Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 07:37 AM

34,097 posts, read 47,302,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
People really think poor people while having unprotected sex are actually long term planning about getting food stamps and public housing. This section is full of morons
Lol thank you. Like they really sitting up doing a budget like "If we have 3 kids, we'll get this - but if we have 5 kids we'll get that...." FOH. Majority of people who commented on here don't even be in the projects like that (grammatical errors on purpose)

Forum TOS: http://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 07:40 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Why do poor people in NYC have so many kids!?

Because they cannot afford cable.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:57 AM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
Becuz;

Some people feel it's mandatory to have kids so if you don't then your sexuality will be questioned.
Some people just don't use condoms or birth controm (there is the primal subconscious urge to pro-create)
Some people don't know when to stop

Old 05-15-2016, 10:13 AM

37 posts, read 44,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyRUMad View Post
Walk by any project or other subsidized housing and you'll find single moms/grandmas with gaggles of kids. What is it about being poor that makes people have so many children, or does having so many children make people poor?

If I was broke, or grew up in the hood, the last thing I'd be doing is having kids. I even see it here on CD. People come on here asking for help getting subsidized housing. Their background is almost always the same; bad credit, no job, six kids.

What is up with all the kids?
You guys are always trolling bringing up your one-sided views. This question didn't take a blog for you to figure out. Next time your in the projects (which I'm sure you probably never stepped foot in one.) Ask one of those mothers. Don't come on a conservative site and ask that question. Half of the people on CD are out of touch with these issues they only know what they see and hear spewed from sources such as Fox News.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:28 AM

[quote=Ivory Lee Spurlock;44060332]Its all political. They grow up to be Democrats. They are a big part of the Democrat constituency.

If they had to get out and work, they would more than likely do some sort of minimum wage menial/service type job. It's easier and it's more profitable to stay home at the expense of the taxpayers who actually have to go to work.

The govt needs to give these welfare recipients some real motivation to get out of that lifestyle. As long as they are able bodied, they should have to do something to give back to the community. Some volunteer work even if it's stuffing envelopes, something so it's just not all take-take-

The stereotype views on CD is sickening. You guys troll daily and make indirect comments towards minorities . And once someone calls you out on it you get upset or attempt to cover it up with facts or bring up that one "black friend" that you have. You guys seem to know a lot about what's going in the "hood", but would be too afraid to step in one. All of views are unoriginal, you've learned your views from Fox News and places such as CD. If you were so compassionate about the takers, how about you take some iniative and leave your surburban lilly white pretentous neighborhood and become involved. Host free education seminars. Start up a non profit organization, helping the folks find work. Not everyone on Welfare chooses to be trust I know. I recived snap benifits while in college full-time and working a minimum wage job. So your saying I didn't deserve to recieve them because I not entitled? Don't make generalizations over things you clear have no clue about. A majority of the women living in Metro housing are usually single parent mothers with 1to 2 children max. Just because a few abuse the system doesn't meant you can make a blanket statement for all of them

Old 05-15-2016, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
The OP did not specify the ethnicity of the "poor people in NYC having so many kids".

Poor Jews having lots of kids that they can't support/don't work to support is a problem, just as poor New Yorkers of any ethnicity is.

Jews (and others) who have lots of kids but work/are able to support them, is a whole other story - good for them.
Someone always tries to justify when you get called out for indirect racism and stereotyping...A majority of people on City Data are the same and have never actually been in a situation to use government assistance and have no understanding of real life situations or scenarios, but are quick to past judgement, and have lack of empathy for people as unfortunate as themselves..Just because youve been programed from countless hours of watching Fox News Network, watch a few movies,or drive past the ghetto on your way to work doesn't make you an expert.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:01 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,358,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
How do you know they are "abusing" it?
Maybe they are simply poor and eligible for benefits?
(The hasidic/ultra-Orthodox Jewish and Russian Jewish community have a relatively high rate of poverty.)
I'm Jewish and I think what the Hasids do is abuse.

Having 7-10 kids because you know the city, state, and feds will help out is abuse in my book. It may not be illegal but it's unethical.

Ask them and they will all claim it's gods blessings. God created welfare? lol

Old 05-15-2016, 11:08 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,358,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ISpeakTruth330 View Post
Someone always tries to justify when you get called out for indirect racism and stereotyping...A majority of people on City Data are the same and have never actually been in a situation to use government assistance and have no understanding of real life situations or scenarios, but are quick to past judgement, and have lack of empathy for people as unfortunate as themselves..Just because youve been programed from countless hours of watching Fox News Network, watch a few movies,or drive past the ghetto on your way to work doesn't make you an expert.
My family came to this country as immigrants and for the first 3 or 4 years my mom received food stamps.
She stayed home to take care of my brother and I as we were 2 and 3 years old respectively. My father started work at a minimum wage roofing job right away.

Thankfully, my parents were able to move on from government assistance, buy a home, save for retirement, and put their kids through college. My parents came here in there 20's without speaking English or knowing the culture.

If my parents were born here, I have no doubt they would have done many times better than what they have been able to achieve. Nonetheless, they achieved a lot relative to the obstacles they faced.

With all that being said, I see so much abuse and reliance on the system by people both natural born and immigrants . I practically consider myself natural born as I came here when I was 3 and I do not see how a natural born hard working (whether they're dumb or smart) individual cannot at least attain a middle class life in the US. For immigrants, it's a lot harder depending on their age but a middle class life is also not out of the question.

NYC is a beast unto its own with the abuse of government assistance and frankly it's sickening at time.
I'm not only pointing to blacks or Hispanics. Whites abuse the system just as much.

Between the government assistance programs and make-work city jobs, NY'ers who actually make this city tick (both working class -wealthy) get ****ted on.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I wont say projects alone, but I want to say the hood in general, from the projects, to low income tenements that have not face that wrath of gentrification, than you have immigrant groups like Hispanics, Asians and certain religious groups such has Hassidic Jews, or certain Protestant groups have plenty of kids. Why do so many folks in the hood have to many kids? I'm not sure about lots of folks having lots of kids, but what I find concerning is the high rate of out of wedlock births in the hood which do not lead to nowhere and creates fractured relationships and future dysfunctional families.

For one folks in the hood are not smart, even though they have street smarts, overall they are not smart. Having more than one kid and being on welfare will hurt even more especially since SNAP ahs been cut over the years. Also in the hood folks do not practice safe sex, or are clumsy using birth control methods that prevents pregnancy. I find it amazing how so many women in the hood go for knucklehead men and have not one child with a knucklehead man, but sometimes two children. A good thing I came across some educated single mom hood women who decided to tie their tubes after having 1 child, until they find a decent guy to procreate with. I went out with one woman, pretty smart too, she graduated from NYU, but she had two children with a knucklehead boyfriend. She tied her tubes until she met guy on or near her level. She was really feeling me, but I really cant date women with kids anymore. If anyone here is seeing a hood woman, be very careful and cautious. And hood females on here, do yourself a favor and tie your tubes if you are sexually active with a knucklehead boyfriend that does not have his head on his shoulders. Also find it amazing that native NYC try real hard to make relationships work.

Than you have immigrant groups. Boy oh boy, Mexicans have plenty of kids, as well as other Latino groups such as Central Americans. Asians also have plenty of kids as well. A good Asian friend of mines come from a family of four siblings, Thankfully they all pulled themselves out of poverty and into 100k- million dollar positions. I came across a hot Guyanese woman at a roti shop, she had three kids, and she can probably push out more.

Than you have religious sects. Hassidic Jews have plenty of children at a very young age. Christian groups have plenty of kids. A good thing Mormon culture did not take off in NYC as of yet. Catholics who have plenty of kids especially amongst immigrant ethnic white Europeans and Hispanic immigrant groups. Than you have Africans from North Africa, French West Africa and Central Africa who have loads of kids here in NYC, vs immigrant Christian Africans who do not have boat load of kids versus African Muslims.

All I want to say is that, if you are sleeping with a woman, and she say's "I want to feel you inside of me", or feel your nut or seed, my advice to guys is to pull out.
First of all when did you become an expert? All folks from the hood are not smart? Ok so the BA that I have in sociology is void correct? Did I mention that I graduated from Case Western? Oh yeah I'm working on my second degree Bio-Chem at the University of Akron. And I came from the hood. So what about your pretentous lilly white small lipped mayonnaise sandwich eating culture? What about all of the pedophilia in your Catholic,LD, and Mormon churches? Why does your homes smell like wet dog?Why don't you even have a unique culture? What about the meth users and the heroin use running rampant I your neighborhoods? It's the hoods fault right? Why is it that the Lilly white surban culture the most disliked group of "folks" across the globe besides (Europe and Asia ) Europe being the orgin of your kind and Asia because they strive to be like you. If I'm not mistaking white Americans were the not only the first "immigrants" more so land grabbers, imperial thieves. Who enslaved Africans ,for whom were already in the Americas, but they won't put that in your social studies book. You people have some nerve. The lack of empathy and the whitewash of history have made your "folks" brain washed and dumber than the "folks" in the hood....So continue with your daily dose of Fox news and frequenting sites as such to make yourself feel more superior than what your not. Stay out of the sun as it may cause you skin cancer.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:17 AM

[quote=Cinema Cat;44065848]"Abuse" doesn't mean "illegal." It means planning for future welfare payments. It means being a parasite.

Responsible people have only as many kids as they can afford on their own dime.

Parasites know in advance that they can't afford kids, but have kids anyway, because they'll be "eligible" for other people's tax money.

Welfare should be a safety net for unexpected life crises. It shouldn't be part of your financial planning.

Parasites know how to work the system. They know how to vote themselves more money from fellow taxpayers. They know how to engage in "legal" theft.

Much of what goes on in Wall Street, like the Goldman Sachs bailouts, are a form of legalized theft. So is siphoning off more than your fair share of tax dollars from your fellow citizens, as part of your longterm financial planning.[/Q

Very unbiased and intelligent post!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City