Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2017, 10:33 AM

86 posts, read 104,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norikins29 View Post
For Problematic... I had the same question earlier.. I'm going today, I'll report back my experience.
Question?? When did you go in with the second batch of paperwork. I feel like we did it at the same time. I'm curious.

Old 02-15-2017, 10:39 AM

74 posts, read 93,394 times
Update: Yup, officially waitlisted now. CB preference, log 4,4xx. Middle income band. Apartments are now full for this band for my log # and above (at least for CB pref - maybe they kept some for non-pref? IDK...).

Would appreciate knowing if there's anyone that got into this band with a log number OVER 4500...

Old 02-15-2017, 10:54 AM

45 posts, read 59,623 times
crwnhtsresident, how did you get the news. What income band was you looking at or qualified for?

Old 02-15-2017, 10:55 AM

114 posts, read 180,196 times
Like crwn, I just got an official waitlist notice via e-mail. I now will be a bit less coy: my number was #4,8xx, and I was "competing" for middle income bands (I make about 60k). I confirmed with HDC that I had CB preference. I'm bummed and feel a bit silly for waiting all this time, but honestly, now that it's over I'll just go on the open market. I'm lucky that I have that option. To all of you who won out: congrats! To everyone else: good luck and good fortune.

Old 02-15-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofcoins37 View Post
Like crwn, I just got an official waitlist notice via e-mail. I now will be a bit less coy: my number was #4,8xx, and I was "competing" for middle income bands (I make about 60k). I confirmed with HDC that I had CB preference. I'm bummed and feel a bit silly for waiting all this time, but honestly, now that it's over I'll just go on the open market. I'm lucky that I have that option. To all of you who won out: congrats! To everyone else: good luck and good fortune.
Same here as far as income bands. The 1000 studios/1300 1-beds. And they sent us the notice via a mass mail-chimp email lol....

I sent an email to a contact I have at MHANY who told me I should still come in to view the apt next week... I have very mixed feelings about that. Spent too much time thinking about this already.... *sigh*

Old 02-15-2017, 11:10 AM

114 posts, read 180,196 times
Yeah, crwn, you should ask about that. That's weird. "You're waitlisted! Come look at the model unit!" ...??? My income situation has changed a _bit_ in the past year or so, so part of me might try and appeal based on that, but it seems less and less worth it.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofcoins37 View Post
Yeah, crwn, you should ask about that. That's weird. "You're waitlisted! Come look at the model unit!" ...??? My income situation has changed a _bit_ in the past year or so, so part of me might try and appeal based on that, but it seems less and less worth it.
I know it sounds weird but they're applying the "you never know what could happen...." mentality. Besides, I'm curious... I just may do it

Old 02-15-2017, 11:29 AM

40 posts, read 50,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latashaw83 View Post
Question?? When did you go in with the second batch of paperwork. I feel like we did it at the same time. I'm curious.
HI! I actually emailed everything 2/1 and followed up with an email and a couple of phone calls. I have not been back in the office since December. If you don't mind me asking what income bracket are you shooting for?? Maybe I can get some additional information today. I will keep praying for all of in this ridiculous process!

Old 02-15-2017, 11:38 AM

86 posts, read 104,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norikins29 View Post
HI! I actually emailed everything 2/1 and followed up with an email and a couple of phone calls. I have not been back in the office since December. If you don't mind me asking what income bracket are you shooting for?? Maybe I can get some additional information today. I will keep praying for all of in this ridiculous process!
OK I sent mine in on 2/2. I'm in the 33,000- 40,000 bracket.

Old 02-15-2017, 11:47 AM

35 posts, read 75,226 times
Just received my "You've Been Waitlisted" letter via email. So all of the mobility disability apartments I'm going to the meeting they're having tomorrow for 38 Sixth Ave. I don't know, but I'm going anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery