Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2017, 10:30 AM

186 posts, read 264,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernestone View Post
I've never heard of first service before, but I will try them. I've been told non disabled applicants have been given the courtesy of waitlist/rejection communications. Maybe I'm in denial, but I can't see these people that were so incredibly kind as not extending the same courtesy to a disabled person. This apt is my shot at independence after years. I'm going on the assumption that whoever is telling applicants they 'forgot' this 2% of people , that they singled out themselves into a different category , must be a new employee. Been extremely positive since oct, going to continue to do so. But will reach out to the group you indicated. I have several people gracious enough to help me with my move,they've been on standby since oct, as they need to give their jobs notice to take the days off to help.
Yeah, I would definitely call MHANY, First Service, and even Forest City ASAP. It only took a lot of us a couple of weeks before we signed a lease. Hopefully you'll figure out soon what's going on! Best of luck.

Old 02-10-2017, 12:01 PM

35 posts, read 75,221 times
I sent them an email yesterday to ask about disability preference and log numbers.
"Have disability preferences started getting responses yet? Do log numbers make a
difference when/if you get a response?"

Got this response.
People have been contacted but not all. Log numbers go in order but also in
preference order."

I have the disability preference for mobility impairment, log # 13,XXX. Oh well, who knows, just wait it out.

Old 02-10-2017, 01:07 PM

56 posts, read 87,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Also, what are the market rate tenants like? Sorry, that might be a weird question to ask. Do people actually USE the roof deck? I never see anyone on it. I guess the weather and all.. But I am curious how people interact in these kinds of buildings. Another question, that seems to have not been answered... How thin are the walls? Can you hear your neighbors sneeze in the adjacent apartments like in most new construction in this city? Heating? Has anyone gotten their first electric bill yet?
People do use the amenities but the rooftop is not complete yet so it is not open. I can't hear sneezes but I can hear dogs barking

Old 02-10-2017, 09:47 PM

260 posts, read 333,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw314 View Post
I viewed the apartment today and sign the lease tomorrow..hopefully I'll see my new neighbors ! All I can say is any housing lottery process requires a lot of patience and perseverance. Just go for it , what do you have to lose?
Was any deposits mentioned/talked about when you went to sign the lease or view the apt?

Old 02-10-2017, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lala4613 View Post
Was any deposits mentioned/talked about when you went to sign the lease or view the apt?
Yes, it's one month deposit and first month's rent. certified checks.

Old 02-10-2017, 11:45 PM

86 posts, read 104,261 times
Hey question. How is the central air charged. Does it come free or is it on the con Ed bill???

Old 02-11-2017, 06:56 AM

260 posts, read 333,029 times
One month deposit is rent and security? And then first month rent? Would you know how much the security would be will an estimate?

Old 02-11-2017, 08:37 AM

Hi Lala, and Lata,

You pay two months rent to move in. Two checks for whatever your rent is; which count for security deposit and first month. As far as AC and heat -- each apartment has their own meter and you're charged for what you use. It's all through ConEd. As they explained it, you don't pay for heat and air conditioning, you pay for the electric fan that circulates it. Weird I know.

Last edited by ComaLiving; 02-11-2017 at 08:50 AM..

Old 02-11-2017, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamdown nic View Post
hey i just moved in last weekend.. take a look
Hey, random question, do you know how tall that corner building will be across from Dean street -- it's still under construction? You and I have nearly identical units and I'm curious how you think it'll affect our views.

Old 02-11-2017, 02:54 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,856,899 times
I walked by with my binoculars this afternoon and peeped up and across into all the units with their shades up and occupied, and omg, some of units... lmfao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery