is lucky. I think anyone who got an apt is lucky whatever the layout. I am just glad to get one!

Old 03-30-2017, 10:37 PM

186 posts, read 264,090 times
Quote:
Haha yeah I definitely do feel very lucky! But all the units here are pretty great... and the amenities. I'd think very carefully before you turn it down. Rent stabilized for 40 years!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery