Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 02:00 PM

186 posts, read 264,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofcoins37 View Post
Coma, I admire your optimism, but remember that in October a lot of people got formal waitlist letters -- at the time, it was people with CB preference whose numbers were in the 6000s and higher. For all the ways this lottery is being crummily run, I think it's kind of clear that space is running out. What a shame. I spent way too much time worrying about this.
Yeah, I hear ya. There are just so many oddities in the process I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

Old 02-08-2017, 03:01 PM

40 posts, read 50,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latashaw83 View Post
I have a question tho. Is anyone applying for the two bedrooms? I feel like i'm the only one in this forum that is trying to get one.
I'm applying for a 2 bedroom as well! I feel like we are the last ones on MHANY'S list. I haven't even seen them posted for market rates. I just resubmitted documents as well...

Old 02-08-2017, 03:22 PM

155 posts, read 187,020 times
Wall requirements such as using the wall for tv mounts and wall beds for example, you have to go through the management to get approval for them. You're not allowed to touch the ceilings. But can do whatever you'd like with the walls. Strange requirements .

Old 02-08-2017, 03:30 PM

4,769 posts, read 6,558,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw314 View Post
Wall requirements such as using the wall for tv mounts and wall beds for example, you have to go through the management to get approval for them. You're not allowed to touch the ceilings. But can do whatever you'd like with the walls. Strange requirements .
Maybe there are engineering factors to take into consideration, given that this building was constructed using pre-fab units. Just speculating!

Old 02-08-2017, 03:30 PM

6 posts, read 6,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw314 View Post
Due to the building being a modular construction, it's not so strange for them to have wall requirements or the floors to be squeaky/lower quality... the apartment wasn't built in the traditional sense, but instead it was assembled like legos

Old 02-08-2017, 03:31 PM

6 posts, read 6,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macnyc2003 View Post
Maybe there are engineering factors to take into consideration, given that this building was constructed using pre-fab units. Just speculating!
haha virtually the same response @ the same time

Old 02-08-2017, 04:26 PM

A question I've been curious about...

How many 1st intake interviews do you think MHANY did for this lottery? 500? More?

Old 02-08-2017, 05:03 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,854,441 times
Probably WAY more than available apartments, but people fall through the cracks as the process goes on, so they need back up and alternatives I guess. Definitely normal. I just think they lack of status updates and for some of us early on some pretty dashed hope, but that may have been on us more than them really. I tell myself everyday I am over it, but I check back and still am holding out hope :/ But hope keeps us living, so it's not that bad.

Old 02-08-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
Probably WAY more than available apartments, but people fall through the cracks as the process goes on, so they need back up and alternatives I guess. Definitely normal. I just think they lack of status updates and for some of us early on some pretty dashed hope, but that may have been on us more than them really. I tell myself everyday I am over it, but I check back and still am holding out hope :/ But hope keeps us living, so it's not that bad.
Yeah I got really discouraged in the middle when so many people after me were getting second interviews within a week. What a bizarre process.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:05 PM

114 posts, read 180,128 times
HUD suggests (it's embarrassing how much I Googled about this stuff) that developers interview 5 times more people than there are slots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery