Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 07:52 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,448,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
I have done it. It is annoying to get off a 90 minute subway ride and nobody will let you use their bathroom, even when you are a paying customer. Add more public restrooms (i suspect the reason they dont is because they dont want the homeless camping out overnight.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2016, 08:29 AM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownHillAmerica View Post
Yes, so cowardly to want to live in a safe, clean city. Thanks for the lesson.
Cowardly and whiny. I doubt you even live in NYC.

Old 05-28-2016, 08:30 AM

379 posts, read 255,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Cowardly and whiny. I doubt you even live in NYC.
This is a habit of yours: literally making stuff up about people that you don't even know. I am 37 years old and have been living in one of the boroughs for 37 years. How does that grab ya?

I see you're having a hard time explaining what is cowardly about desiring a safe and clean city.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:21 AM

593 posts, read 470,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I have done it. It is annoying to get off a 90 minute subway ride and nobody will let you use their bathroom, even when you are a paying customer. Add more public restrooms (i suspect the reason they dont is because they dont want the homeless camping out overnight.)
Unfortunately, the problem with lack of public restrooms in NYC has been going on for decades. They tried to add some in the early 90's and ran into opposition due to not all units having handicapped access.

Check out this article from 1991: In New York, Few Public Toilets and Many Rules - NYTimes.com

Old 05-28-2016, 11:42 AM

7,906 posts, read 7,890,990 times
These crimes have always been considered low level offenses, but if "they" are out to get you, you're gonna get written up

Old 05-28-2016, 12:28 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownHillAmerica View Post
This is a habit of yours: literally making stuff up about people that you don't even know. I am 37 years old and have been living in one of the boroughs for 37 years. How does that grab ya?

I see you're having a hard time explaining what is cowardly about desiring a safe and clean city.
Because you need daddy cops to make you feel "safe" and to protect you from feeling "offended".

And that is both whiny and cowardly.

Not that I think people should go out of their way to take leaks outside, but there are also not enough cops to stop this. Most of the time when people take a leak outside there is no cop around to do anything.

And if you think they can hire enough cops to stop people from urinating outside, you're delusional.

Old 05-29-2016, 07:56 AM

379 posts, read 255,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Because you need daddy cops to make you feel "safe" and to protect you from feeling "offended".
I know right, why should I be offended by people urinating wherever they please. Strange that any person thinks there should be law enforcement in a civilized society.

Quote:
And that is both whiny and cowardly.
I know right, it is whiny and cowardly to express that one doesn't want some parts of NYC to degenerate even further into the various violent, squalor-ridden reservations that characterized it throughout the 70's and 80's.

Strange I want a society in which the defenseless, like eighty year old ladies, to whom the words cowardly and whiny shouldn't even be applied, should be able to walk in any alleyway and take any subway car at any time of the night without fear of being harmed.

But look who I am talking to, a big and brave tough guy!

Quote:

Not that I think people should go out of their way to take leaks outside, but there are also not enough cops to stop this. Most of the time when people take a leak outside there is no cop around to do anything.
Oh really? I didn't know that!

Quote:

And if you think they can hire enough cops to stop people from urinating outside, you're delusional.
I don't think that, nor did I ever imply that.

You got a great knack for making things up, and I've seen you do this in the past, incessantly making things up or falsely assuming things about other posters. You got one great imagination Mr. Writer Man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: