Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 09:18 PM

3,960 posts, read 3,598,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post

I really wanted to move to Brighton Beach this summer, but things worked out where I can stay where I am in a vomit part of Brooklyn, but I have to stay here.
Really?

I would never want to live in Brighton Beach.
It's SO crowded and seems dirty and congested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 09:29 PM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius37 View Post
It's getting MUCH more mixed with a lot of the new condos there. I've been going to the beach there every weekend for the last 4 years (honestly, I do it to get away from regular NYC and it's a beach setting so it's a win-win for me). It's not as Russian as it used to be, but when I say that I am only talking about just 3-4 years ago really. Maybe it's just not as ethnically Russian!?? More second-third generation? I don't know. It's still my favorite ****ing beach on Earth and i've been there every weekend for 4 summers now and I've never been bothered by anyone. Mexican families come out late in the summer too, it's very mixed and very peaceful unlike the beaches along Coney Island (although I've NEVER had a had problem on any coney island beaches, except the random floating dirty diaper and stuff).

I really wanted to move to Brighton Beach this summer, but things worked out where I can stay where I am in a vomit part of Brooklyn, but I have to stay here.
If Brighton Beach is your favorite beach and you wanted to live there then I'd recommend a psychiatric evaluation.

That place is ****ing disgusting.

I'm only half joking.

Old 06-08-2016, 02:08 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoshanarose View Post
Really?

I would never want to live in Brighton Beach.
It's SO crowded and seems dirty and congested.
It's only that way on Brighton Beach Ave.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:50 AM

779 posts, read 1,004,035 times
OP what your friend(s) said about Brighton Beach, can be said about any race or religions enclave. Can't please everybody....

Brighton beach is a nice place, a lot of old school first generation families, youngsters new to the country that don't speak much english as of yet, and a lot of wealth moving into the brand new and fairly new luxury condo's throughout brighton, people are paying up to $1.5million to live in the Oceana Complex penthouse on coney island ave and brighton.

The way some people described the neighborhood in this thread, makes it sound like the projects.

People forget, living next to the ocean is a luxury. There are many classy and delicious restaurants with live performances. I've never gotten sick from eating anywhere on brighton.

It's a safe and beautiful place to check out and try some delicious delicatessens and take a nice stroll along the boardwalk.

Some of the most beautiful woman in NYC can be found in this neighborhood!

Old 06-08-2016, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
It's only that way on Brighton Beach Ave.
I don't know.
Most of the neighborhood feels a bit slummy to me.

Old 06-08-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NycLaidBack View Post
There are many classy and delicious restaurants with live performances. I've never gotten sick from eating anywhere on brighton.

It's a safe and beautiful place to check out and try some delicious delicatessens and take a nice stroll along the boardwalk.

Some of the most beautiful woman in NYC can be found in this neighborhood!
Where are the classy restaurants and beautiful women?

Old 06-08-2016, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Where are the classy restaurants and beautiful women?
Tatiana, National, Chinar, Nargis, Volna, Vis a Vis, La Vue, Gambrinas, Glechik, Skazka, Romanoff, Signature, Falada, 1001 nights...

Stroll along emmons ave in sheepshead bay all the way through Brighton beach, you'll think the victorias secret fashion show is going on...

Old 06-08-2016, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I don't know.
Most of the neighborhood feels a bit slummy to me.
Keep in mind that its current version is mostly pre-WW2 small homes that at one time were Bed & Breakfasts for people who wanted to be within walking distance of the beach during the warmer months. Before that it was a large Bungalow Colony. If you go to a Google Earth you'll see that some of the bungalows are still standing behind homes.

BRIGHTON BEACH LANES - Forgotten New York

Old 06-08-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NycLaidBack View Post
Tatiana, National, Chinar, Nargis, Volna, Vis a Vis, La Vue, Gambrinas, Glechik, Skazka, Romanoff, Signature, Falada, 1001 nights...

Stroll along emmons ave in sheepshead bay all the way through Brighton beach, you'll think the victorias secret fashion show is going on...

Your list of restaurants are mostly Sheepshead Bay and on the border of where Coney Island starts (Ocean Parkway) and not on the side where Brighton Beach starts. Nobody strolls from Sheepshead Bay to Brighton Beach. They may stroll to Manhattan Beach. People dress more upscale in those areas rather than Brighton Beach.

Old 06-08-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
Your list of restaurants are mostly Sheepshead Bay and on the border of where Coney Island starts (Ocean Parkway) and not on the side where Brighton Beach starts. Nobody strolls from Sheepshead Bay to Brighton Beach. They may stroll to Manhattan Beach. People dress more upscale in those areas rather than Brighton Beach.
What's your point though? "Nobody strolls from sheepshead to brighton beach", what is that even supposed to mean? How lazy are you?

It's common to walk from emmons ave to the brighton beach boardwalk, it's what people do when they want to get out of the house and breath some fresh air.

It takes 10-15 minutes to reach brighton beach from emmons ave by foot and 3 minutes by car, it's a pleasant walk along the canal.

The question was where are the classy russian restaurants and beautiful woman. Where did you get confused?

Upscale dressing and class spreads from sheepshead bay through manhattan beach and right into brighton. You obviously never been to brighton beach at night when all the restaurants and cafes open for banquet parties, let alone look at all the cars that pull up to these spots.

Stop believing everything you hear and pictures you see online, get off the computer and go see it for yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: