Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2017, 12:03 PM

71 posts, read 118,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bblessed View Post
I see what the concern is.....no its 50% of the units not income band and the logic that follows is the log number..that's why it's called a lottery. So if the first 5 log numbers for CB pref apps qualify for all apartments in that income band, then yes...they will take the whole band because their log number came first.
I see what you guys are saying. ...why are they putting one pref group before another. ....thas not fair..they should group all prefs in one lump then follow log number logic

Old 02-17-2017, 12:55 PM

155 posts, read 187,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2bblessed View Post
I see what you guys are saying. ...why are they putting one pref group before another. ....thas not fair..they should group all prefs in one lump then follow log number logic
It's the law...

Old 02-17-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw314 View Post
It's the law...
Well then they broke the law because they completely forgot about the disability group and put the CB pref group first.

Old 02-17-2017, 03:40 PM

15 posts, read 18,910 times
went into sign affidavits yesterday...basically calculated my income said i fit in the higher income range..calculated again with a more recent check.. said i was good for the middle range but no more apartments left for that.. so i took the higher one instead of being put on the waitlist... it's not likely that list is moving anytime soon from what i was told.. check out the apartment sometime next week =/

Old 02-17-2017, 03:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4567 View Post
I don't think you can appeal being placed on the waitlist. You can only appeal rejections. What would your grounds for the appeal be?
Right! To appeal being waitlisted is weird! But, when I called and spoke with someone at HDC, they advised to write an appeal letter to MHANY management & to hdc compliance. I then called MHANY to ask for clarity on the lottery process and appealing being waitlisted(as advised)- I was told while appealing any decision (within 10 days) is the right of any applicant- it basically doesn't make sense.So, I don't know what the grounds of appeal would be, but also wouldn't want to miss the window of opportunity to appeal.(Considering it was advised by someone with HDC) idk!

Old 02-17-2017, 04:12 PM

24 posts, read 39,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crwnhtsresident View Post
Do it. What I really want to see too is a breakdown from HDC of which log #s with which preferences got which apartments. B/c I really don't trust it's being handled correctly.
Well, I think it's preference for 50 % of all apartments. The income band comes after.

Old 02-17-2017, 04:37 PM

40 posts, read 50,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblematicBae View Post
went into sign affidavits yesterday...basically calculated my income said i fit in the higher income range..calculated again with a more recent check.. said i was good for the middle range but no more apartments left for that.. so i took the higher one instead of being put on the waitlist... it's not likely that list is moving anytime soon from what i was told.. check out the apartment sometime next week =/
Same thing happened to me! How many bedrooms are you going for?

Old 02-17-2017, 05:14 PM

15 posts, read 18,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norikins29 View Post
1 bedroom

Old 02-17-2017, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norikins29 View Post

Norikins, did you have the Same option as problematicbae of qualifying for another income bracket?

Old 02-17-2017, 06:45 PM

3,699 posts, read 3,859,455 times
This lottery proves one thing... middle income single earners in this city are SCREWED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery